• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zenLara

Going on an adventure!

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I have a theory about where that energy may have gone... ;) 

Oh, I have a certainty about it :D

Went to see the doctor this morning. We had to wait for 2 hours, because since most of the doctors are dealing with the virus, there were only two gyns to take care of all the women there.

Doctor said everything is fine. Numbers on my blood tests are great, she said I don't even need to take iron supplements. Sugar and blood pressure are excellent, and she said the kid looks fine and weights around 1 kilo. No worries about my weight, it is a tad low but still enough and anyway the kid is growing so I should not give it much thought.

Also said that with all this virus thing, I won't be able to see a midwife until next month, and the doctor herself won't see me until I get to my 36 week 😕 but that they will check with me on the phone, and of course if I feel anything is wrong I must go to the ER.

I asked her about my solitary walks in the country and she said no way, so I really must find a way to keep myself active at home from now on.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Sciread77 said:

Gosh I’m behind but now I’m following. 

Oh, hi! Welcome! Thank you for reading my ramblings.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zenLara said:

I asked her about my solitary walks in the country and she said no way, so I really must find a way to keep myself active at home from now on.

Oh shame. 

• Sad 2

Squats: 5. Apparently, squats are a nope for my stomach today.

Lunges: 5

Hanging: 10"

Balance: 2'

Reverse plank: 15"

Knee push-ups: 3

Stretches: jaw, neck, calves, psoas, cat-cow.

Icelandic: 10'

Some reading.

• Like 5

Got up early, right after my now usual "morning conversation" with little chickpea, and took out the trash, a short time in the street that I used to breath the cool air of the morning and to climb the stairs when coming back. I'm decided to have a more active day than these past ones, let's hope I'll succeed.

News reports have started to add a new number every morning to the new infected cases: now they also say how many people were fined for being outside the house without reason. Today we had 10000 more people fined than new cases, so I think we can confirm 2 things: we have more idiots around than sick people, and, we're going to get over the economic crisis really fast thanks to these altruistic donors 🤦‍♀️

• Like 6

Well, challenge recap...

Goals morphed as challenge went by, and by now they have nothing to do with what was important 5 weeks ago. Which is good, because 5 weeks ago it was all about having my energy back and feeling I still had a life, while more recently it's been about getting active and being productive while staying at home. So let's say I achieved my main goal, which was to feel a bit more like myself, even if some of the subgoals that I thought would help me to achieve this haven't improved as much as I expected. If I look at how I felt 5 weeks ago and how I feel now, challenge has been a total success, so let's celebrate!

image.thumb.png.4b34a670aebcbd38470e872fd6b66faa.png

• Like 9

Today:

Squat: 10 in a row!

Lunges: 5

Knee push-ups: 2x4

Reverse plank: 15"

Hanging: 2x15"

Balance: 2'

Yoga: 30'

Stretches: jaw, neck, calves, psoas, cat-cow, forward leaning inv.

Icelandic: 20'

I'm very proud of my day today!

• Like 5

Ugh this virus needs to go away, sorry you can't get in some outdoor walks... HOwever, you are  a good inspiration of getting more active while staying at home and growing  a child. 

Glad everything is going good for both of you!

• Thanks 1