Jean fights defensively

Jean

2 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Looking forward to it :) 

They're going to be pretty bare and present a notable lack of pictures, though. Not sure how fun reading them will be, they'll mostly serve as a way for me to keep going at it even though, some days, I won't want to.

I'm even dropping displaying the date to keep it utterly simple.

1. Register all my worked hours before leaving work. ✖️ (Funnily enough, the software bugged and I couldn't do it even though I wanted to.)
  2. Deliberately walk at least 5' a day. ✔️
  3. Go to the vineyard and/or go for a real hike at the very least once a week.
  4. Update this challenge daily, come hell or high water. ✔️

• Like 2

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

1. Register all my worked hours before leaving work. ✖️ (I've been called by a neighbor because their cat was stuck on my balcony and went home to free the beast (which had already fred itself from the 10m high balcony...) without registering my hours. This is starting to look like a pattern and excuses, I'll have to watch it carefully.)
  • Like 2

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

On 2/27/2020 at 2:23 AM, Jean said:

Change of order, decluttering canceled.

Priorities:

1. Register all my worked hours before leaving work.
  2. Deliberately walk at least 5' a day.
  4. Update this challenge daily, come hell or high water.

These are my new metrics. No more focusing on other things when I've defined specific goals. I'm going after that, screw everything else.

Yes, FOCUS! Not that I don't love a good declutter, but priorities.

• Like 3

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

3. Go to the vineyard and/or go for a real hike at the very least once a week. ✔️  (vineyard)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jean said:
  3. Go to the vineyard and/or go for a real hike at the very least once a week. ✔️  (vineyard)

good job brother! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

Things are being kind of a blur, right now, which is kinda funny as I'm realizing that happiness derives from very few needs fulfilled, for me. I don't know why I'm keeping this overly complex machinery working on the surface of my life* when I could tone it down several bits and enjoy life even more.

*Truth be known, I know why I do: fear of jumping into the unknown to find a less paid more relaxing job somewhere in the mountains probably somewhere else.

3. Go to the vineyard and/or go for a real hike at the very least once a week. ✔️  (did it yesterday)

Some music to set the right tone: Alliance - We overcome

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jean said:

*Truth be known, I know why I do: fear of jumping into the unknown to find a less paid more relaxing job somewhere in the mountains probably somewhere else.

Can you make it not unknown? As in, decide where you want to go, and then look for ways to make that happen, and start making a plan?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

You mean, like, for example, go hiking in the different places where I could want to live, make a stop at the local pub on the way back and get a feeling of the area and the people who live there?

I don't know what blows my mind more: the thought of it (thanks a lot!) or the fact that I hadn't thought about it earlier...

• Like 4

You mean, like, for example, go hiking in the different places where I could want to live, make a stop at the local pub on the way back and get a feeling of the area and the people who live there?

I don't know what blows my mind more: the thought of it (thanks a lot!) or the fact that I hadn't thought about it earlier...

Doooooo it! That’s a fantastic battle plan
  • Like 2

Level 75 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

2 hours ago, Jean said:

Yes, for example. That sounds like a great plan. :) 

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

7 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Can you make it not unknown? As in, decide where you want to go, and then look for ways to make that happen, and start making a plan?

Woo, such a good remark!

2 hours ago, Jean said:

Makes me want to start chanting "do it, do it, do it!" :) 

• Like 2

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

1. Register all my worked hours before leaving work. ✖️ (would you believe it? A VPN deficiency made the software unavailable to me yesterday. It's still starting to look like excuses but I'm not going to scour the Earth in search of a solution when I have other things to do).
  4. Update this challenge daily, come hell or high water. ✔️ (I'm a bit late but I'll count it anyway).

So, I'm rapidly falling off track on pretty easy targets. Let's see what I'll be able to muster today.

• Like 2

I've registered a small win today but the pieces keep moving. I'd hope for this game to slow down and let me figure out the bits that'd lead me to real happiness rather than just be re- and proacting on the fence.

Anyway:

1. Register all my worked hours before leaving work. ✔️ (You read it right, folks! It's weird to think of it as a big win but I guess it registers as such. The VPN isn't fixed yet, I've just changed office to dodge the issue).
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jean said:

Register all my worked hours before leaving work. ✔️ (You read it right, folks! It's weird to think of it as a big win but I guess it registers as such. The VPN isn't fixed yet, I've just changed office to dodge the issue).

It absolutely is a big win! 

Will you need to change office every tie you need to register your hours, because of the VPN? That sounds inconvenient.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

5 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

Will you need to change office every tie you need to register your hours, because of the VPN? That sounds inconvenient.

