Salinger's twenty ninth challenge!

Salinger

7 minutes ago, Salinger said:

housework will get the blood pumping

It surely will :) 

Regarding the time, you might not be able to deep clean both kitchen and main room. Pick one and do the best job you can, the other one may be done tomorrow. 

• Like 1

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges: Nothing new right now, focusing on current routine | #16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Bike build

1 hour ago, aramis said:

It surely will :) 

Regarding the time, you might not be able to deep clean both kitchen and main room. Pick one and do the best job you can, the other one may be done tomorrow. 

Yes good point. Thanks Aramis :)

Just been to buy a new litter tray for Jacks, (and some treats for him!) and the cashier at the shop said she loved my hair :D ❤️ felt amazing hehe.

Now having a cup of tea and doing emails, then THE CLEAN COMMENCES....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2

omg i love the skeleton with the mop  XD what a cutie!

your hair really does look fantastic, Sal! How lovely for the cashier to comment, too :D

congratulations on the assessment, by the way, i know that's been a huge source of stress and do wish it didn't have to be, but so glad that's not hanging over you anymore! and further congratulations on your interaction with the Arts Council and the Director, that's truly amazing. Best curator in 12 years, ahhhhh i'm so proud for you!

Hey, even though you didnt get a full minute plank the other day, i can't help noticing that the time has gone up from that first plank you did, maybe last challenge or so? you have built up strength and stamina and you are making great progress! Good luck with your cleaning today! ❤️

• Like 3

Matthew 25:34-40

1 hour ago, Maggie-Miau said:

omg i love the skeleton with the mop  XD what a cutie!

your hair really does look fantastic, Sal! How lovely for the cashier to comment, too :D

congratulations on the assessment, by the way, i know that's been a huge source of stress and do wish it didn't have to be, but so glad that's not hanging over you anymore! and further congratulations on your interaction with the Arts Council and the Director, that's truly amazing. Best curator in 12 years, ahhhhh i'm so proud for you!

Hey, even though you didnt get a full minute plank the other day, i can't help noticing that the time has gone up from that first plank you did, maybe last challenge or so? you have built up strength and stamina and you are making great progress! Good luck with your cleaning today! ❤️

Thank you for kind words about my hair :)

And the assessment yes PHEW, stress can leave from that for a bit now...shouldnt be assessed again for a while. (i hope) 

Aww thanks Mia, yes was quite the surprise with that from the director :o 

Yes im being able to do 'longer' planks this challenge, so maybe i am building a bit of strength, will keep going :D xx

1 hour ago, TGP said:

" hunt around for the earbuds and cellphone; spotify something loud, and Dance to the Music.. while you work"

I had a record on blasting away :D  some punk band, i was singing along !!!!! ❤️ 

________

2 hours later? SPARKING CLEAN - Kitchen still to finish off but the rest of the flat - which is just one room (the bathroom is clean as did that the other day) well my main room is brill, and hoovered which makes such a difference. I have some incense burning and it smells amazing. :)

Jackson is happy with his new litter tray too and i got him some cat milk which he can have later. He is sleeping on my freshly made bed at the moment ❤️

Bloody hell, its true that a clean house means tidy mind. I feel more calm already. 

Its 3.30pm now, i have a lot of work to do this evening. I just found out a deadline is Monday and im busy all weekend so ill have to get it finished tonight and send it. 

Im looking forward to a bath later, washing my hair and watching the match. xx

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Salinger said:

Bloody hell, its true that a clean house means tidy mind. I feel more calm already.

GREAT!

Small victories every now and then can take you long way. Only thing to remember is to acknowledge them (that's my weak spot ;) ) and you'll feel better about yourself. 

Actually I think I need to write this down for the next time when "What's the Point, Why Bother" mood will happen. 

Hugs!

• Like 2

Challenges: Nothing new right now, focusing on current routine | #16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Bike build

4 hours ago, tonic said:

Your hair is rocking! 

It only took you 2 hours to sparking clean - woah that's amazing!  When my place is clean and straighten up my mental health is more steady.

You totally can rock that deadline! ❤️

Hey Tonic, thanks a lot :)

Yes just over 2 hours, but i have a studio flat, so its pretty small haha xx

21 minutes ago, aramis said:

GREAT!

Small victories every now and then can take you long way. Only thing to remember is to acknowledge them (that's my weak spot ;) ) and you'll feel better about yourself. 

Actually I think I need to write this down for the next time when "What's the Point, Why Bother" mood will happen. 

Hugs!

