• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snarkyfishguts

Snarkyfishguts Remembers and Moves Forward

19 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I think I'll punch more things tomorrow

The fitness center on campus has two standing heavy bags. Some days, punches aren't even part of my workout plan, but it feels great to just hammer away on those things when I need to get some negative energy out. Good on you for keeping your head about you while your family was there. Family visits can be stressful.

You're doing really well. I'm proud of you.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Terah said:

Yes, that is rude. I thought they were a lot younger. 

Let him cook the next meal and refuse to eat it yourself ;) 

YEAH! Thanks for letting me express my anger and hurt. I’m not  mad about it now. Its his loss for missing out on this deliciousness. And I have leftovers for me!

Nomnomnomnom

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

26 minutes ago, WolfDreamer said:

The fitness center on campus has two standing heavy bags. Some days, punches aren't even part of my workout plan, but it feels great to just hammer away on those things when I need to get some negative energy out. Good on you for keeping your head about you while your family was there. Family visits can be stressful.

You're doing really well. I'm proud of you.

Thanks! I really needed to hear this today. I appreciate you!

I'm taking a mental health day today. I drove my folks to the airport, and I was sad to see them go, even though I'm seeing them again in three weeks, and then I'll be complaining about how they never go away :)  I came home and played Dragon Quest Builders all day. like 6 hours straight. my butt is numb. But I didn't snack between meals because you can't really eat and play videogames at the same time. I can't.  

This has not been an effective challenge for me. My family tells me they see progress in my appearance, and they are really encouraging me. But my head just isn't in this one. Does it need to be? I mean, I just need to do it, it's not always going to be this mighty moment where I feel really good after. Maybe that's the real problem. The novelty has worn off, and now I'm just doing it because that's what I need to do to stay healthy. yeah.

:P 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

The novelty has worn off, and now I'm just doing it because that's what I need to do to stay healthy. yeah.

Maybe you could give yourself a reward if you score above a certain threshold in the challenge. Something better than a squashed tomato... maybe a Detective Pikachu plushie (do they sell those?). That sort of thing has worked for me in the past.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Hero of Time said:

Maybe you could give yourself a reward if you score above a certain threshold in the challenge. Something better than a squashed tomato... maybe a Detective Pikachu plushie (do they sell those?). That sort of thing has worked for me in the past.

He is so very fluffy 😍

YOUR SYSTEM BATTERY IS LOW. WOULD YOU LIKE TO BEGIN INTROVERT RECHARGE?

>yes

INITIATING INTROVERT RECHARGING PROTOCOL:

BUBBLE BATH SEQUENCE ACTIVATED

OPENING RELAXING MUSIC FILES

NOTIFICATIONS AND VERBAL CODES OFFLINE

SYSTEM UPDATE TO "SOCIAL" REQUIRES RESTART. DO YOU WANT TO UPDATE SYSTEM?

>yes

SETTING TO "SLEEP MODE" FOR 1 HOUR.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Not quite ready to be a part of society again, but I'm meeting my brother and my cousin to see Emma tonight, and I'm not really excited about it. The only part I'm really excited about is Miranda Hart playing Miss Bates. :D  BUT it's a good social outing. And I won't really need to go out again for a few days thanks to the magic that is packaged foods. I fully intend to avoid people for a while. The weather is going to be nice tomorrow and I think it sounds like a great excuse to pick up all the sticks in the backyard and burn them. Maybe I'll pick up some kielbasa on the way home. :) 

Possibilities. I like it.

• Like 3

On 3/4/2020 at 10:23 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

now I'm just doing it because that's what I need to do to stay healthy

Isn't that all that we need to strive for? Looks like you're going strong still :) 

Also: the boxing game for the switch is so much fun :D Thanks for the recommendation 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terah said:

Isn't that all that we need to strive for? Looks like you're going strong still :) 

Also: the boxing game for the switch is so much fun :D Thanks for the recommendation 

oh I'm really glad you are enjoying the game! I'm going to play today and get some more levels in Ring Fit. I can feel my back muscles craving the exercise. 

