Scalyfreak levels up for real

Scaly Freak

1 hour ago, Jupiter said:

Oh, I might need to look into getting one of these, they sound awesome. 

The biggest benefit to them is that you have a large number of dumbbells taking up a very small amount of space. But right now, I am so very grateful to have them. 

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

13 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

The biggest benefit to them is that you have a large number of dumbbells taking up a very small amount of space. But right now, I am so very grateful to have them. 

That is definitely a plus. I have a very small "gym space" so something like this would be nice to have. 

Dude! The Space Oddity cover was just fantastic.

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Challenge summary and final report:

1. Do not buy any kinds of sweets to use as work snacks.

I fell back into the habit of snacking on sweets after my birthday, and even more after the firestorm meltdown of a week or so ago. I was doing well before then, and switching to working form home has made this goal a lot easier to meet. 

2. Reading in the evenings must involve a paper book.

I have figured out how to make paper books easy to read in the evenings but stopped trying when I realized that none of the paper books available to me are the kind of lighthearted reads I need to keep myself in a good mind space right now.  This goal was suspended last week.

3. Continue what worked last challenge: Lifting and Meditation

I lifted more last night, and will lift again tomorrow. I'm experimenting with various exercises and weights, with the goal of having a dumbbell program for myself before the end of Week 0 of next challenge. Daily meditation has continued and will continue.

See you next challenge!

• Like 9

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

42 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

I have figured out how to make paper books easy to read in the evenings but stopped trying when I realized that none of the paper books available to me are the kind of lighthearted reads I need to keep myself in a good mind space right now.  This goal was suspended last week.

Fair enough. I'm glad you did lifting and that your meditation is going strong.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist

Looks like you've built yourself a sturdy body of habits and are expanding upon it. Keep doing great and adapting to the changes in situation.

• Like 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

New challenge!

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021