• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

zenLara

Going on an adventure!

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That also sounds good! It’s actually a good thing if your back muscles are joining in, though ideally ofcourse it shouldn’t bother you..

I'm glad to hear that because it seemed impossible to relax them while using the other ones 😅

 

9 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I'm learning so much about abs today thanks to you!

I didn't even know transverse ones existed until yesterday, that's how bad it is.

 

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Oh hey, I found you.  Following along now :) 

Welcome!

  • Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm feeling ridiculously frustrated today. I had this idea of buying a new sketchbook, to keep all the drawings I'll do following Dodson's book. Whatever the progress, I would like to have it all in one place. So my walk today was to the mall, to the only place here I could buy one. They had only one brand, terrible quality, vanilla coloured paper. So I didn't buy it, and got extremely frustrated, way too much for what it really is about. Came back home and just wanted to lay down and cry. Didn't cry, but felt like shit for a long while, and it made me angry that I were feeling that way for such a stupid thing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zenLara said:

I'm feeling ridiculously frustrated today. I had this idea of buying a new sketchbook, to keep all the drawings I'll do following Dodson's book. Whatever the progress, I would like to have it all in one place. So my walk today was to the mall, to the only place here I could buy one. They had only one brand, terrible quality, vanilla coloured paper. So I didn't buy it, and got extremely frustrated, way too much for what it really is about. Came back home and just wanted to lay down and cry. Didn't cry, but felt like shit for a long while, and it made me angry that I were feeling that way for such a stupid thing.

That stinks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Runs in.

 

Makes joke about hormonal raging pregnant lady.

 

Runs out before said lady throws a flute in my eyeball.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zenLara said:

I'm feeling ridiculously frustrated today. I had this idea of buying a new sketchbook, to keep all the drawings I'll do following Dodson's book. Whatever the progress, I would like to have it all in one place. So my walk today was to the mall, to the only place here I could buy one. They had only one brand, terrible quality, vanilla coloured paper. So I didn't buy it, and got extremely frustrated, way too much for what it really is about. Came back home and just wanted to lay down and cry. Didn't cry, but felt like shit for a long while, and it made me angry that I were feeling that way for such a stupid thing.

 

You were upset because it was something you were looking forward to, and you had high expectations. But you were let down. That's not a stupid thing. Sure, you may have overreacted, but your upset was justified.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, zenLara said:

I'm feeling ridiculously frustrated today. I had this idea of buying a new sketchbook, to keep all the drawings I'll do following Dodson's book. Whatever the progress, I would like to have it all in one place. So my walk today was to the mall, to the only place here I could buy one. They had only one brand, terrible quality, vanilla coloured paper. So I didn't buy it, and got extremely frustrated, way too much for what it really is about. Came back home and just wanted to lay down and cry. Didn't cry, but felt like shit for a long while, and it made me angry that I were feeling that way for such a stupid thing.

 

I would recommend that you journal this experience out to process your feelings but apparently you live in a wasteland where no has any decent paper, and as someone who went to three different stores for a specific notebook, I am here to tell you that it's not a stupid thing. You were looking for a creative and emotional outlet, excited to get started and the one place you hoped would help you had shitty vanilla paper. Frustration is human. I'm glad you shared with us about it.

 

Do you have access to another store via automotive or is this a job for the internet?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Runs in.

 

Makes joke about hormonal raging pregnant lady.

 

Runs out before said lady throws a flute in my eyeball.

What I always told my wife while she was pregnant (provided she speculated about hormones, I knew better than to ever bring it up myself) was, The hormones may have intensified the emotions, but you'd still have the same emotions in any case. Therefore, even if you felt them more strongly than normal, they are still valid.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zenLara said:

I'm feeling ridiculously frustrated today. I had this idea of buying a new sketchbook, to keep all the drawings I'll do following Dodson's book. Whatever the progress, I would like to have it all in one place. So my walk today was to the mall, to the only place here I could buy one. They had only one brand, terrible quality, vanilla coloured paper. So I didn't buy it, and got extremely frustrated, way too much for what it really is about. Came back home and just wanted to lay down and cry. Didn't cry, but felt like shit for a long while, and it made me angry that I were feeling that way for such a stupid thing.

Ohh yea, better get used to it :P

Tank is right though, it's just that emotions get larger. It's definitely a thing to be upset about anyway. Getting angry over the large feelings is.. well.. you're gonna get real angry :P

 

30 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

(provided she speculated about hormones, I knew better than to ever bring it up myself)

Smart man.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Runs in.

 

Makes joke about hormonal raging pregnant lady.

 

Runs out before said lady throws a flute in my eyeball.

Ha. Ha.

😝

 

13 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I would recommend that you journal this experience out to process your feelings but apparently you live in a wasteland where no has any decent paper, and as someone who went to three different stores for a specific notebook, I am here to tell you that it's not a stupid thing. You were looking for a creative and emotional outlet, excited to get started and the one place you hoped would help you had shitty vanilla paper. Frustration is human. I'm glad you shared with us about it.

