• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mr_Willes

Mr_Willes: Statistics!!!

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That wasn't an attempt at Gif Shaming, that was a protest.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor keeping an eye on you gif

This is so gonna be reused in Wolfies next challenge ;) 

16 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Image result for maybe is good gif

Image result for people helping people gif

And yes, no pressure. Just having support is a great start. And Division version of Tank is likely to still make an appearance ;) 

I have an inkling of a plan...and it's gonna be AWESOME! There likely won't be cold showers, however, I remember when I did that for one of my challenges that we, collectively as a group, accumulated a disgusting amount of hours. If I remember correctly, it was in the high 60's, maybe more. I need to go back and confirm that!!

Wolf

I started reading that challenge, but when i saw it was somewhere around 29 pages i stopped, it was a whole lot of fun man!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor loose eyeball gif

8 hours ago, Cheetah said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor more than welcome gif

7 hours ago, Terra said:

source.gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor happy dancing gif

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

image.png.47794d07cd50a09270012f586e1c4c25.png

This morning was again towards the low side of my range!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor whoop whoop gif

And on tonights episode of...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor fantastic epic gif

I did do a pretty epic run yesterday if i do say so myself

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor and i did gif

image.png.5720ce340b8359dbf445cbc3c9a608c2.png

What's so cool about this. Well let me explain:

• It was designed to be a quick-pre-dinner-run, still i did 16K (10 miles)
  • My pace was a little over 11K/h, not where i want to be (12K/h), but progress man!
  • Even though there was a bit of rain and wind it felt fantastic, at a moment a new song started on my playlist of classic trance songs, it had stopped raining for a few moments, and as the song kicked on my right side the sun broke through
  • I realized that i was smiling feeling, fantastic running, a pretty decent pace, not overly fatigued, enjoying the outdoor
  • I am toying with the idea to run a full marathon in october (during an official event at the Eindhoven Marathon)
  • I'm 99% sure the previous point will not remain an idea!

This saturday i am planning a long run (around 27K). And i'm really curious to see how my short fast run will be mondayevening (my regular 6.6K lap) seeing my 7 fastest K's on last evening's 16K were: 5:15, 5:16, 5:19, 5:19, 5:20, 5:21, 5:2.

Now i'm curious for what speed i can push next monday!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor fantastic epic gif

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I started reading that challenge, but when i saw it was somewhere around 29 pages i stopped, it was a whole lot of fun man!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor loose eyeball gif

It was a VERY fun challenge! I'm gonna switch things up more this next time around. Instead of doing a different team each week, I'm gonna have one story that involves everyone at the same time because it doesn't look like we'll have as many people this time around. But worry not, my friend, there will be plenty of eyeballs to go around for El-Jay ;) 

Image result for eyeball gif

6 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I realized that i was smiling feeling, fantastic running, a pretty decent pace, not overly fatigued, enjoying the outdoor

Image result for running and smiling gif

Wolf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

It was a VERY fun challenge! I'm gonna switch things up more this next time around. Instead of doing a different team each week, I'm gonna have one story that involves everyone at the same time because it doesn't look like we'll have as many people this time around. But worry not, my friend, there will be plenty of eyeballs to go around for El-Jay ;) 

As long as there are plenty of arms for me to rip off.

Eyeballs. Pffft. Those are for amateurs.

• Haha 2

On 2/27/2020 at 2:25 AM, Mr_Willes said:

What's so cool about this. Well let me explain:

• It was designed to be a quick-pre-dinner-run, still i did 16K (10 miles)
  • My pace was a little over 11K/h, not where i want to be (12K/h), but progress man!
  • Even though there was a bit of rain and wind it felt fantastic, at a moment a new song started on my playlist of classic trance songs, it had stopped raining for a few moments, and as the song kicked on my right side the sun broke through
  • I realized that i was smiling feeling, fantastic running, a pretty decent pace, not overly fatigued, enjoying the outdoor
  • I am toying with the idea to run a full marathon in october (during an official event at the Eindhoven Marathon)
  • I'm 99% sure the previous point will not remain an idea!

giphy.gif 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2020 at 10:47 AM, Salinger said:

WOW Willy, look at you go...!!! Amazing fitness there :) keep going! Im excited to see you keep getting better :D x

Yeah it's real nice to see you can still amaze yourself going 40...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor old running gif

On 2/27/2020 at 3:15 PM, Wild Wolf said:

Image result for eyeball gif

Image result for running and smiling gif

Wolf

Sound solid brother! We down for the challenge. El-Jay is just his usual grumpy. But actually he can't wait to get started again!