It is, but IT is coming tomorrow. Hopefully they'll get it sorted.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 4:59 AM, Jean said:

So, I'm rapidly falling off track on pretty easy targets. Let's see what I'll be able to muster today.

The old games used to up the difficulty by upping simple things like speed or the amount of pixel-shaped objects distracting you from your main objective, didn't they?

Sounds like your easy targets are nevertheless being played on 'difficult' mode. Go team! 

• Like 1

Battle log

12 hours ago, analoggirl said:

speed

Spot on analogy! Thanks for the insight.

1. Register all my worked hours before leaving work. ✔️
  • Like 2

Problem: I'm mostly spent comes Thursdays but Thursdays and Fridays are usually the days where I can take time to plan and do the things that require I spend lump amounts of time on them. It's linked with the fact that I burn too quickly during the first three days of the week and put too much energy in those hours, that I don't get back comes the end of the week. This means I also don't get back time for myself once I'm consumed because when it comes to my salary, one hour is one hour no matter the productivity I put in it.

I'll get back on your remark on my battlelog later, @Tobbe, it's a very important train of thoughts to develop.

Also, man! My internet connection at work was crippled by some ancient piece of gear. It's been replaced and boy does it make a hell of a difference!

• Like 3

4. Update this challenge daily, come hell or high water. ✔️ (I'm late once again but will still count it. Another point of focus will have to be my morning and evening rituals when I get further into this.)
  • Like 4

On 2/27/2020 at 7:28 PM, Jean said:

They're going to be pretty bare and present a notable lack of pictures, though. Not sure how fun reading them will be, they'll mostly serve as a way for me to keep going at it even though, some days, I won't want to.

I'm even dropping displaying the date to keep it utterly simple.

It's been fun to read :)

• Thanks 1

Battle log

3 hours ago, analoggirl said:

It's been fun to read :)

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Seems like I'm still gathering green light clues indicating I am handling things right. Green and Red seem to go on a dance together, I wonder how much of it is just in my head.

3. Go to the vineyard and/or go for a real hike at the very least once a week. ✔️ (Vineyard. I'm planning on going for a small hike tomorrow)

I feel like I need a plan if I want to keep on going without letting life pass me by. I'm adding the morning ritual to the checklist starting tomorrow.

Morning ritual

Wake up

Put water to boil

Brush my teeth while the water gets ready

Prepare some (herbal) tea

Take a hot bath while drinking tea

Get ready for the day/work

This should get me to spend time unconnected with the action, letting things sink in and my mind coming with a solution.

As a bonus, this is meant to be enjoyable, so I'll allow myself to browse the tea aisle of the shops I go in and come out with everything that strikes my fancy. Time to get my learn on and discover what I like and what effect it has on me.

I'm also giving myself a pat on the back for having taken my lunch break early yesterday after feeling my stomach aching (my bet is I had drunk too much coffee + was dealing with a fair amount of stress), taken a nap, eaten something and drunk water and tea to make it pass. It had vanished when I got back to work in the afternoon so that's a win for taking charge of myself, and for herbal tea.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

On 3/7/2020 at 7:33 PM, Jean said:

I'm planning on going for a small hike tomorrow

The hike didn't happen. I went back to the vineyard instead. There's work to do there that's turning late. I'll focus on it for the time being and go hiking when it's all done.

3. Go to the vineyard and/or go for a real hike at the very least once a week. ✔️
  4. Morning ritual. ✔️
  5. Update this challenge daily, come hell or high water. ✔️ 
  • Like 3

1.  Register all my worked hours before leaving work. ✔️
  3. Go to the vineyard and/or go for a real hike at the very least once a week. ✔️
  4. Morning ritual. ✔️
  5. Update this challenge daily, come hell or high water. ✖️  (Let's be honest, it's tomorrow and I could have updated it in time. I only choose to read forum threads instead, so this is a miss.)
  • Like 2

I'm still pretty confused. Yesterday was a long and big day (I think I've scored a few important points) so I was pretty tired today. The morning was pretty productive but my after lunch nap turned out into a "I'll rather take the afternoon off" scenario, which means I've not consolidated what should have been done (make a few phone calls and sent a few e-mails to put the right people in the loop).

This sure feels like fighting defensively: things are building under the surface for some sort of good scenario later on but right now, it's roll up your sleeves and trust your vision time. I need to build momentum, apparently, it's happening.

1.  Register all my worked hours before leaving work. ✖️ (Nope, I left this morning without registering my hours and didn't go back in the afternoon. I'll have to do it first thing tomorrow.)
  4. Morning ritual. ✔️ (Not sure what to think of it right now, there doesn't seem to be a lot of benefits to it for the time being but it's way too early to evaluate what it's truly bringing me.)
  5. Update this challenge daily, come hell or high water. ✔️
  • Like 3