• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snarkyfishguts

Snarkyfishguts Remembers and Moves Forward

Total dollars earned: 7

I finally started to relax last night. I watched Picard and drank a beer and tried to remember to soften my face. Not worrying about my parents has been a huge elephant off my shoulders.  I'm making a lot of progress cleaning the house, and I'm thinking about temporarily putting away some of my table decorations for easier cleaning and disinfecting for the next month. 

My pharmacy keeps texting that I have a prescription ready, but I think I am going to have another one Thursday after my appointment, so I want to limit my going out to one day this week. Since the pharmacy is in my grocery store, this will be a good chance to get some ice cream too, hopefully. :D 

Today I'm cleaning for a little bit, and maybe baking cookies. I'd like to start reading a book or doing a crafty thing as well. AND I need to earn another dollar. I can get to ten dollars by the end of the challenge. That will be nice. :D 

• Like 3

I seriously hope you'll be fine with medications, because a root canal work is not nice. But still, that's like 10 times the price here!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zenLara said:

I seriously hope you'll be fine with medications, because a root canal work is not nice. But still, that's like 10 times the price here!

Thanks! They cancelled all my appointments, and I got the antibiotics that I wanted in the first place and some yogurt. All that cost me 15 dollars. YAY! I'll have to go in next month or sooner if the antibiotics don't help, but I'm hoping this is it, and I'm just happy not to be out of the money just yet. 

It IS expensive. I'm not happy about it, but that's also just a part of living here. It would be awesome if it was cheaper! I hope one day we get a point where people can get medical attention and not worry about bills. At least I'm luckier than some. 😕 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Total dollars earned: 7

Well done, you.

23 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I watched Picard

Social-distancing is a great excuse to binge-watch Picard. I'm waiting for the first season to finish so I can binge-watch the whole thing. Is it as good as you'd hoped?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Hero of Time said:

Well done, you.

Social-distancing is a great excuse to binge-watch Picard. I'm waiting for the first season to finish so I can binge-watch the whole thing. Is it as good as you'd hoped?

I like the series. I think you'll find binge watching a more satisfying experience than seeing it week by week as I have. Like with discovery, the first few episodes are slow, then it gets really interesting. This won't be so bad when binge watching. I think the only reason CBS is releasing episodes weekly is they know a lot of people only have all Access for Star Trek, and if they released the episodes all at once people would watch everything in a week and cancel their subscriptions.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I like the series. I think you'll find binge watching a more satisfying experience than seeing it week by week as I have. Like with discovery, the first few episodes are slow, then it gets really interesting. This won't be so bad when binge watching. I think the only reason CBS is releasing episodes weekly is they know a lot of people only have all Access for Star Trek, and if they released the episodes all at once people would watch everything in a week and cancel their subscriptions.

I agree with Tank!

• Like 1

I woke up and felt better. The antibiotics are already working on my infection in my root canal, the feeling of pressure is gone, and the hot spot has cooled off a lot. And the feeling of dread in my chest comes and goes, but it's no longer constant. 

I practiced German today. I know I'm not going on my trip anymore, but I'm going to keep practicing until I can remember the basic courtesies on my own. 

I also practiced the ukulele and the piano today.  I'm new to the uke, but I used to play the piano a lot, making up songs, and just playing out my feelings a lot. It was really good for me to play today, I could just find the notes to express myself, and I had forgotten that this was my emotional language. I'm not a great player, and I definitely need to keep practicing, but it makes me content.

I'm just going to clean today. I might try to earn a dollar later, but right now, I just want to clean EVERYTHING. ALL THE THINGS!! :D :D 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I woke up and felt better. The antibiotics are already working on my infection in my root canal, the feeling of pressure is gone, and the hot spot has cooled off a lot. And the feeling of dread in my chest comes and goes, but it's no longer constant. 

Glad to hear this. Toothache is one of the worst pains. I had to go through one infection once without any pain killers or anything and on the third day I thought I was going to kill somebody, kill myself, or just go completely nuts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zenLara said:

Glad to hear this. Toothache is one of the worst pains. I had to go through one infection once without any pain killers or anything and on the third day I thought I was going to kill somebody, kill myself, or just go completely nuts.

I absolutely agree with you. Over the last week I have said many thanks to the higher powers that be that this tooth was already root canaled so that I never had to experience the full brunt of what it might've felt in another tooth!

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Like... discovery

I'm sold!

I thoroughly enjoyed Discovery. Really enjoyed the departure from traditional Trek. Not that I wouldn't quite happily binge-watch the whole of TNG right now.

Great to see new life breathed into the franchise from ViacomCBS. If only Paramount would continue to do the same for the Kelvin timeline.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Hero of Time said:

If only Paramount would continue to do the same for the Kelvin timeline.

There are a lot of factors preventing that. The Kelvin timeline hasn't been as well received, and I must confess I'm one of the ones who doesn't care for it. After the first movie I couldn't bring myself to watch the other two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

There are a lot of factors preventing that. The Kelvin timeline hasn't been as well received, and I must confess I'm one of the ones who doesn't care for it. After the first movie I couldn't bring myself to watch the other two.

I liked the first two, but didn't care for the third at all. It just felt sloppy with the writing. I'd like to see them on some new adventures, but I'm not sure where'd they'd go from here. How many times can they crash the ship?

• Like 1

I forgot to take my allergy pill last night, so I woke up coughing and feeling lousy, and I thought "OH NO!" until I remembered I needed to take my pill. So I take it in the morning now :) 

Cleaning the house has been a comfort. The handyman hasn't returned my call, so it's time to call Roto-Rooter to replace my toilet seal. I've been putting it off because I worry about having someone in my house. What if they have the virus? What if I have the virus? But, I can call, get this fixed, and then return to total-lockdown mode, which is the least stressful. 

