• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Snarkyfishguts

Snarkyfishguts Remembers and Moves Forward

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I'm off to the allergist! I will return with a full report on how it goes! 🥰😓

 

Good luck! I hope it all goes well x

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, deftona said:

 

Good luck! I hope it all goes well x

 

IT DID GO WELL

 

 

So I got a scratch test on my arm and I am allergic to NONE of the things they scratched me with.  I need to get some bloodwork to test for mango allergies, and then I go back next week to get one more set of tests done. The allergist suspects that I have sensitivities and am easily irritated (insert all the jokes) but not truly allergic to anything. Except that time I got systemic poison ivy.  But we ruled out a ton of stuff today. He basically said we're covering the bases and gathering information. 

 

afterwards, I went out to lunch with my sister in law and we met at the restaurant. It was a really nice time, and we agreed we needed to do stuff like that more often. She said "I rarely think to break out of my routine" and I said "SAME. And then we do something like this, and it's so much fun." and she said "I have trouble initiating stuff like this." So I said "I'll call you then" and she just beamed like "You get it." and I said "I don't like going to other people's houses. It's really hard." and she totally got that too.  

we each have our weird stuff. 

 

CHALLENGE report!

I didn't snack today! I didn't have a big appetite today, and was full easily. I think nerves played a part here.

I DID exercise for 30 minutes! Fitness Boxing is fun. It breaks it down into ten minute increments and while it starts slow, the second half zips by and I'm like we're onto the next ten minutes? WOW!" But I need a break so tomorrow is going to be ring fit adventure and Dance Party 2020 BECAUSE....

Stretching happened. My back is Sore and Stiff, and none of the stretches I'm doing seem to help. I end up laying on the floor with my knees up so my spine lays flat and that helps a little, but if anyone knows a good back stretch, please do share. Especially the middle back area. 

GERMAN DONE. I didn't want to do this at all today. And I don't think I retained a damn thing. I just couldn't focus. But I did it, and you know, maybe tomorrow will be more effective for remembering.

 

I'm gonna take a warm bath and see if that helps. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

 

IT DID GO WELL

 

 

So I got a scratch test on my arm and I am allergic to NONE of the things they scratched me with.  I need to get some bloodwork to test for mango allergies, and then I go back next week to get one more set of tests done. The allergist suspects that I have sensitivities and am easily irritated (insert all the jokes) but not truly allergic to anything. Except that time I got systemic poison ivy.  But we ruled out a ton of stuff today. He basically said we're covering the bases and gathering information. 

 

afterwards, I went out to lunch with my sister in law and we met at the restaurant. It was a really nice time, and we agreed we needed to do stuff like that more often. She said "I rarely think to break out of my routine" and I said "SAME. And then we do something like this, and it's so much fun." and she said "I have trouble initiating stuff like this." So I said "I'll call you then" and she just beamed like "You get it." and I said "I don't like going to other people's houses. It's really hard." and she totally got that too.  

we each have our weird stuff. 

 

CHALLENGE report!

I didn't snack today! I didn't have a big appetite today, and was full easily. I think nerves played a part here.

I DID exercise for 30 minutes! Fitness Boxing is fun. It breaks it down into ten minute increments and while it starts slow, the second half zips by and I'm like we're onto the next ten minutes? WOW!" But I need a break so tomorrow is going to be ring fit adventure and Dance Party 2020 BECAUSE....

Stretching happened. My back is Sore and Stiff, and none of the stretches I'm doing seem to help. I end up laying on the floor with my knees up so my spine lays flat and that helps a little, but if anyone knows a good back stretch, please do share. Especially the middle back area. 

GERMAN DONE. I didn't want to do this at all today. And I don't think I retained a damn thing. I just couldn't focus. But I did it, and you know, maybe tomorrow will be more effective for remembering.

 

I'm gonna take a warm bath and see if that helps. 

Wpot, woot! Yay for doneness!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today was a good day!