I think you're right in that's all we need to strive for. It's reason enough, and will probably sustain me more than any other reason I can make up!

• Like 1

So Emma was disappointing, but also really good. But also really disappointing.  There were too many clothes and not enough supporting characters. 

It was colder than expected. The sun was out, which was great, but it wasn't warm. It was really cold.  I didn't really know what to do with myself today. I'm a little lost again, and I need to just show up tomorrow and do the things. But it's hard. 

I don't want to dwell or talk about it too much. It just kinda fuels the feelings. I think I'll just say goodnight. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I didn't really know what to do with myself today. I'm a little lost again, and I need to just show up tomorrow and do the things. But it's hard. 

It is hard. But hopefully if you keep showing up and doing the things you will forget it was ever temporarily hard until it is again. <4 

• Thanks 1

That's too bad that Emma was disappointing. It is actually one of my favorite Jane Austen books.It's been forever since I read it though.Maybe I should just re read it instead of watching the movie

• Like 1

7 hours ago, deftona said:

It is hard. But hopefully if you keep showing up and doing the things you will forget it was ever temporarily hard until it is again. <4 

Thanks <4

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

That's too bad that Emma was disappointing. It is actually one of my favorite Jane Austen books.It's been forever since I read it though.Maybe I should just re read it instead of watching the movie

It's one of my mine too. I really like Persuasion as well and would love to see a remake of it. 

My brother has no Austen experience and enjoyed the movie a lot. My cousin and I were ambivalent. Bill Nighy was an excellent Mr. Woodhouse, I loved Harriet Smith, and Miranda Hart was a charming Miss Bates. And this Knightley does a great job yelling at Emma.But the dialogue was often spoken by the wrong character and sometimes is reworded in a way that fails the characters. I wouldn't say "Don't see it" but I would say "Don't pay full price, maybe a matinee or a rental?"

• Like 1

I have decided on a reward system for showing up and working out. 

Each day that I meet my exercise goals, I'll give myself a dollar. After about 35 days, I'm going to buy a set of hiking poles to tackle the more challenging rocky trails that I love so much. Actually, I need to pick out the hiking poles. I may need more days. But I think I can get a good set for about 35. 

I'm out of toilet paper so off to the store I go! Hopefully there is still some there-apparently people are in a panic and stocking up like it's the zombie apocalypse out there. Hmm... maybe I'll buy a couple extra frozen pizzas, just in case :D 

• Like 6

I went walking in the sunshine!  And i walked for a few hundred feet with a neighbor who was with her dog, and she walks twice as fast as me.  NEW GOAL, get to “keep up with the nice neighbor and her dog” pace. 

The store was not crowded, i got there before the after church crowd, hallelujah! After church crowds are MEAN Because they are hungry!  My store is not in a total panic, its at level 1 sold out of hand sanitizer panic. Which means I have toilet paper!

I had a bad allergic reaction to a new bra. I washed it before wearing it, and it fit well. I was like “yay! And then the itching and burning and nausea happened and I ended up taking my bra off in the car on the way home to take some benadryl. I went online and found one other woman who had a reaction to the bra lining. So weird! My boobs are still healing. Poisonous bras, so weird.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

had a bad allergic reaction to a new bra. I washed it before wearing it, and it fit well. I was like “yay! And then the itching and burning and nausea happened and I ended up taking my bra off in the car on the way home to take some benadryl. I went online and found one other woman who had a reaction to the bra lining. So weird! My boobs are still healing. Poisonous bras, so weird.

Urgh underwear discomfort is the worst thing in the world, right? I bought a new lingerie set and the bra was fine but the pants somehow gravitate into a wedgie every time I wear them. What's with that...

Do you know what it is the caused the discomfort? Is it the fabric or do the seams sit in a place that irritate your booby bits?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deftona said:

Urgh underwear discomfort is the worst thing in the world, right? I bought a new lingerie set and the bra was fine but the pants somehow gravitate into a wedgie every time I wear them. What's with that...

