• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Quirky Quinn

QQ 2020-2

So, so far I've done 4 of these, I joined the forums back in September last year and I'm still finding my feet a little.  

The thing that I think has kept me coming back is the warm welcome, solid advice and general positive atmosphere around the place that I genuinely think is so rare on the internet.  The forums are like a sanctuary from all the division and bleakness in the wider world.

Anyhow, I had my first "difficult challenge" last time round.  I was busy at work alhough not always very productive.  I slacked on my set fitness goals.  I had pockets on consistency that didn't last and I lacked motivatiion.  

This challenge will be about getting back some of the consistency that is required in order to progress:

See the source image

• Like 3

So this challenge;

1.   Get out of the house and excercise 3x per week minimum (excluding footbal)
    •  This means that aside ontop of football training on a Wednesday and a game on a Saturday, which kind of are required activities, I need to get out and exercise 3x per week.
    •   I worked out last challenege that it's not easy for me to plan workouts at home for various reasons, so getting out the house will be the trigger.
  2.  Discipline with food
    •  I've always said that in order to attain a "functionally fit body" I will need to lose weight but I've never prioritised this.  I think I'm now at a point where I need to mindfully eat better in order to make that next gear change in weight loss so this challenege will focus on food discipline.
    •  Practically this means no snacking, three good meals per day, focusing on cleaning up dinner and watching thoise desserts!
  3.  Get started
    •  Whever at work or at home, when there is a task to be done once I'm started I'm pretty good at getting finished.  However I'm terrible at getting started.  
    •  I will spend some time at the end of the work day planning my next day and coming in and starting a task will be the trigger to be more productive
    •  At home I'll create a list of things that need to be done around the house and just get started with them.
  4.  Be creative
    •  I've been a little agitated at home recently and I think it's because I'm a consumer at home.  I watch TV, listen to audiobooks, play computer games, play with my daughter etc. etc.  I don't create at all.  I think this needs to be recitified.
    •  I am not a creative person in the traditional artsy type way and I think that I will have to think about what this creativity could be but I have some ideas and hope to flesh them out over the course of this challenge.
    • Again, getting started willbe the key to moving forward here!

So a pretty standard set of challenge goals that you've all seen a million times before but the classics are classics for a reason!  

Image result for get out and exercise gif

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Salinger said:

What a cute gif!!!!

Good luck, i know you will be amazing in this challenge. Following along of course xx

Thanks Sal,

I am aiming for consistency, hopefully that's not consistenty bad!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TGP said:

the never-ending fight.

"motivation"

you said it succinctly.

Following!

Hey TGP,

Always good to have you along, I hope you can help me win that fight this challenge!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Interested in your ideas for creativity. I'm not an artsy type person, but I want to create more things too.

I know, I find it really difficult to get into any sort of creative project and having ranger brain often for me means that I have these grand ideas that don't get beyond idea stage before I move onto the next one.  

I've been thinking about the type of content I consume and thinking about ways to explore these areas in a more creative way, because that is where my interests obviously lie.

I have a couple of ideas but not any actions yet - that is the key step!

• Like 1

Monday

The cold of doom is still lingering around the familial home but has dispersed enough for me to not have any more excuses about being committed to this challenge so yesterday I put on my big boy pants and headed into the office determined to have a good day.

It worked!  

I had my list of objectives scribbled down, opened my large black book and started crossing shit off, no dilly dallying, no quick chats, just ultimate productive shit gets done day and shit got done.  I also managed to stand for a good portion of the day and got out for a quick walk in the wind, which was bracing.

I ate well, with no snacking and healthyish choices at meal times we had tomato soup for dinner which was pretty awesome and also a clear excuse for bread products to be consumed.  I also had three chocolate hobnobs for dessert, stopping at three chocolate hobnobs is a victory for will over greed akin to the Tunes Squad victory over the Monstars in Space Jam!

After LQ had gone to bed I went for a run along the canal, 5k in 29m57s which considering I am coming off the back of a cold I was OK with.

I got home and settled infront of the TV with MrsQ to watch another episode of Good Omens which is turning into a pretty good series actually and then it was an earlyish night.

A solid start and I'm looking for a similarly committed day today - I'm off toget shit done!

• Like 4

On 2/10/2020 at 4:37 AM, Quirky Quinn said:

was busy at work alhough not always very productive.  I slacked on my set fitness goals.  I had pockets on consistency that didn't last and I lacked motivatiion.  