There's a rumour that domestic flights will be cancelled in a few days, and I hope that isn't true. I want to get to Florida so my folks and I can drive home. They can handle the trip on their own, but seeing them will put me at ease. Even though once they are home, you KNOW I'm going to complain about my dad sneezing and not properly covering his mouth,  or how they are underfoot all the time. I just want them here. 

I'm just spinning my wheels now, so it's time to sign off and keep cleaning. Maybe punch things in fitness boxing too! Have a healthy day!

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

21 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I liked the first two, but didn't care for the third at all. It just felt sloppy with the writing. I'd like to see them on some new adventures, but I'm not sure where'd they'd go from here. How many times can they crash the ship?

I realize the Kelvin Timeline films came in for criticism over the fact they weren't as contemplative as traditional Trek, but they did pretty well at the box office for Trek films. I too, liked the first two, the second almost as much as the first. I agree about the third. Handing over the writing duties to Simon Pegg just didn't seem to work out. The main purpose of the story seemed to be to give Scotty an inflated role.

The idea of handing the Trek reins to Tarantino fills me with dread, but I do hope that the film series doesn't just die in the water.

21 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Even though once they are home, you KNOW I'm going to complain about my dad sneezing and not properly covering his mouth,  or how they are underfoot all the time. I just want them here.

Ah, the dichotomy of family...

• Like 2

There is a nap in my future today. 

Yesterday, the plumber was supposed to arrive, so I cleaned while I waited for him where I could hear the doorbell. Some parts of the house still need cleaned, and others are spotless. :D But the plumber rescheduled for this morning and is not yet here. 

I had a weird feeling it was time to check in on my uncle which I never do. Same uncle that brought cockroaches into our house. Uncle Cockroach. So he talked to me about how he has a gun on his person at all times, and was grilling chicken. And then he told me about his dating life, how he STARTED SMOKING, and that he was working from home. I said “You are a grown man and if you want to smoke, that’s up to you. I can’t judge you, but I am asking you to think about quitting. You’re putting yourself at higher risk if you get sick”

And he said he wouldn’t quit. So I have a lot of swear words about him. I’m glad I called, but also ARGH!

Then my mother calls and leaves a voicemail and a text. The beaches in Florida are closing, the gym is getting crowded and she says in this tone that is both frightened and brave “I think I’ve pushed my luck here, and I want to come home”. So I made the mistake of booking my flight, and canceling my old flight, when I should’ve called to CHANGE my flight. So I ate some money. Luckily for me flights are cheaper now. I’m trying to decide if I should call Delta or just let it go. My brother is driving me to the airport, and instead of dinner at a restaurant, I’m paying him in coffee and toilet paper, which is my favorite part of the whole thing! I fly out tomorrow, we’ll pack and clean up the apartment Sunday and drive straight back on Monday. If we get done earlier, we’ll just drive on Sunday. 

When this is all over, I’m going to a National Park somewhere and will hike to a high point and take photos of beautiful views. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, The Hero of Time said:

The idea of handing the Trek reins to Tarantino fills me with dread, but I do hope that the film series doesn't just die in the water.

WAIT, WHAT?! 😨

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

WAIT, WHAT?! 😨

Tarantino pitched an idea for a sequel to Beyond that J.J. Abrams apparently liked. I like Tarantino films but I just don't think he's a good fit for Trek. I mean, what are we gonna get? Pulp Science Fiction? Kill Bill Shatner?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hero of Time said:

Tarantino pitched an idea for a sequel to Beyond that J.J. Abrams apparently liked. I like Tarantino films but I just don't think he's a good fit for Trek. I mean, what are we gonna get? Pulp Science Fiction? Kill Bill Shatner?

I am NOT a fan of Tarantino. 

hehehe Kill Bill Shatner. that's good

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Hero of Time said:

• Haha 3

WE ARE HOME

Starting this adventure in a two-week self-quarantine. I flew down to Florida Saturday, and the airports were surprisingly empty until I landed in Florida. Then it was stuffed with people and spring breakers. It’s insane. People are just out and about down there. While some people are taking the pandemic seriously, a lot of people aren’t. I'll post pictures eventually. 

We walked along the empty beach (all public beaches were closed)  but they were started to become populated, so we walked back to the apartment and finished packing up the car. I went to bed early and we woke up at 3am, put the rest of the stuff in the car and drove home for 17 hours. We stopped only when we had to pee really badly, and even then you saw people with gloves and masks. A woman huddled over her children and they ran to their car. In Pennsylvania, the welcome center was barricaded and all rest stops were closed but truckers could park and get some rest. Mom and I took turns driving and she finished the drive home when I started hallucinating shadows of dogs running next to the car.

But we did it! Now we’re home, showered, our clothes are getting clean, and we’re not leaving the house for two weeks at least just in case we picked it up somewhere.  

I’m so tired.  

NEW CHALLENGE TIME!

• Like 2

On 3/20/2020 at 11:20 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Where do you find this stuff!

Tarantino's definitely the wrong guy for the job. Unless... Reservoir Tribbles... that I might watch. 😉

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Hallucinations do generally mean it's time to stop driving.

This usually happens between West Virginia and Pennsylvania. There aren't a lot of places to stop close to the border, and we usually switch at the welcome center, but since it was barricaded, I was stuck driving for a while longer than intended. 😕 

• Sad 1