 

I got some bloodwork done, and ran errands, where I decided to replace my shrieking hairdryer with a new one. I tested the new one and it practically purrs compared to the banshee I've been using.

 

I stretched today! 

I also didn't snack!  

 

aaaaaand that was it. Honestly, my guts hurt. I've been on a bad cooking streak!  I think I'm just going to eat some soup and sandwiches for a couple days. Maybe a salad. And just leave cooking for Future Me when this cooking curse is lifted :D 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MIGRAINE!  OH IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

 

If life was an RPG, the Migraine sends a fae down to strip me of all my Skills, so I just struggle with simple stuff. And then BOOM. Migraine. I'm currently holding it back with Excedrin and rage :D

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 1:34 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

IT DID GO WELL

So glad to hear it! The allergist really seems to know what he's talking about

 

21 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

MIGRAINE!  OH IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

 

If life was an RPG, the Migraine sends a fae down to strip me of all my Skills, so I just struggle with simple stuff. And then BOOM. Migraine. I'm currently holding it back with Excedrin and rage :D

 

 

Oh no! I hope you'll feel better soon 💗

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Terah said:

So glad to hear it! The allergist really seems to know what he's talking about

 

Oh no! I hope you'll feel better soon 💗

Thanks! I took a 3 hour nap. That helped a LOT. Now I am cleaning my workspace to keep busy until I can take more Excedrin. I don't normally drink diet soda because of the euphoric brain death, but I may make an exception today! 

 

If I had a band it would totally be called "Euphoric Brain Death"

  • Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry about the migraine :(

 

What she does from 5:50 to 11:00 has always helped me a lot with my back, I don't know if it's in your routine already

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zenLara said:

Sorry about the migraine :(

 

What she does from 5:50 to 11:00 has always helped me a lot with my back, I don't know if it's in your routine already

 

Danke! I am gonna do this tomorrow!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My migraine returned in the middle of the night, probably since I slept through when I shouldve taken more excedrin, oh well. I stayed in bed until noon and it finally is under control!

 

 

WEEK 0 Update

Exercise Five days a week- 2/5

stretch daily- 3/7

practice german six days 3/6

no snacking between meals 4/7

 

This was not my best week. But I also started on a tuesday, so I wasnt going to get a perfect score anyway. On the bright side, I have loads of room for improvement.  I didnt gain or lose weight this week.

 

my head hurts again, so I’km signing off. I’m looking forward to feeling better tomorrow and catching up with how everyones week went! 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I woke up this morning and DON'T HAVE A MIGRAINE! YESSSSS, and it's super sunny outside, and the sunshine doesn't cause me any pain, so (rubs hands together) LET'S GET TO WORK!

 

I sat down this morning and made a list for the week. Just of things to get done, meal planning, and I'm stupid-excited about it. I learned last week that I have SO MUCH TIME, so I can really get a lot of stuff done. 

 

Today is errand running day, because the sun is shining So I'll be getting my CHALLENGE goals done this afternoon, because who knows how long this beautiful sunshine will last and I need to get OUT and SUNSHINE.

 

See you this evening! 💙

 

 

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad you're feeling better!

And yes, meal planning is the best :)

(I'm extra lazy, I mean efficient: I have my groceries delivered most of the time ;) )

 

Enjoy the sunshine! Please send some of it here, I'm getting sick and tired of all the rain and hail...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Terah said:

So glad you're feeling better!

And yes, meal planning is the best :)

(I'm extra lazy, I mean efficient: I have my groceries delivered most of the time ;) )

 

Enjoy the sunshine! Please send some of it here, I'm getting sick and tired of all the rain and hail...

I will send you the sunshine~ IT's so LOVELY, I went for a walk today and opened up some windows! 40F which is (googling) 4.4 C  so you can imagine how nice that felt with the sun.