I know these feels

Following along!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Salinger said:

Excellent day QQ!!! GETTING SHIT DONE is great isnt it :) xx

I think there is geninuely no better feeling than getting in bed after a busy day and knowing you've kicked the crap out of it!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Quirky Quinn said:

I think there is geninuely no better feeling than getting in bed after a busy day and knowing you've kicked the crap out of it!

Yes especially if you were able to have a bath just before bed ❤️ x

• Like 1

Tuesday

Runnning was accomplished again yesterday, standard 5k down the canal side.  I feel like I took it fairly easy, but again; getting out , building the habit and battling the apathy were the important thing.  Time was 29m59s and it was running just after tea...

Talking of tea, never let a four year old decide what tea is going to be!  We had nothing in for our evening meal last night and MrsQ stopped at the shop with LQ on their way home from School to grab some bits.  LQ was allowed to choose what tea was going to be so we ended up with Sausage roll, potato waffles and beans!  Carb fest and very few nutrients, but I wasn't complaining too much, it was ace and like being a student again.  Didn't help my run time at all though!

She also picked dessert which was a unicorn tthemed Icecream (of course it was).  I felt obilged to have one of course!

Work was good again, my todo list was completed, I did forget to write up todays list but not to worry I spent some time this morning pulling that together.

No active creative time but some more thoughts and idea generation.  We'll see how far I get with this one.. I need to schedule some time for it..

Yesterdays listening was The National - Sleep Well Beast.  Which I think is my favourite The National album!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Quirky Quinn said:

LQ was allowed to choose what tea was going to be so we ended up with Sausage roll, potato waffles and beans!

34 minutes ago, Quirky Quinn said:

She also picked dessert which was a unicorn tthemed Icecream (of course it was).

LQ knows whatsup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doctorake said:

I just looked up what a sausage roll is, OMG that looks good. LQ knows whats up

A world where you have to look up Sausage Roll is a sad world indeed!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/10/2020 at 3:37 AM, Quirky Quinn said:

The thing that I think has kept me coming back is the warm welcome, solid advice and general positive atmosphere around the place that I genuinely think is so rare on the internet.  The forums are like a sanctuary from all the division and bleakness in the wider world.

Anyhow, I had my first "difficult challenge" last time round.  I was busy at work alhough not always very productive.  I slacked on my set fitness goals.  I had pockets on consistency that didn't last and I lacked motivatiion. 

The NF forums totally are a sanctuary.  This is the safest safe place you could find anywhere on the internet.

I've had like two years of difficult challenges 🤣 so be proud of yourself for holding strong and coming back to more!

• Like 1

Man, what a day!  I’ve had a busy one so only just getting round to writing up yesterday now!

Wednesday

Wednesday was pretty good, I put my to do list together in the morning when I got to the office because I’d foirgotten on Tuesday evening but that was fine because I knew what had to be on there.  I wrote it down and got cracking on crossing them off again.  A few meetings in there broke the day up but I had a nice and productive day getting most of the list finished.  I need to bottle the feeling of finishing work after being nice and productive because its so much better than wasted days..

I got home and MrsQ is still feeling the cold that had plagued her last week so she went and got an early night, I made tea for LQ and I and we had a Chicken pesto pasta salad which was very nice and much more nutrient rich than the previous nights beige fest!  For dessert LQ finished off the unicorn ice cream and I had a small terry chocolate orange bar because organogenesis chocolate for the win!

After bath and bed I stuck on the computer as I tend to do when I have a night in by myself (MrsQ would not surface from bed until around 11pm before retiring again at 12 and sleeping through!  I played for an hour or so KOTOR 2 which I haven’t played before despite loving the original KOTOR game so I’m enjoying the retro xbox graphics and fighting styles!

I then went for a run, making my usual 5k route in 28m31s, I felt good during the run and pleased with the time also.  My run music was “Men’s needs, women’s needs Whatever” by The Cribs which is easily in my top 10 albums of all time and finishing my run to “Be Safe” was euphoric!

I got in and showered and jumped back on the computer, at this point I realised I’d jumped into consume mode automatically when it was prime time to work on creative endeavours.  I kicked myself for it but didn’t do anything about it and went to bed around 11 after a fun night of KOTOR2!

• Like 1