On 2/27/2020 at 5:30 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

As long as there are plenty of arms for me to rip off.

Eyeballs. Pffft. Those are for amateurs.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor blasphemy gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor its art gif

On 2/28/2020 at 5:40 PM, Cheetah said:

Great run!  Keep up the good work!

giphy.gif

I'm doing the best i can! Though my last run made me seriously doubt the marathon idea...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor excuse me gif

On 2/28/2020 at 5:45 PM, Salinger said:

How you today Willly?xx

I'm shockingly tired!

Yesterday i was tired from running, and my willpower went:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor fuck this gif

So i was at the birthday party of my FIL and i drank one beer, then...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor one lead to another gif

Than we had dinner, my mind had a bright spark in ordering something healthy, but the seconds weren't that healthy anymore.

When we came home, around bedtime for the kids, i crashed on the couch. And i slept, just to wake up to get into bed, and slept till 6 this morning.

And now i'm here like:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sleepy at work gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sleepy at work gif

On 2/29/2020 at 8:58 PM, SkyGirl said:

giphy.gif 

Thanx, i really need to hear that now, though i did a pretty big thing last saturday, i'm feeling all out ...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor low on energy gif

13 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

That's the important part.  Plus, the part about where you really were enjoying it.  

I really have to keep the enjoying part in mind. For now, the longish run's are really hard, and i have to pay a high amount of willpower for them. Of course the bragging rights are pretty cool, but GD last one nearly killed me...

• Like 4

Okay the rundown on statistics for this very grey monday...

image.png.2c4cd01c0db0d6c32b26c12ff0609ee6.png

The trend is looking pretty good, though the weight this morning was a bit of a bummer. Sunday i weighed in at my lowest since, idk, a long time! 79 KG, this morning back over my avg with 80,3. I know it was the beer and dinner yesterday.

I'm also a little grumpy because i can't really have a good run in the start of this week. Schedule is trying it's best to make it impossible for me.

Last weekend i had a killer running workout! I felt like i died a little afterwards.

image.png.b9e7769381e59ac20707a737d739a016.png

When i went out there wasn't a lot of wind, so i didn't really paid much attention to how to do the run.

Fact was that the wind picked up in the second half of the run, and it was coming from SW. Since i did my run clockwise, the last 9K i had a lot of southbound flat road, with no wild shielding, which lead to over a minute per K slower, with a much higher effort! (I highlighted the parts in the screenshot).

For distance, I knew the round would have been somewhere in the high 20's. I was aiming for 27K (25 was my previous + 2K further). When i was getting closer to home i checked my phone to see how far i was. I first looked at 26,2. I was a bit bummed i wasn't there already, but also glad i was not far off. So i just hammered through, and i stopped at 27K with a little over a K left. In my mind i was so glad i was done running, cause my whole body was nagging.

Walking wasn't any better, every step i took came with the same level of nag as when running. But i just could not go back to running. So i grinded my teeth (several times) and walked home (internally i was just crying). When i was nearly home (~200m) the wind picked up, it started raining hard, the wind got stronger, and the rain eventually turned into hail. And all i could think was...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor curse beep gif

I was so glad i was home, and for the very first time, i admitted to my wife that i may had bitten off more than i could chew. My wife (who regularly thinks i'm plain crazy for doing the things i do) first wholeheartedly agreed, but also offered me help so i could lay down on the couch.

So for about an hour after running i just lay on the couch, doing nothing...

In hindsight, i think the run, though hard, was pretty good for me. I think my stamina has gotten a real boost from it. We'll see upcoming weeks.

I can't wait for this day to be over! I'm not feeling it today! Hope everyone is having a better day than me!

• Like 5

Hey Willy, oh im sorry you arent having a good day :( is there anything you can do to make it a bit better? Have a cup of tea/coffee? Can you sit quietly for a moment and reflect on all the amazing things you are doing?

Perhaps that run was mega hard but yes i agree, i recon your stamina will have rocketed!!! Its amazing i think! 

Sending you loads of love on this dreary day, cos you deserve it ❤️ xx

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Hey Willy, oh im sorry you arent having a good day :( is there anything you can do to make it a bit better? Have a cup of tea/coffee? Can you sit quietly for a moment and reflect on all the amazing things you are doing?

Perhaps that run was mega hard but yes i agree, i recon your stamina will have rocketed!!! Its amazing i think! 

Sending you loads of love on this dreary day, cos you deserve it ❤️ xx

I have found a light-bulb in this day. I think i figured out how to get my run in tonight. All the other stuff that would brighten my day, are actually not that good ideas (they mostly consist of beer and very unhealthy food) also after dinner i decided to play on the Nintendo Switch the rest of the evening, that also gives me something to look forward to.

