• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zenLara

Going on an adventure!

Goal #1

Took supplements. Ate some bread and some chocolate.

Goal #2

Did a yoga flow in the afternoon, but didn't feel like walking, so stayed home. In the end it was a bit boring, but I just couldn't find the will to go out.

Goal #3

Reading, sketching. Fun.

• Like 2

Goal #1

Took supplements. Ate some bread and sweetened yogurt.

Goal #2

No "exercise", since apparently going groceries shopping to a couple of places today was enough to spend all of my energy. I even needed a nap before lunch, that extended itself until about 3pm. Then I woke up and had to eat "everything".

Goal #3

Reading, sketching.

Nipples' battle with MIL is still on, apparently 🙄 At least this time my boyfriend was the one who dealed with it.

• Like 2

Accepting things is basically what pregnancy is all about isn't it? and once you've accepting something the next thing will announce itself. Ugh. 

About weight, if it helps... I gained 35kg my first pregnancy and 25 was gone within the month. This pregnancy I've gained 20 so far, and I'm fairly certain all 20 will be gone by the end of march. 

You say 'short walk' and things like that, but you're awesomely active! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

You’re doing great, hopefully the energy will come back too with the extra food/meat intake!

I really hope!

12 hours ago, KB Girl said:

and once you've accepting something the next thing will announce itself. Ugh. 

Apparently, pregnancy is a course on acceptance...

About weight, if it helps... I gained 35kg my first pregnancy and 25 was gone within the month. This pregnancy I've gained 20 so far, and I'm fairly certain all 20 will be gone by the end of march. 

Oh, I'm not worried at all about getting back to my weight after pregnancy. If I have a superpower, that is the ability of losing weight even when I don't want to. My worries go more into the opposite side: will I gain enough weight during the months still left?

You say 'short walk' and things like that, but you're awesomely active! 

The way I see it, I have an actual active day about once a week, then I remain slightly active for another two, and then I just lay on my side over the carpet or in bed during the rest of the week :D

Also, one of my favourite activities was to randomly walk in the countryside for hours, and feeling myself limited to one hour walks through flat boring trails is not fun. And talking while walking leaves me breathless :(

Anyway, enough of complaining!

• Like 2

Goal #1

Took supplements. Bread but no sugar.

Goal #2

1 hour walk, divided in sections of 20 minutes. Checking alignment and gait. Tried to sit less at work, was successful the first few hours, then it was all sitting.

Goal #3

Reading.

• Like 2

I am way behind on your adventure but I wanted to comment on this:

On 2/18/2020 at 5:36 AM, zenLara said:

I've decided that I might screw it up, but I'll screw it up my way.

YES!  There is no such thing as a perfect parent, and I remember you had concerns that you may end up having too much of your mom's bad traits in your mothering, but like I said then, you are not your mom and you can avoid those problems.  You will certainly make other mistakes but do them YOUR WAY!  (I suspect you are probably going to end up being a better parent than those advice givers anyway :) )

On 2/20/2020 at 8:58 PM, zenLara said:

I made did a good deed today.

One of those rare moments that define what being a superhero is all about :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am way behind on your adventure

Well, thank you for taking the time to read through all that. Given your stressful situation right now, I appreciate that you set some time aside for my moanings :)

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

YES!  There is no such thing as a perfect parent, and I remember you had concerns that you may end up having too much of your mom's bad traits in your mothering, but like I said then, you are not your mom and you can avoid those problems.  You will certainly make other mistakes but do them YOUR WAY!  (I suspect you are probably going to end up being a better parent than those advice givers anyway :) )

I don't know if I'll be better than any of those people, but at least I'm growing more and more sure of my own decisions. And I also know I'm going to be much better than my mom. To be honest, she didn't set a high standard :D As days pass by I feel more reassured. There is one great advantage about being an "old" mom that anybody seems to have thought about, so busy they are talking to me about malformations, syndromes, and other apocalyptic disasters, and that's maturity, stability, and life experience.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, zenLara said:

There is one great advantage about being an "old" mom that anybody seems to have thought about, so busy they are talking to me about malformations, syndromes, and other apocalyptic disasters, and that's maturity, stability, and life experience.

Seriously? so you must be at least 65 or something? 

• Haha 1

Goal #1

Took supplements. Bread but no sugar.

Goal #2

No yoga, but did some stretches for leg and hips after walking: 1 hour + 20 minutes. Checking alignment and gait.

Goal #3

Reading.

• Like 2

2 tough days. Both nights I've been having nightmares and then couldn't get back to sleep, so I've been sleeping by day, messing up any other schedule. Sugar and bread consumption rocketed, of course, but weirdly, it felt like the good choice, because I was in need of immediate energy. Also, I did another sugar check run this week with the glucometer, and if we except pizza, my sugar intake doesn't seem to be being harmful as my sugar blood levels are in the same range as always.

Yesterday

Goal #1

Took supplements.Ate bread, pizza, and a lot of yogurt (sweetened). Lots and lots and lots of fruits (sincerely, I think I've eaten more fruit in the past 3 months than in the last whole year).

Goal #2

No yoga. 40 minutes walk, and didn't feel well. Was tired all the time. No willpower to do anything.

Goal #3

Reading.

Today

Goal #1

Forgot supplements. Pasta and chocolate.

Goal #2

Nope.

Goal #3

Reading.

• Like 4

Catching up on threads... you’re doing great ^_^

When Mr and I were talking about parenting standards, I said I wanted to be a better parent than my mother. Mr said, “the bar has to be off the floor, my love.” ... yeah. It was like that.

In any case, I can understand a bit where you’re coming from on that one. But I think just wanting to be a good parent makes you a better parent, and none of us are perfect anyway. I often want to remind others (and myself) that parenting is not a competitive sport.