Yeahhh :)  and yes im not great at acknowledging them either, so we should help each other with that !!! xx

Hey all. 9.45pm its so toasty and warm in the flat, i popped the heating on for an hour, FELL ASLEEP on the sofa, woke up, had a hot bath, washed my hair, now im sipping water and enjoying feeling cosy. The flat smells wonderful from the incense and Jackson is purring quietly on my bed. 

Ill work on the application for a bit longer, then go to bed and hopefully sleep better. 

Tomorrow i am going to Blackpool with a couple of friends, to see another friends art exhibition. Then meeting in afternoon with a curator, then i may go for a couple of drinks on the way back. As my friend has asked if im free. Nothing major though as im pretty skint. 

Then Sunday id like to go for a walk in the morning, then in the afternoon i will settle down and watch England in the rugby, then Everton (who play @loire's team, Arsenal!!!!) 

So a nice weekend planned i think!! 

Oh i have this overwhelming feeling that i will find out about the big funding bid, on Thursday next week :o so im quite anxious about that...but ill try to stay zen and not worry until the email arrives. 

My nutrition hasnt been good the past few days, been eating mainly beige foods from the freezer due to lack of effort on my part. Will try to rectify that asap. Tomrrow im out most of the day so will prob eat out. Ill make sure i pick good things, but Sunday im at home and can cook for myself...NEED to track as much as poss, as that seems to keep me going. 

Exercise been better this week, not amazing like, but had 3 workouts at home with the kettlebells. I need to do more walking i think...also ive not got DOMS or anything so perhaps i need to do more reps? ill experiment...

xx

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Salinger said:

Exercise been better this week, not amazing like, but had 3 workouts at home with the kettlebells. I need to do more walking i think...also ive not got DOMS or anything so perhaps i need to do more reps? ill experiment...

Exercise wise you are on point - 3 workouts a week is very good ratio. More walking on rest days is also a good plan. 

About DOMS - it isn't ANY determinant of your workout quality, and you shouldn't treat DOMS this way. Different people are susceptible to DOMS in different degree.

I'm the lucky one I don't get DOMS pretty at all, and I don't think my training is "not enough". Maybe you are similar.

• Like 2

Bike build

3 hours ago, aramis said:

Exercise wise you are on point - 3 workouts a week is very good ratio. More walking on rest days is also a good plan. 

About DOMS - it isn't ANY determinant of your workout quality, and you shouldn't treat DOMS this way. Different people are susceptible to DOMS in different degree.

I'm the lucky one I don't get DOMS pretty at all, and I don't think my training is "not enough". Maybe you are similar.

Thanks Aramis :) xx

• Like 1

Hi all...9.30am. Was up early today because i was meant to be going to Blackpool to see an art exhibition, but my friend isnt well (he was driving) so we arent going now. I could go on my own but i cant really be bothered haha

Its actually sunny this morning ..!!!!! But very cold, so i popped the heating on for 30 mins or so. 

I plan on working on that application, then watch the football at midday, then go to meet another friend at around 4pm .. meeting about a show then a few drinks, then home....!!

xx

• Like 1

So you are doing SO MUCH WORKOUTS, and it is amazing!!

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Hello all. Yesterday started nicely, i mean in the afternoon, i met my friend we had some drinks, we chatted about art. (And taking over the world) 

Then saw some other friends, then some more....i was getting lots of messages from different people saying to meet them etc, but around 11pm i started to feel anxious and sad. So I WENT HOME :o id never usually do that...id always stay out till the end, so its kind of strange.But good i looked after myself i think. 

Today i slept in late, then ate crappy pizza. :( then now im watching the rugby and in 30 mins, Everton are on. 

Im tired. Ill need to plan my upcoming week, then relax, maybe read or something,. x

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Salinger said:

So I WENT HOME

Sometimes you fell off the wagon of party spirit. If you can't get on it right away, there's no point to force yourself to stay when you don't feel the jive. Better use the time to get some sleep. 

33 minutes ago, Salinger said:

ate crappy pizza.

It happens. Just adjust to it. If you ate much of it, stick to low cal stuff like veggies etc for the rest of the day (with some protein source - lean meat preferably). If you ate moderately, just treat it like a normal meal and carry on. 

I'm quite nerdy regarding macros (this works for me), I try to eat low processed stuff etc, but sometimes it's impossible to keep this tactic because family comes first and I eat whatever is served. If I can manage portion sizes, it's a win. If not... I try not to overthink and just enjoy family time. I can always try to adjust next day's nutrition to balance it a bit. It's not that one bad meal or day will undo all your work. 

One or two worse days in a decent week is still great, when you look at it long-term. The point is not to hate yourself for every mistake. Those will happen no matter what. Just Keep-Calm-and-Carry-On-Navy-Blue-Poster-Front__69597.1319984235.600.600.jpg?c=2

You're doing great Liz. To be honest, I think you are progressing more than anybody I know here. You just have problems in believing in yourself (look who's talking...). 