 

Do you have access to another store via automotive or is this a job for the internet?

I drove to next town in the afternoon, to a store I remembered had great choice of sketchbooks, but I found myself in front of the very same brand and nothing else. Asked one of the girls, she said they had discontinued the whole thing because they were not selling much. So I guess it's time for the internet to come to my rescue. The pity is I was so eager to start this weekend.

Thanks. I was feeling silly about the whole thing, but your comment made me feel really understood.

 

10 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Ohh yea, better get used to it :P

Tank is right though, it's just that emotions get larger. It's definitely a thing to be upset about anyway. Getting angry over the large feelings is.. well.. you're gonna get real angry :P

 

Really? :(  I was having such a stable time I was starting to think it was a myth.

 

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

(provided she speculated about hormones, I knew better than to ever bring it up myself)

This made me laugh. Really. You're a wise man :D

 

Thank you everybody for the comments. I felt silly even about writing about it here and it helped to see that you understood.

Today is much better. I still don't have the sketchbook, but feelings are back to normal.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can guess it wasn't a good day.

 

Goal #1

There was sugar. There was pizza. There was bread. I'll leave it here.

 

Goal #2

No yoga, but a good hour and a half of brisk walking.

 

Goal #3

Nope.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, annyshay said:

Don't let a few off days get you down.

This! I need to remember that having a couple of tough days doesn't mean I'm not going to have any good ones again.

 

Goal #1

Good day here. Day began with a good eggs breakfast like in the old times, and then we spent most of the day at my in-laws, where I was able to eat like a grown up. There was bread at the table, but I didn't feel like eating any. Forgot vits at home.

 

Goal #2

No yoga, I prefered to save that time to have a good breakfast. Not much walking either, maybe half an hour.

 

Goal #3

Read for about an hour, while everybody else was taking a nap and I didn't feel like to. Also did a sketch of my feet.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, zenLara said:

Really? :(  I was having such a stable time I was starting to think it was a myth.

 

It's definitely not a myth, but everyone is different. With some luck this was an exception and you'll be mostly stable :) My sister was super stable during her pregnancy, more so than usual even :D

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KB Girl said:

It's definitely not a myth, but everyone is different. With some luck this was an exception and you'll be mostly stable :) My sister was super stable during her pregnancy, more so than usual even :D

In my case, I've seen my anxiety levels go down to almost nothing, and I'm enjoying one of the most calm periods I've had in some time, that's why I was thinking it was just some of those things that's been repeated over time with no reason. I'm a bit more of a believer now :D

 

6 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

so so sooooooo hyped for your pregnancy, squeeeeeeeee

 

and so excited to follow your adventures again 🤗

Welcome and thanks!

What are you up to?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zenLara said:

In my case, I've seen my anxiety levels go down to almost nothing, and I'm enjoying one of the most calm periods I've had in some time, that's why I was thinking it was just some of those things that's been repeated over time with no reason. I'm a bit more of a believer now :D

 

That is so cool! So you're going through a very happy time all in all, how wonderful ❤️ 

 

2 hours ago, zenLara said:

 

Welcome and thanks!

What are you up to?

 

ah, not much yet, but I'm sneakily creeping back in :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on your baby-growing adventure!

 

To add to a couple of topics I’ve seen—

 

I empathize on the 1st trimester. I was sleeping upwards 16 hours a day and lost 10lbs from to morning sickness. I spent the 2nd trimester trying to get my strength back.

 

I had some hormone induced rage in the first few weeks, but after that my moods stabilized. My partner says that although he knows I didn’t really love pregnancy (particularly the 1st trimester), he thinks it was the period of time he’s seen me the most emotionally stable. So I think it varies per pregnancy.

 

You’re doing great ^_^

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ann of Vries said:

Congratulations on your baby-growing adventure!

 

To add to a couple of topics I’ve seen—

 

I empathize on the 1st trimester. I was sleeping upwards 16 hours a day and lost 10lbs from to morning sickness. I spent the 2nd trimester trying to get my strength back.

 

I had some hormone induced rage in the first few weeks, but after that my moods stabilized. My partner says that although he knows I didn’t really love pregnancy (particularly the 1st trimester), he thinks it was the period of time he’s seen me the most emotionally stable. So I think it varies per pregnancy.

 

You’re doing great ^_^

Hi! Thank you!

Compared to yours, my first trimester was a breeze, and still I feel that now I'm going to have to fight to get my energy back. I'm better but I still don't feel like myself.

 

You all guys, can't imagine what it means to have this support here, of which I don't have much irl. Aside from my boyfriend, who is wonderful, the other people around are being, let's say, not very useful, mostly trying to scare me about what's ahead of me, or pressuring me to do things their way. It arrived to a point I didn't want to talk about my pregnancy with anyone, I was feeling so swamped I wasn't enjoying it anymore. It's working better since I've put some distance with these people.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zenLara said:

You all guys, can't imagine what it means to have this support here, of which I don't have much irl. Aside from my boyfriend, who is wonderful, the other people around are being, let's say, not very useful, mostly trying to scare me about what's ahead of me, or pressuring me to do things their way. It arrived to a point I didn't want to talk about my pregnancy with anyone, they were making me feel so swamped I wasn't enjoying it anymore. It's working better since I've put some distance with these people.

