Sara Kingdom's Valentine's Day Casanunda Challenge

sarakingdom

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Our local Grocery store chain put out a video about how good their supply chain is, and that people don't need to panic buy. It probably won't work, but they tried.

People's only frame of reference is hurricanes. In no other country is it impossible to buy things. Also, do you know how easy it is to get Amazon to send you a six month supply of toilet paper? Yeesh.

I think it's mostly the need to feel there's something you can do. And there is, but that's not it.

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

6 hours ago, Kishi said:

Right? "A little crisis and they panic."

Ice cream, man. Even if you accept it's one of the four basic food groups, I can't imagine a store totally wiped out.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

On 3/14/2020 at 7:23 PM, sarakingdom said:

Ice cream, man. Even if you accept it's one of the four basic food groups, I can't imagine a store totally wiped out.

Give them a couple days and they'll restock. After a week people will figure out that they can still go to the store, they still have power, they still have internet. They also will have all that food they panic-bought. Except maybe the beer. If my household is any indication of wider trends, there is a lot of stress drinking going on.  So the grocery stores will calm down.

How are you holding up in the devastating lack of ice cream?

• Like 2

Level 53  Viking paladin

My current challenge    Battle log 

18 hours ago, Mistr said:

Give them a couple days and they'll restock. After a week people will figure out that they can still go to the store, they still have power, they still have internet. They also will have all that food they panic-bought.

This is exactly what happened here.  There was a bit of panic buying for about a week, and then the next week we still had full shelves and people kind of figured out that they don't need to hoard stuff

• Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

This is exactly what happened here.  There was a bit of panic buying for about a week, and then the next week we still had full shelves and people kind of figured out that they don't need to hoard stuff

Yeah, hurricanes and snow storms are a bad frame of reference for what's going on here.

Still. Ice cream.

22 hours ago, Mistr said:

If my household is any indication of wider trends, there is a lot of stress drinking going on.

I'm sure. I haven't yet, but it's nice to know it's an option.

22 hours ago, Mistr said:

How are you holding up in the devastating lack of ice cream?

Macaroni and cheese. Which is also off-diet, but if there were ever a time...

• Like 4

Okay, it's time to pull it together. Week 5. Rufus Drumknott, I'm coming for you. Even if I did just get sent hard-mode.

This does involve a certain priority reshuffle. But what people who put Drumknott on their beginner list fail to appreciate is that the guy is Drumknotting at an elite level. Priorities change. Good organization does not.

• Like 3

Week 5 supplementary list

Done

1. Engage normal day mode
  2. Eat food
  3. Hydrate - 2 pints
  4. Take meds
  5. Check that getting groceries wouldn't displace any higher-priority stuff going on
  6. Make a preliminary grocery list
  7. Make a preliminary job list
  8. Make a preliminary food prepping plan for the possibility of illness
  9. Water the plants. They're thirsty.
  10. Rest responsibly
  11. Order groceries for batch cooking
  12. Locate containers for storing prepped food (14 small, 7 large)
  13. Make a pot of coffee
  14. Queue up podcasts
  15. Collect any trash and recycling
  16. Wash the dishes
  17. Check that the robot is charged and the floor is clear
  18. Make dinner
  19. Scrub the sink

In progress

1. Organize the cleaning supplies
  2. Wash all bathroom and kitchen linens, pajamas, bedding,  anything worn once
  3. Organize toiletries
  4. Put all my plague supplies into an organized plague kit

Not done

1. Change into fresh work clothes after taking stuff out
  2. Organize cupboard 1
  3. Organize cupboard 2
  4. Scrub the counters
  5. Vacuum (well, make the robot servant vacuum)
  6. Mop the floor
  7. Fold laundry and file the clothes
  8. File the papers
  9. Scrub the tub
  10. Scrub the sink
  11. Scrub the bathroom counter
  12. Sanitize the food prep area
  13. Fold and file that shit
  14. Find a box to put inside clothes in, for changing out of outside clothes when I come home from the plague pits
  15. Make a sign to remind myself that delivery boxes and bags do not come into the house
  16. In fact, let's move and reorganize the landing strip to adapt to its new biohazard checkpoint role

Then

1. Mop the floor again later in the day like I really mean it
  2. Empty the vacuum. Run it again.
  3. Look for other things to scrub
  4. Look for things that can't be scrubbed.
  5. Consider scrubbing things again
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, juliebarkley said:

You have more scrubbing on that list than I have done in my entire life.

Probably same, which is why there's currently so much on that list.

2 hours ago, Mistr said:

That is an extremely extensive cleaning list. Are you just being cautious, or do you have reason to suspect prior viral contamination?

Neither, really. It's overdue anyway and hasn't been getting done in small chunks. This seemed like a good way to destress from weekend planning efforts by getting at least that under control.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sarakingdom said:

Neither, really. It's overdue anyway and hasn't been getting done in small chunks. This seemed like a good way to destress from weekend planning efforts by getting at least that under control.

We have been taking advantage of the suddenly available extra time and to do some long needed deep spring cleaning

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

19 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

We have been taking advantage of the suddenly available extra time and to do some long needed deep spring cleaning

I'm kind of wanting to do the same thing myself. I keep staring at all those boxes taking up my space and I'm like "... yo."

• Like 2

I'm fortunate in that my plan for the next challenge fits these modern apocalypse times well.

Except, apparently, for the days of burning rage. I'll need to find a way to work with that.

• Like 2

Okay, I know how to update my next challenge for rage.

And there will be rage.

Right now, I'm so full of rage that I'm going to need to get my job list organized so that I have more time for rage.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Right now, I'm so full of rage that I'm going to need to get my job list organized so that I have more time for rage.

Unless I am misunderstanding, this sounds like it might be bad, or at least very stressful. Please take good care of yourself. :) 

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27

6 hours ago, Teirin said:

You ok?  

All good in every practical way. No worries.

• Like 2

Week 5 Day 5 --> Week 0 Day -2

On the subject of Lord Rust:

"A sense of duty told [Vimes] there was an officer waiting to see him. He overruled it. It was not in possession of all the facts."

This challenge was set up six weeks ago, very much before... things. I'm overruling it. It is not in possession of all the facts.

I'm starting my next challenge a few days early, to be migrated to the new forums when they appear. It's time to do the job that's in front of me.

• Like 3