Anyway, I hope Everton won't make you too mad. Pet Jacks form me, and keep on keeping on :) 

Hugs!

• Like 3

Bike build

1 hour ago, aramis said:

You're doing great Liz. To be honest, I think you are progressing more than anybody I know here. You just have problems in believing in yourself (look who's talking...). 

Anyway, I hope Everton won't make you too mad. Pet Jacks form me, and keep on keeping on :) 

Hugs!

Yeah its not constant bad food choices. Today im exhausted, i barely have food in and i had pizza. Ill make better choices in the week. 

Wow thanks Aramis, thats amazing to hear, and i will try to believe it :D haha

Everton DID make me mad....we lost :( shit shit shit. oh well. Ill cuddle Jacks for you. 

Its 6.45pm here, dark out and quiet! I will try to have a relaxing night now. I might do a bit of work, or prep for work for tomorrow. I might make some salad soon. Maybe ill have 30 min nap?

Bleurgh i feel a bit crappy, restless. Tired. Anxious. Im scared i will hear about funding this week and scared if its rejected i will go into bad depression! I suppose i prepare for that? 

I will try to workout tomorrow. i may go to the gym actually. Do some walk/jog intervals. I need to get into a habit. 3 times a week. COME ON.... xx

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Salinger said:

I need to get into a habit. 3 times a week. COME ON.... xx

For starters, to establish a habit you need strict procedures, not vague-ish declaration. "3 times a week" is good, but set days (and even maybe timeframe) are way better. 

Why? 

It'll remove all the mental work about deciding when to train. Just remember you need rest/regeneration days between workouts. AFAIK most common is:

Mon - workout

Tue - rest

Wed - workout

Thu - rest

Fri - workout

Sat - rest

Sun - rest

This setup give you nice amount of flexibility - if something interrupts your training (work, depression, exhibition trip), just postpone it one day and you'll still end up with one day of rest at the weekend. 

Two of those days would be overall strength training (your kettlebell routine for now), and one would be endurance day. Set it anyway you like, but for first month stick to the schedule in sake of building a habit. 

And about endurance - you can use intervals you mentioned at the gym, but as well you can get lots of conditioning out od kettlebell swings alone. Just set a timer for 15 min and swing away (taking breaks as needed). This is another way to make it all flexible - when you feel like it, you go to the gym. You don't feel too social - you can still get the swings in and call it a day. 

What do you think? Is it doable to fit it into your work and lifestyle?

• Like 2

Bike build

1 hour ago, aramis said:

What do you think? Is it doable to fit it into your work and lifestyle?

Yes perhaps that has been the problem? Being too vague so allowing excuses to creep in (ill go tomorrow etc) 

Set days sounds the right thing to do. Mon, Weds, Fri is a good set up i think. I work from home mainly, so can certainly make it work with this. 

Yes this can work!! 

Just need to get nutrition back on track.... xx

• Like 3

Hi morning all. 6.30am and bloody COLD. 

I need some advice i think. 

So the girl moved in upstairs this weekend...she has been messaging me a few times about the heating. Basically, this is two separate flats, but in one house. So it used to be one house completely so the heating is connected. The boiler is in my flat, and the top up gas card is in my flat. 

Anyway - as you guys know i BARELY put the heating on, because i cant afford to have it on all the time (even though its cold) yet she has been pestering me a bit about having it on a lot...

Like for instance she said she wants it set so it comes on at 5AM...till 8am....so when she is waking up its warm. And then in the evening too... for a few hours :o 

I mean, its not unreasonable, people can have the heating on when they like, BUT i cant afford that!!!!!

What on earth do i do?!

______

Apart from that...i slept well last night. Bit of anxiety about the funding bid, but drifted off to sleep ok. And stayed asleep till 5am. woooooo

Im now drinking tea and tracking my nutrition for the day. Its going to be a busy busy week, mainly writing. 

I will be honest, im having a mild case of the 'whats the bloody point??' this morning. Trying hard to ignore it, or work through those thoughts, but it is difficult!! xx

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Salinger said:

'whats the bloody point??'

You matter. Your work matter, and your aspirations. That's the point.

There's a lot of people who care about you. We all wish you all the best and will support you in your struggles. 

The fight is yours alone, but don't forget we all cheer on you and your success. 

About the heating - not sure how the system looks like, but I'll try. I assume it's gas boiler that heats water circulating in the system, right? If so... Do you have valves on the radiators? I mean can you turn the specific radiator off even when boiler is on? If so, the landlord could install gizmos that measure how much heat was pumped through every single radiator and then you and her would pay accordingly to your usage. 