 

When I worked in Res Life, people would just show up all the time at my door and I'd never really know what to expect. And sometimes maintenance would let themselves in (hello, illegal much?) So I have a strong "GET OFF MY LAWN" reaction to the idea of anyone coming to my house. I mean, I made an effort to get to know the people who deliver packages, and I don't even get pizza delivered. I pick it up at the pizza shop. This may be something I cover in therapy later LOL!

il_fullxfull.923324646_nyf9.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OKAY UPDATE:

 

I went for a walk in the sunshine with only a light jacket on. It felt so warm in the sunshine! I ran into the Grumpy Man who I LOVE because he's grouchy, but he's also really nice. I have a soft spot for warm-hearted grouches. 

 

I recycled my printer (yay!) and decided to hold off buying another. I bought some shirts on sale! I got three shirts and they were all less than ten dollars so I'm really happy with that. AND THEY WERE A SIZE SMALLER! 1x instead of 2x. So I'm super pumped. They did have

 

I didn't go to the grocery store, because screw that noise! I'll go later this week. 

 

German-done! Today I learned "Ich sprechen nur ein bisschen Deutsch"

Stretching-Done!

What else? OH! Exercise! Done! 30 minutes walking

No snacking... nope! I totally snacked! I ate peanut m&ms while I was out. oops!

 

Honestly it's been a great day so far, and it's only going to keep going this way now that I'm at home! 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I exercised, stretched and Germaned. 

 

I woke up early, and got a LOT done today. I kinda like getting everything done before noon. Now I feel like "Ooh what shall I do now?" and I think I'll just work. That was the plan in the first place. Get all the exercise and life chores done before lunch and then work in the afternoon. Yeah. Good plan.

 

I'm tired of talking. I hope you have a good day! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I injured my knee today while working out. I can put weight on it, but it's very uncomfortable. I'll have to make some adjustments to my exercising while it heals. 

 

(mutters swear words)

  • Sad 3
  • Angry on your Behalf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I injured my knee today while working out. I can put weight on it, but it's very uncomfortable. I'll have to make some adjustments to my exercising while it heals. 

 

(mutters swear words)

 

Oh no! Maybe rest it up completely, you don't want to make it worse?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, deftona said:

 

Oh no! Maybe rest it up completely, you don't want to make it worse?

 You are right. It got worse last night but after resting it overnight it felt a lot better. Did you get some sleep finally?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry about your knee. I guess it's nothing serious?

Aside from that, it looks like you're doing good, and feeling well. All that sunshine can be seen through the energy in your posts :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Sorry about your knee. I guess it's nothing serious?

Aside from that, it looks like you're doing good, and feeling well. All that sunshine can be seen through the energy in your posts :)

Thanks and thanks!

 

Yup, I'm definitely doing well! Yeah the knee is going to be okay after a couple days of rest. I can still do regular chores and stuff, so instead of exercising I'll finally be cleaning my bathroom. Sigh.

 

************

I've been thinking about starting calorie counting again using this terribly-named app called Fatsecret. I hate that name, but the app is nicely designed. I seem to be having trouble sticking to the three meals rule, and it was just supposed to be a simple rule to effectively reduce calories without driving myself insane. So I think I'll temporarily set a calorie goal, and then work out a plan that really works for me.

 

I was awake last night from 1:00AM to 5:30AM.  I did go back to sleep for a couple hours, which is good, so I'm probably sitting on 3 hours of sleep right now. I found my melatonin at five, and it's way too late(early?) to take it, but I think if I can't sleep within 45 minutes tonight, I'll take it.  I just forgot about it. IT really helps with the hormone related insomnia. 

 

Well, I better go clean that damn bathroom. GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Well, I better go clean that damn bathroom. GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE

 

You got this!

 

giphy.gif 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 7:28 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

il_fullxfull.923324646_nyf9.jpg

 

I want one of these for my lawn! Surely, in this age of technology it must be possible...

 

*Pulls out his mad scientist/inventor keyboard and starts typing maniacally*

 

r9ahzy5qr8wz.jpg

  • Haha 1
  • That's Metal 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.