• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Snarkyfishguts

Snarkyfishguts Remembers and Moves Forward

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Terah said:

 

The only right response. Hitting is a sign of weakness and it teaches the kids it's okay to hit someone

It still bothers me. I'm not going back because of this.

 

Peach smoothies! awesome. I'm going to step it up today. I'm just on blueberry!

 

 

2 hours ago, The Hero of Time said:

 

 

Apologies to Flight of the Conchords (sound).

:D :D I loved it though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I dreamed a zombie walked out of my closet and woke up in a panic at 12:45 and haven’t slept since. I did just eat some cereal.  It’s 4:30. I think the house is zombie free. I’m gonna try sleeping... with the light on. Lol

I have those kinds of dreams too.  They are usually the only ones I remember with any clarity.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 15 years ago I had a dream that horrified me. I had to call someone in the middle of the night to pray for me to calm me back down.

 

The dream itself was silly, an old school TOS Klingon was walking around with a phaser strapped to his knee. He kept walking up to the world's superheroes, raising his knee, and vaporizing them. Apparently this gave me existential dread. The only thing that's come close since is a dream where I lost Little Bit more recently. That was actually more scary intellectually, but I was able to calm myself down once I woke up.

 

Dreams are weird. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My nightmares usually involve elevators going all directions instead of just up and down (sometimes ending in hell or the basement of a hospital). 

Zombies sound a lot more scary though 😰

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shello said:

I have those kinds of dreams too.  They are usually the only ones I remember with any clarity.  

It was so sneaky!

1 hour ago, Terah said:

My nightmares usually involve elevators going all directions instead of just up and down (sometimes ending in hell or the basement of a hospital). 

Zombies sound a lot more scary though 😰

Elevators out of control sound scary and basement of hospitals sound terrifying

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The 15 years ago I had a dream that horrified me. I had to call someone in the middle of the night to pray for me to calm me back down.

 

The dream itself was silly, an old school TOS Klingon was walking around with a phaser strapped to his knee. He kept walking up to the world's superheroes, raising his knee, and vaporizing them. Apparently this gave me existential dread. The only thing that's come close since is a dream where I lost Little Bit more recently. That was actually more scary intellectually, but I was able to calm myself down once I woke up.

 

Dreams are weird. 

Dreams are weird! It’s weird what scares us. Like I’m sure my zombie wearing a pink dress was my brain trying to lighten things up but the jump scare was too powerful. I was AWAKE 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is a good day. 

 

I met a stylist today who I love and she fixed up my hair. After I went to the store to buy all the groceries since Mom and Dad are coming home from their winter getaway for a few days. At the store, I had an allergic reaction to the hair products in my hair they used at the salon. But due to my barking cough, all the annoying old people kept their distance, and I sped through the store easily. 😈

 

Cake for lunch in honor of fat Tuesday after my third hair washing today. :D :D I haven't worked out. I'm thinking of taking a 45 minute nap, and then if I feel good after, I want to kick some butt. If I don't, I'll do a double workout tomorrow. I'm staying home tomorrow and all I'm doing is cooking and cleaning. It's going to be really relaxing and the house is gonna get good and stinky. I'm making the best meat sauce with Italian sausage for pasta,  then I'm putting the leftover sausage in the crockpot with chili, while the chili cooks I'm going to make irish vegetable soup, and cook up bacon in the oven. ooh I gotta cook up some beef for tacos too. So I'll have Pasta with Meat Sauce, Chili, Irish soup (with bacon if desired) and tacos.  I have another dish to make over the weekend, but this will get everyone through the weekend while we're all busy baking cakes for my nephew's birthday.

 

I am so excited. I love cooking days. Baking days are just as good. If I have time, I'm going to bake up some onion/olive bread that is so delicious and would be great with the Best Meat Sauce and pasta...

 

It's going to be a good week.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

At the store, I had an allergic reaction to the hair products in my hair they used at the salon. But due to my barking cough, all the annoying old people kept their distance, and I sped through the store easily. 😈

 

This is next level and I am definitely going to try it on those days I least want to "people". 

 

5 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I'm making the best meat sauce with Italian sausage for pasta

 

I had this for dinner tonight! 

 

Enjoy your lovely cooking day! It sounds like it's going to be wonderful and you sound very excited about it :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, deftona said:

 

This is next level and I am definitely going to try it on those days I least want to "people". 

 


 

farting works too!

3 hours ago, deftona said:

I had this for dinner tonight! 

 

Enjoy your lovely cooking day! It sounds like it's going to be wonderful and you sound very excited about it :)🥰

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Today is a good day. 

