Spezzy Keeps Aiming to Even Lift a Polar Bear

spezzy

17 minutes ago, spezzy said:

I made a pasta with alfredo sauce and bacon and shrimp and peas :D It was great but glutens soooooo not going to make it again. 

Bacon and shrimp? This is an unusual combination that sounds genius!

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31

1 hour ago, Scalyfreak said:

2471_500.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

2 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

SO good. Fry up the bacon about halfway, then add shrimp, stir up, incredible.

45 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

2471_500.jpg

Yes also this :D

• Like 2
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Okay! Checking in because it's been a bit.

I have been going to the gym and doing my rehab movements

I did meal prep saturday night

i have been working with the pupper

i did spend some time working on my certifications

i have been talking to people IRL

i started a new 8 week intensive therapy program that i'm optimistic about

sooo havent been posting but have been crushing it for the most part :)

• Like 9
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Posting is a secondary consideration after crushing it. Well done!

The Snoo is it, the hydralic press is you:
giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

oh hai guys

life has been crazy, but i owe an update!

The big news is: I signed a lease for a new place to live, in a different state. My fiance moves in 2 weeks, and I'm moving in a month. He's gonna get things set up for us there, and I'm gonna take care of getting things finalized here.

And what do we do when big life changes happen? We don't give up on our challenge, we simply:

giphy.gif

especially with almost 2 full weeks left!

SO, here are some updates and some changes:

1) Fitness

Gym has been going well. Still not really full squatting often and never heavy but everything else is feeling good. haven't deadlifted in about a month and i don't like that but giving my body this rest and change of pace has been really good, overall. Am excited to get back to it soon, but not quite yet, because things i'll talk about later.

Have been doing mostly oly work, because that's something I can easily do right now and focus mostly on technique, and only go heavy on movements that I can go heavy on right now.

So a lot of super light complexes, like this:

Yesterday I did:

Bench Press 80kg 3x3

Behind the neck snatch grip split jerks - worked up to a couple of singles at 95kg, then did 4's at 85kg:

What is interesting, is that my jerk and bench have always been pretty much the same, but my jerks are slowly creeping past my bench (my front rack jerk is about the same as my BNSG, but I like BNSG better on bench days because it allows my chest to be a little tighter mobility wise).

So like yesterday's bench worksets were 80 for triples, and jerks were 85 for 4's.

This makes sense, and makes me happy, because it means I may be starting to get an idea of how to jerk (jerks should be above bench, if strength is balanced and technique is there). 

I have not been doing cardio workouts, though, and have not been great about my PT. I've been OKAY at it, just not great. I give myself a C for this last week.

For goal updates here, I should be able to keep up with the same goals, at least for the next 2 weeks. I may need to go a few weeks without a gym beginning of April, but we will see!

FOOD:

Food wise, things are going pretty well, but haven't been prepping as much, and have been focused on eating the food I have in the house and buying as little new food as possible.

So that's going to be the big goal - is make sure I'm eating, but also eat the food I have here first instead of buying new food. The alarms and post workout foods are the same, but meal prep and new recipes will wait till the move is over.

TAKING CARE OF MYSELF:

This is gonna be more important than ever, hah.

Schedule planning is going well and will continue

Doctor's stuff is handled as much as it can here, so will continue with my virtual care until the move is over

No phone in bed is still going poorly but less poorly, so i'm still gonna try here.

MAKE THE MOST OF MY LIFE:

Keeping the talk to people in person (that's been going well, I'd say a B so far), but not going to care about social events. Honestly, I don't have time and it doesn't feel like a priority with everything else. I have, however, already found social events to go to in the new location after the move is over, so that's a win.

EVOLVING:

One of my certs has to be done by end of April, so will still focus on that, however, the rest is going to wait till the move.

PERFECT PUPPER:

Poor little man is going to have his life flip turned upside down pretty soon. Continuing with training and field trips are going to be even MORE important, so keeping this up exactly as is :)

• Like 7

Yay, pivot! 

And pantry raids - I actually kind of live playing personal Chopped chef. Sometimes I have really good taste! 

Poor pupper, but at least you’ve got a plan - and puppers are adjustable. You’ve (Both) got this! 

Level 77 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Will you have to find new gyms or is this a NorthEast All-The-States-Are-Close-Together kind of thing?

6 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Yay, pivot! 

And pantry raids - I actually kind of live playing personal Chopped chef. Sometimes I have really good taste! 

Poor pupper, but at least you’ve got a plan - and puppers are adjustable. You’ve (Both) got this! 

haha, yeah, I looooove kitchen sink meals. Some of my favorite long term recipes have come out of them, or have at least been inspired by them.

I figure the good thing with the pupper is since he's gonna have a lot of things up in the air for a few weeks, he'll learn to adjust and that things will be okay even if they aren't perfect routine, which isn't a bad thing for a puppy to learn :)

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Will you have to find new gyms or is this a NorthEast All-The-States-Are-Close-Together kind of thing?

Nah, new gyms. We won't be in the northeast anymore (surpriseeee!). But I've already researched gyms and it looks like there's a yoga studio and a crossfit gym that offers open gym memberships within walking distance, and lots of options within a 5-10 min drive, so I think it may be a "too many options don't know what membership to get" kind of problem, which is a good problem to have :) 

• Like 3

Okay! Yesterday's workout:

Power Cleans up to 176

Weighted chin-ups +25lb 5 sets of 3

Front lever practice

Deadlift 250 for 4 sets of 5 (first time deadlifting in 2 months!)

back flies, reverse iron cross flies, lat pulldowns

• Like 6