Do you know what it is the caused the discomfort? Is it the fabric or do the seams sit in a place that irritate your booby bits?

Definitely the fabric! There is a softer lining in the band that I especially had a strong reaction too. Whatever is in that lining, I'm going to try to figure it out today. 

Wedgies are no fun. Also, pants that keep moving  halfway down your bum so you have this weird stripe across your backside and it's like "Oh yes, I totally wanted plumber pants under my trousers!"

• Like 1

I walked a mile today, socialized with neighbors and then hid in my yard behind yard work so I didn't have to talk anymore..all in all i was  out for and hour and a half, and I earned my dollar. I may go out again later, but its definitely full of allergens out there. Even with my medicine, I was coughing badly, and I’m sure my neighbors think I have the C.Virus. 

not really. 

okay, so my plan is this. I am going to clock my time around the neighborhood for one loop, and then try to catch the fast walker and clock HER time so I know what to aim for!  I may just ask her too. it is a new game for me! 

• Like 2

I walked 1.5 miles today, and did ringfit adventure, defeating the Evil Draugo for on more battle. I clocked a half mile loop at 9 minutes 30 seconds, so I'm averaging a 19 minute mile.  It is about 15 degrees cooler, and damp. Now I can't get warm. I have my sweatshirt and thick socks on, and I really am thinking about putting on a scarf. It was a good walk though, it felt easier. I need some more peppy pop tunes though and recommendations are welcome!  

I ended up going back to bed for a couple hours. and it was really nice to get some more sleep. I feel really lucky that I work from home so I can go to bed after the time changes. 

Last night I was reading The Wandering Inn, and y'know, it's not really a happy story. A lot of fantasy books can be super depressing now that I think about it.  So I'm taking a break from that and other videogames that aren't fitness-related, and bringing out some of my crafty hobbies and dusting off my ukulele. I need to actively bring more cheer and comfort into my life and stop contributing to depressive feelings. :) 

I ended up making burgers last night, and they were just okay. What are your favorite burger recipes?

• Like 3

I took my measurements today and got weighed. Because it's ovulation day and those things seemed very, very important to me. 

My waist measured 47 inches and my hips measured 51 inches. And I weigh 275 pounds. My perception of myself was that I weighed ten pounds less, and was at least two inches smaller all around than that. 

So I wasn't ready to take charge of my eating habits at the beginning of this challenge, but I'm ready now. Definitely. Tomorrow I'm going to clean out the fridge, and buy some fresh produce. And I'm going to up my exercise game a little. I did that today and y'know, I needed a nap, but I recovered pretty well. :) 

So here's the plan

3 meals a day and a snack. Every meal should have a vegetable or fruit in it.

Walk every day it's nice enough. Dance Party on the yucky days

Fitness Boxing and Ring Fit Adventure 4-5 days a week. 

Stretch it out daily.

Eventually, I'll get into weights, but right now, I'm just at "ChonkyButt" level so this is good.

Chonky…:D  :D :D:D

• Like 5

Hehehe I love the word Chonky! 

What helps me is to track all calories and work out my calories burned from my fitbit and work out on a spreadsheet how much weight I should have lost by using the maths and although I do weigh in, I take this predicted weight from the MATHS! as how well I am progressing because I can't control whether my body drops weight or not, or what it does with those calories. I can only control how much I am eating and how much I am burning, and it really gets me through times like this week when I have gained 1.5 lbs for no apparent reason when I should have lost 2. 

I appreciate this is a bit overkill and your usual style is to be less anal about everything and that works too - do whatever works for you. I think my point is not to get discouraged because bodies can be tricksy asshats and if you keep up the good work, it will work in the end. 

Your waist measurement and weight only means anything as a starting point for progress from a strictly scientific point of view though. It has no bearing on your worth, attractiveness, badassery or anything else because it doesn't matter what a scale or tape measure says, you'll always have the most beautiful and kind eyes I have ever seen ❤️ 

• Like 1