Sorry people are being unhelpful idiots. 

 

Glad we can support you. *hugs*

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goal #1

Some bread, but not much, and some slightly sweetened cereal. Not bad, given that I've been hungry and there wasn't much at home to choose.

 

Goal #2

Very good. Did some yoga after waking up, and then walked in the country for about 40 minutes. I also did some interval running (total running time about 10 minutes). It felt good, although last round was tough. I'm quite proud.

Did some posture exercises, I seem to have lost the feeling of activation of the transverse abs.

A bit disappointed with the info I found regarding pregnancy movement from Bowman. On one side, she says things like yoga, running, tennis, and others are not specific for what a pregnancy and birth labor are, and that you need exercises that are designed to recover the mobility and posture needed for this period. But then, the only things she mentions are squatting and walking.

 

Goal #3

Read a little while, and made a couple of drawings of my hand. I had more trouble than other days.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st week recap.

 

Goal #1

Not bad at all. Took vits and supplements 4 times. I ate bread twice, and there was some sugar involved everyday, but it is already less than last week, and way less than the past month. I will try to be nice to myself this next week and just try to keep it like this, not pressuring myself to do "better".

 

Goal #2

Did my before breakfast yoga only 3 times a week, not good, not bad, and walked about 6 hours and half, plus 10 minutes of running. That's almost 1 hour a day, which is a very good start. I'll try to go up a little bit this week.

I've been quite aware of my posture, and have been working on getting a better alignment to carry baby's weight properly and not hurt my back. I don't know if this could also help to avoid swelling in my legs and feet (which I don't have by now).

Also, most of my time sitting at home is on the floor now. I kneel (with feet tucked or untucked), I squat, or I just sit but change to different postures frequently. I have even convinced my boyfriend to have some of our meals in the low coffe table (he doesn't really like it, but is doing it for me) to avoid conventional sitting as much as I can. It gets more difficult at work, but I try to stand now and then and when I need to use the toilet I go to the farthest one in the building to move my legs a bit.

 

Goal #3

Not bad at all! I've started a new book, made a few sketches, had a sketchbook crisis, and even worked with Norninar one morning. I also played my flute a couple of times (which is not part of the goal), but it's still too hard to do for more than 10-15 minutes.

 

I have a sense of accomplishment after this week. I haven't let things overwhelm me like these previous days. I accept I can't keep the same level of activity I had before I was pregnant, but I'm ready to do the best I can.

 

image.thumb.png.693fadfb29281e1d48083670c789027c.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, zenLara said:

A bit disappointed with the info I found regarding pregnancy movement from Bowman. On one side, she says things like yoga, running, tennis, and others are not specific for what a pregnancy and birth labor are, and that you need exercises that are designed to recover the mobility and posture needed for this period. But then, the only things she mentions are squatting and walking.

Have you checked out the diastasis recti book? I think there's quite a bit of stuff there.

 

25 minutes ago, zenLara said:

I accept I can't keep the same level of activity I had before I was pregnant, but I'm ready to do the best I can.

Might as well accept it now because you're in for quite a ride. :D You're doing great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zenLara said:

You all guys, can't imagine what it means to have this support here, of which I don't have much irl. Aside from my boyfriend, who is wonderful, the other people around are being, let's say, not very useful, mostly trying to scare me about what's ahead of me, or pressuring me to do things their way. It arrived to a point I didn't want to talk about my pregnancy with anyone, I was feeling so swamped I wasn't enjoying it anymore. It's working better since I've put some distance with these people.

 

There’s something about pregnancy and babies that make people suddenly think you are public property and removes all filters, it’s bizarre and I can only imagine it has something to do with cave man survival brain that we don’t actually need anymore. I even find myself unconsciously reaching out to touch pregnant lady bellies even though I know it’s totally wrong. (I do manage to stop myself, but not until my hand is awkwardly hanging out in mid air). I found a lot of support here, too, especially in the early newborn months when I was a sleep deprived hormonal basket case and had people in real life on me about everything and of course I was “doing it all wrong” and I just didn’t know how to cope. My liberating moment was when I decided that I was going to trust myself do it my way. Enting is a loving, strapping toddler now, so I can’t have messed up that badly :P And people have largely stopped telling me what to do, so apparently that aura-of-impulsive-unwanted-advice/horror stories/touching does wear off eventually, and that’s a relief.

 

But you know, that goes for us, too. If you ever think any of us cross a line when we’re trying to be helpful, you can absolutely tell us.

 

And your morning sickness may or may not have been as bad as mine (I think the experience is quite subjective), but honestly any level of constant nausea and exhaustion is still uncomfortable! 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, zenLara said:

You all guys, can't imagine what it means to have this support here, of which I don't have much irl

I bet some of us can.  The support here is Amazing (with a capital A) and I am super grateful for the friends I have found here

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.