I’m 40 and trying to get pregnant again, and yeah, I’m hearing all of the doomsaying as well. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ann of Vries said:

Mr said, “the bar has to be off the floor, my love.”

This cracked me up :D I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but really, he made it sound very funny.

I'm in a similar place. It is really not difficult to be a better parent than my mom, or my dad :) Still, with all the pressure around I know I'm going to doubt myself many times. I've been reading a couple books on parenting, and both of them remark there is no way to escape from critics, and that I'll need to stand up for myself and let outcomes become the consequence of my decisions (well, our decisions, but boyfriend and I are more or less in the same page).

13 hours ago, Ann of Vries said:

I’m 40 and trying to get pregnant again, and yeah, I’m hearing all of the doomsaying as well. 

In my case, the worst one was the midwife that I got assigned. Ended up changing to a different hospital. MIL also tried to be scary in the beginning, now she's switched to just annoying.

The day seems to have started better than the past ones. Yesterday I spent most of my time lying down, with no energy whatsoever. My guess is little chickpea was keeping everything for herself, because she didn't stop moving the whole day. A few kicks even hurt, which was quite a surprise, how can she have so much strength already? Today had a bad night of sleep again, and had to get up to eat something (a couple of carrots, a beetroot, and a handful of pistachios and almonds) and then was able to go back to sleep. Woke up again late in the morning, but I don't feel as tired as these past two days, and I'm in a better mood.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, zenLara said:

but boyfriend and I are more or less in the same page

I think that's one of the most important things, I see it with my sister and husband how unpleasant it is when you don't agree on major things.. 

A few kicks even hurt, which was quite a surprise, how can she have so much strength already?

:) how far along are you now? 

I  don't feel as tired as these past two days, and I'm in a better mood.

Awesome :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

:) how far along are you now?

I'm on week 24, which I'm not sure is 6th month already? Everybody seems to count months differently.

10 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

I think that's one of the most important things, I see it with my sister and husband how unpleasant it is when you don't agree on major things..

I'm sure we will eventually have moments of disagreement, but probably not about the main, really important stuff. We talk a lot about how we'd like things to be, and we're usually rational people that can discuss differences without much of a fuss. Also, we're quite flexible and are open to change if things don't develop the way we expect. Now, I don't know how much of that rationality, flexibility, and openness will be left after some months of lack of sleep and baby crying all over the place :D

Rant about MIL, again

Spoiler

MIL has found another way to annoy me about my "high-risk" pregnancy. Today it was about why on earth I'm still going to work. Two of her pregnant coworkers got a medical leave more than a month ago, why not me? Her coworkers, same as her, work in a hospital, and obviously they're at risk to catch whatever bugs are around and that's why they're sent home at an early stage. My work has no risks whatsoever, and it is in fact a quite pleasant and relaxed one. I hate when people tells me what do I have to do. Her idea was I should go to the doctor and tell her about a few symptoms that, added to my age*, would immediately get me a leave. She said it would be enough to say I feel tired, and that I have "pain down there" and maybe some other similar thing. Of course, I'm going to make my doctor worry about my state and make her order tests just for the fun of staying at home. Boyfriend argued I'm not the type of person that would lie about something like this (I wasn't there today, my boyfriend called just now to tell me about) and she said I'm being silly. Fine. I'm being silly.

*😠😠😠

• Angry on your Behalf 4

Goal #1

Took all supplements. Ate half a chocolate bun.

Goal #2

Nothing here. I'm feeling way better than these past two days, but I wanted to gather some strength for the upcoming week, chose to have a nice rest day.

Goal #3

Reading and sketching.

• Like 2

Week 3 recap.

Goal #1

Supplements 6/7, best week so far. Sugar 5/7, meh. Bread everyday. No improvement here.

Goal #2

Apparently I've banished yoga out of my life. Walked only for 3 hours this week. No any other exercise, aside for a couple of stretches now and then, some occasional squatting, and hanging from the bar for a few seconds several times. I feel bad for having done so poorly, but I really couldn't push myself to do more.

Goal #3

Reading every day, and one day of sketching.

This week has been weaker that the previous ones. I hope I will feel less tired this next week and that I'll be able to stay more active.

image.png.a57ac62e9d784d807b7a9def474e60db.png

• Like 2

15 hours ago, zenLara said:

A few kicks even hurt, which was quite a surprise, how can she have so much strength already?

I hear baby Wolverines are like that.  Wicked strong like their moms

7 hours ago, zenLara said:

Rant about MIL, again

Ugh

full house please GIF

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I hear baby Wolverines are like that.  Wicked strong like their moms

Well, it is unquestionable now, there is a Wolvie in there. I can feel her tiny fists of fury. When she discovers she has claws, it's going to be hell :D

• Like 1

Yes it's very silly to want to live a full life when you're pregnant. And I heard being completely sedentary for 9 months makes delivery easier. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/1/2020 at 1:52 PM, zenLara said:

Rant about MIL, again

Ugh. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. My wife and mother did not get along very well early in our marriage. At first, I struggled to intervene, but I started to realize that it was not good for my wife's mental health to deal with my mother inserting snide, passive-aggressive comments aimed at my wife. I don't remember the exact comment my mother made that set me off, but I remember that it triggered some moments from my childhood in which she made me feel like shit, whether intentionally or not. I love my mother, and she really is a good person (even more so now), but she used to be very good at making people feel crappy about things with which she disagreed. In other words, when I saw that your mil's statement began with "You really should...," I felt it in my core.

Hang in there. We all have peaks and valleys with our training and our nutrition. No one is 100% all the time. But you're handling all the stress and upset really well. I'm proud of you.

• Like 1