 

I met a stylist today who I love and she fixed up my hair. After I went to the store to buy all the groceries since Mom and Dad are coming home from their winter getaway for a few days. At the store, I had an allergic reaction to the hair products in my hair they used at the salon. But due to my barking cough, all the annoying old people kept their distance, and I sped through the store easily. 😈

 

Cake for lunch in honor of fat Tuesday after my third hair washing today. :D :D I haven't worked out. I'm thinking of taking a 45 minute nap, and then if I feel good after, I want to kick some butt. If I don't, I'll do a double workout tomorrow. I'm staying home tomorrow and all I'm doing is cooking and cleaning. It's going to be really relaxing and the house is gonna get good and stinky. I'm making the best meat sauce with Italian sausage for pasta,  then I'm putting the leftover sausage in the crockpot with chili, while the chili cooks I'm going to make irish vegetable soup, and cook up bacon in the oven. ooh I gotta cook up some beef for tacos too. So I'll have Pasta with Meat Sauce, Chili, Irish soup (with bacon if desired) and tacos.  I have another dish to make over the weekend, but this will get everyone through the weekend while we're all busy baking cakes for my nephew's birthday.

 

I am so excited. I love cooking days. Baking days are just as good. If I have time, I'm going to bake up some onion/olive bread that is so delicious and would be great with the Best Meat Sauce and pasta...

 

It's going to be a good week.

 

 

 

 

Your cooking day sounds amazing!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reporting in:

 

Today I woke up to my playlist "Move it!" and I cleaned everything upstairs. After that, I cooked breakfast, and made the Best Meat Sauce, which was just okay. I didn't cut up the onions finely enough, so it's kinda chonky. I think I'll use it in my chili, because it definitely isn't saucy.  oh well! 

 

I cleaned the kitchen, the inside of my car and am doing laundry right now. I also exercised and have access to different smoothie flavors in the game. Totally a big deal LOL. 

 

I have to decide if I want to subscribe to Ubisoft to access all the songs on Just Dance or if I'm just going to trade the game in 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TODAY IS SO GREAT!

 

I have finished working out for the day! I took a day off from Ring Fit Adventure because my abs hate me right now :D  So back to fitness boxing, and it felt really good. Challenging, but not like before when I was struggling to get through it. Of course last week, I was swimming with sharks, and not sleeping. Now I feel great, so that makes a big difference. 

 

I made the soup this morning.  IT's so gross looking, but it's SO GOOD. I've altered the recipe quite a bit from the book.  recipe in spoiler

 

Spoiler

 

So 2 small potatoes, or one big one. 

an onion (or two small ones)

3 celery stalks, with the stringy bits removed (the worst part of the whole thing)

4 small carrots, or two big ones.

two parsnips

two tbsp of butter or bacon fat

mace, thyme, basil, and any other seasonings that appeal you at the moment, but those are my go tos. Amount depends on fresh or not.

1.7 liters of chicken stock OR 2 packages of 32 oz 

1 cup of brown lentils (I sometimes use green ones)

 

So you stick all your spices in a cheesecloth. I use a coffee filter, it works really well too. Tie it up tight.

Melt fat in your pot. (I like dutch ovens for this) stick your spice ball in there. 

Dump all the vegetables in the pot and stir until they are coated in the butter.

Now Dump in the lentils and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 45 minutes.

Remove from heat and blend the ingredients together. You can use a blender but you'll need to separate it into 2-3 batches and it's very hot so be careful. Or you can steal your mom's immersion blender and use that (I seriously need one of those)

 

An optional thing to do is to add some milk and cream. I think the recipe called for 1/4 cup milk and 2 tbsp of cream. If you do that, you need to boil the soup again and then let it simmer for about 10 minutes. I don't add the dairy to it, I find it adds little to the soup, and I like it better without it. 

 

 

I've been getting a lot done today, and now it's time to make lunch which will be the pasta dish I didn't eat last night, and then SHOWER before I get ready to pick up my folks from the airport. This is the part where I tell myself that I'm not responsible for whatever mood they are in and that I'm perfectly okay being me. Yes I am. :D 

 

Okay, you beauties. I'll catch up with your threads after my shower! I hope you are having a great day!

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, my folks are home, and so far, it's been fine! They have taken over my car. Which I don't really mind. MY mom is going to the grocery store which means I don't have to. YAY!

 

I worked out this morning. Mom wants to do some fitness boxing this afternoon, which I think is a great idea!

 

Now that the sharks are out of these waters, I'm going back to no snacking between meals. I've decided when the sharks come back, I'm going to utilize the snack box by deffy and have planned meals and snacks. Also, planned activities to get me through the "Everything is over and my life is ruined forever." feels. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I worked out twice today. Once this morning with mom with fitness boxing, and later this afternoon with ring fit adventure. 