• Like 1

Bike build

1 minute ago, aramis said:

You matter. Your work matter, and your aspirations. That's the point.

There's a lot of people who care about you. We all wish you all the best and will support you in your struggles. 

The fight is yours alone, but don't forget we all cheer on you and your success. 

Thank you Aramis. ❤️

1 minute ago, aramis said:

About the heating - not sure how the system looks like, but I'll try. I assume it's gas boiler that heats water circulating in the system, right? If so... Do you have valves on the radiators? I mean can you turn the specific radiator off even when boiler is on? If so, the landlord could install gizmos that measure how much heat was pumped through every single radiator and then you and her would pay accordingly to your usage. 

Yes gas boiler. I think there are valves? There are definitely bits on there which you can turn 0 - 5....

Thats the thing, im unsure if the landlord would? My old housemate thinks i should tell the landlord that they should install a heating system in the flat above. I mean, if they are renting out two separate flats, its unfair for us to be in this situation? Do you think?

Im scared though, i hate causing a fuss!!!!!! xx

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

bits on there which you can turn 0 - 5

That's the valves, yes.

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

the landlord that they should install a heating system in the flat above

Yes, that would be optimal. For you and the other tenant.

But for the landlord it's extra cost, so I wouldn't count on this option too much.

Heat cost allocators should be easier option - easy to install, decently accurate. 

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

scared though, i hate causing a fuss

Well, it's either cause some fuss or pay for someone's else heating. I'd say just pester the landlord to solve this situation.

• Like 1

Bike build

Hey midday here, just listening to music and drinking tea (what a surprise!) 

Been doing some work on a new project .. im quite excited about it actually, but its tough writing it out, because i cant think properly!!!!

Im really really tired and have a little bit of a headache to be honest. Prob need food. 

Today needs some lists....

- Take medications

- Call psychiatrist office for appointment

- Work on new project application 

- Keep on top of emails

- Stick to tracked nutrition

- Kettlebell workout at home

- Drink 3 glasses of water

- Tidy kitchen

- Change Jacksons litter

- Go and feed Jules (Ste is away) 

- Whilst there, put clothes on a wash

Id love to have a list of this....

- Sleep

but hey ho.... stuff to do :)

Busy day but not overwhelmingly busy, so i should just get on with it really. There are a couple of things to write regarding this new project - if anyone wants to hear about it, ill tell you :)

xx

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Hey midday here, just listening to music and drinking tea (what a surprise!) 

Been doing some work on a new project .. im quite excited about it actually, but its tough writing it out, because i cant think properly!!!!

Im really really tired and have a little bit of a headache to be honest. Prob need food. 

Today needs some lists....

- Take medications

- Call psychiatrist office for appointment

- Work on new project application 

- Keep on top of emails

- Stick to tracked nutrition

- Kettlebell workout at home

- Drink 3 glasses of water

- Tidy kitchen

- Change Jacksons litter

- Go and feed Jules (Ste is away) 

- Whilst there, put clothes on a wash

Id love to have a list of this....

- Sleep

but hey ho.... stuff to do :)

Busy day but not overwhelmingly busy, so i should just get on with it really. There are a couple of things to write regarding this new project - if anyone wants to hear about it, ill tell you :)

xx

we don't want to distract you...

but yes.

OFC we're curious!!

"Inquiring minds want to know"

• Like 2

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

20 minutes ago, TGP said:

we don't want to distract you...

but yes.

OFC we're curious!!

"Inquiring minds want to know"

haha :) sometimes i think i bore you all with my work tales!!!! 

Basically, this new project is about finding an 'emerging' video artist and helping them develop a new ambitious piece of work. There is an open call, to find a curator to do this...so i am writing the proposal specifically for that HOWEVER, if i am not chosen, i still want to go down this route...its a bit crazy, and very ambitious. And something out of my comfort zone but im kind of excited about it also. 

I researched up and coming artists and contacted 6 of them whose work i liked...So far 4 out of the 6 artists have got back to me, answering my 5 questions i had for them. (asking about themes they explore, if they already have a piece of work they want to develop....etc) and got some really interesting stuff back. 

Its hard, i have to choose ONE to move forward with! Maybe two at a push...but there is always time to reconnect in the future. But its hard to make sure i pick the right person. 

One artist is very good and exciting but they seem quite 'lazy' and not ON THE BALL, like i am... so could be quite frustrating to work with. Maybe im wrong but they take a while to reply to emails etc...might prove difficult. 

Anyway, i hope ive articulated how cool this new project COULD be if i do it correctly....xx

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1