h3r0 Bro's out

h3r0

21 minutes ago, Harriet said:

That small yellow man seems to be lifting 100xBW. Impressive. 

It's an ant in disguise!

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

Abs

Band face pulls 

Bird dogs

Dead bug

Plank 

Suitcase carry, Waiter walk combo

I had planned to do a full workout today but I am not really feeling it this morning. Tired, so just did some very light ab work just to do something. 

• Like 2

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

So as a introvert that never wants to leave my house, the quarantine has me living my best life. My anxiety has dropped so low now that I do not have to be around random people that I don't know their hand washing history. I still get up early and workout, shower, but now work from the dining room instead of a commute. 

We take walks as a family after lunch and dinner. At the end of the day I sign off my computer, sit on the back porch, drink a beer and listen to music. I've been cooking dinner every night. A protein, a vegetable, and a starch. It has been really nice. 

My wife is a people person so it has been rough for her but I am really enjoying myself right now. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, h3r0 said:

So as a introvert that never wants to leave my house, the quarantine has me living my best life. My anxiety has dropped so low now that I do not have to be around random people that I don't know their hand washing history. I still get up early and workout, shower, but now work from the dining room instead of a commute. 

Yeah, I actually felt calmer once the shelter in place had started, too. Knowing something was being done and I don't have to do people stuff. 

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

I'm glad to hear you're doing well with the quarantine. I completely understand how it can reduce stress and anxiety about the situation. I hope it has that effect on me as well.

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

40 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Yeah, I actually felt calmer once the shelter in place had started, too. Knowing something was being done and I don't have to do people stuff. 

A really good point 

19 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

I'm glad to hear you're doing well with the quarantine. I completely understand how it can reduce stress and anxiety about the situation. I hope it has that effect on me as well.

Think of it as a really long weekend 

Or try my wife's idea. She suggested that we put up our Christmas tree because you are used to being in the house not doing much during the holidays. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

CHALLENGE WRITE UP

Starting weight: 202 lbs 

Current weight: 200 lbs

A good challenge and I stayed active and accomplished a lot this month but really didn't follow any of what I proposed.

#1 Do you even lift Bro? 

So I quit Ironborn about half way through since I felt the call back to heavy weight but I really appreciate the program for introducing me to the benefits of higher reps and push, pull, legs. It influenced the current program I am on. 

+1 INT

#2 Operation Sleep

My sleep has really improved. I found that I didn't have to be so strick with the caffeine as I thought, but cutting it off early afternoon was good enough. I found white noise really helpful. And probably the biggest impact was eliminating lactose which has eliminated all the weird stomach issues that often had me laying awake. 

+1 CON

#3 Body Composition 

So only did one round of matador and didn't stick to the vegetables at every meal. But the food awareness led to my dairy discovery. In the last few weeks my stomach has flattened considerably. Muscle and fat looks about the same, I believe it is inflammation and bloating that I didn't realize that I had and has gone away. 

Looking forward to the next challenge! 

• Like 4

We took our evening walk and it's crazy to see everyone out doing their things. People out walking, riding bikes, families on their porches with bubble machines, sidewalk chalk. People sitting outside reading. Typically you don't see everyone out doing these kinds of things all at the same time. I guess everyone is having cabin fever but it is nice to see. Maybe something good will come out of all this craziness. 

• Like 3

Heavy Week 

Jump Rope 2 minutes 

1x15 band face pulls 

8/6/3/6 Trap bar deadlift 200/230/240/220#

3x12 Standing Calf Raises 

1x20' Suitcase Carry