 

I made Chili from Leftovers. I used the leftover sausage, the leftover "Best Meat Sauce" that was too chunky, leftover taco meat, leftover tomatoes from tacos, and a couple cans of beans. Voila. Added some chili powder and I have made an amazing chili that I'm not sure I can ever make again. LOL

 

We celebrated the oldest nephew's birthday yesterday. He was absolutely surprised my folks came up for his birthday, since they've missed it for the last few years. He was thrilled. He has really been disappointed when they weren't able to come before, but he's always put on a happy face and said "No, I understand" and so they came up just for him and my mom baked him a cake, and shut up I'm gonna cry from all the feel goods. 

 

Tomorrow is a rest day. I'm sitting here typing and my arms are shaking. But I really do feel better. I don't need to take advil after workouts anymore, and I'm sleeping better without melatonin, and I feel better throughout the day. So that's all good stuff. I'm not losing weight, but I'm more compact, and I have more energy. And the allergy medication has been really helpful too in sleeping better and just breathing. my nose isn't nearly so runny all the time. :) so what do we have? Three more weeks? eh? Bring it.

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Once this morning with mom with fitness boxing

How cool of her to try. Did she enjoy?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, zenLara said:

How cool of her to try. Did she enjoy?

She loves it. She did it before she left for Florida and almost bought her own switch so she could do it!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2020 at 5:28 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

So back to fitness boxing

Is that the boxing game for the switch? I've been thinking of getting that one. How do you like it?

 

On 2/26/2020 at 9:07 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I have to decide if I want to subscribe to Ubisoft to access all the songs on Just Dance or if I'm just going to trade the game in

I have the subscription, and think it's worth it. But it depends on how much you use it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Terah said:

Is that the boxing game for the switch? I've been thinking of getting that one. How do you like it?

I love it! It's really satisfying. It starts off a little slow, but then it picks up a bit and you're swinging, weaving, stepping. I like hitting imaginary things :) 

 

Quote

I have the subscription, and think it's worth it. But it depends on how much you use it. 

I don't use it a lot at all. but I am going to get a  3 month  Year subscription and then I'll decide. The weather is too unpredictable and I like the peppy dance moves

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I like hitting imaginary things

Haha, that does sounds like fun! 

 

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

don't use it a lot at all. but I am going to get a  3 month  Year subscription and then I'll decide. The weather is too unpredictable and I like the peppy dance moves

It's  cheap enough to get the year one. And it sure is fun :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Terah said:

Haha, that does sounds like fun! 

 

It's  cheap enough to get the year one. And it sure is fun :D

Whatever trainer you get in fitness boxing, they all say “boom boom boom BOOM” as you punch sometimes and its very satisfying. Lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was a rest day. My muscles needed the break. 

 

My brother and nephews came to visit, and my brother was going to cook and forgot. So I ended up doubling the recipe for my sausage pasta dish, and all the adults liked it. My youngest nephew only liked the pasta, and my oldest nephew wouldn't even eat it. I love my nephew but I wasn't happy that he wouldn't even try this delicious dish that I made. 

 

Deep breaths.

 

Today I went for a 30 minute walk, and after getting the Just Dance Subscription, I tried out some dances for about 10 minutes. It was hard today. I'm tired, and my muscles aren't sore anymore, but they felt tired. So I didn't push it. I think I'll punch more things tomorrow BOOM BOOM!  It's still a good day.  I'm looking forward to a quiet evening with my book. :) 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Whatever trainer you get in fitness boxing, they all say “boom boom boom BOOM” as you punch sometimes and its very satisfying. Lol

Allright you convinced me, tomorrow  I will fake box before the tv :D

 

20 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

So I ended up doubling the recipe for my sausage pasta dish, and all the adults liked it. My youngest nephew only liked the pasta, and my oldest nephew wouldn't even eat it. I love my nephew but I wasn't happy that he wouldn't even try this delicious dish that I made. 

For kids food can be a source of power. Just the idea of being able to refuse it can make kids feel good. So don't take it personally, it's just kids being kids.

Personally I have put a lot of effort in making my kids eat whatever is put in front of them, but most kids don't have that type of commando training ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Terah said:

 

For kids food can be a source of power. Just the idea of being able to refuse it can make kids feel good. So don't take it personally, it's just kids being kids.

 


he is 17. Its not really about power anymore as much as it is rude in my opinion. I know he has some sensitivity to texture, but he’ll eat spaghetti. He eats eggplant parmesan. He eats macaroni and cheese. So the fact he wont eat my spaghetti with a different sauce is just insulting and rude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:


he is 17. Its not really about power anymore as much as it is rude in my opinion. I know he has some sensitivity to texture, but he’ll eat spaghetti. He eats eggplant parmesan. He eats macaroni and cheese. So the fact he wont eat my spaghetti with a different sauce is just insulting and rude. 

Yes, that is rude. I thought they were a lot younger. 

Let him cook the next meal and refuse to eat it yourself ;) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.