And the realization this will be the only day working this week, the other days i'm going to an instructor-led-training-course on some IT stuff (firewall) which i look forward to, cause...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor im a nerd gif

Thanks for being the sweet girl you always are Sal!

• Like 3

With a little recovery time behind you...  now how do you feel about that long run?  Has time changed your perception and feelings about it???  I find that during a rough recovery I'm really negative but with a bit more time I can find the positive in the hardest workouts.  

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 5:36 AM, Mr_Willes said:

Okay the rundown on statistics for this very grey monday...

image.png.2c4cd01c0db0d6c32b26c12ff0609ee6.png

The trend is looking pretty good, though the weight this morning was a bit of a bummer. Sunday i weighed in at my lowest since, idk, a long time! 79 KG, this morning back over my avg with 80,3. I know it was the beer and dinner yesterday.

I'm also a little grumpy because i can't really have a good run in the start of this week. Schedule is trying it's best to make it impossible for me.

Last weekend i had a killer running workout! I felt like i died a little afterwards.

image.png.b9e7769381e59ac20707a737d739a016.png

When i went out there wasn't a lot of wind, so i didn't really paid much attention to how to do the run.

Fact was that the wind picked up in the second half of the run, and it was coming from SW. Since i did my run clockwise, the last 9K i had a lot of southbound flat road, with no wild shielding, which lead to over a minute per K slower, with a much higher effort! (I highlighted the parts in the screenshot).

For distance, I knew the round would have been somewhere in the high 20's. I was aiming for 27K (25 was my previous + 2K further). When i was getting closer to home i checked my phone to see how far i was. I first looked at 26,2. I was a bit bummed i wasn't there already, but also glad i was not far off. So i just hammered through, and i stopped at 27K with a little over a K left. In my mind i was so glad i was done running, cause my whole body was nagging.

Walking wasn't any better, every step i took came with the same level of nag as when running. But i just could not go back to running. So i grinded my teeth (several times) and walked home (internally i was just crying). When i was nearly home (~200m) the wind picked up, it started raining hard, the wind got stronger, and the rain eventually turned into hail. And all i could think was...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor curse beep gif

I was so glad i was home, and for the very first time, i admitted to my wife that i may had bitten off more than i could chew. My wife (who regularly thinks i'm plain crazy for doing the things i do) first wholeheartedly agreed, but also offered me help so i could lay down on the couch.

So for about an hour after running i just lay on the couch, doing nothing...

In hindsight, i think the run, though hard, was pretty good for me. I think my stamina has gotten a real boost from it. We'll see upcoming weeks.

I can't wait for this day to be over! I'm not feeling it today! Hope everyone is having a better day than me!

What a tough hard run!

I could def sympathize and have the Exact situation with MY wife who also thinks my big goals are crazy and far too much.

I'm always telling her that I AM making sure I'm not over training and overdoing it.

so when things get really rough-  its a bad moment for sure

but you Know, it really Isn't bad to test your limits like that.  if you push yourself to the last moment you can run; you've told your body boldly that it must change its weaker ways and be much stronger.  lots of great things will then happen as you recover.

my wife just worries (and perhaps yours as well)... and as you dust yourself off another day it becomes no problem at all.

I guess I've read this a day too late but I'm very glad you shared it and hope that now you feel much better.

certainly your proven yourself a worthy Ranger, doing more than half a marathon in the bad weather.

congrats.

• Like 2

Hey hey, hope you're feeling better today! I hate when life (or our bodies) throw a wrench in our fitness plans...

Also:

>light-pre-dinner-run

>10 miles

ParallelMealyEmperorpenguin-size_restric

• Like 2

Thanx guys!

Quick update. I'm in class all day till Friday, and evenings are stuffed too.

I've recovered pretty good from the run. I even hit a new milestone on my short run yesterday (which I was glad to be able to push in cause class was done earlier than expected). I did 6.6K under 5 min/K average (12K/h), that was one of my milestones! The weight was at another (though only small increment) new all-time low this morning.

I've read everybody's updates and I got some great ideas to respond, but I'm just a bit busy at least till late tomorrow...

Love you all!

• Like 5

On 3/2/2020 at 12:38 AM, Mr_Willes said:

Sound solid brother! We down for the challenge. El-Jay is just his usual grumpy. But actually he can't wait to get started again!

I can't wait either, dude! It's gonna be GLORIOUS! I saw this gif and can totally see grumpy El-Jay saying this to a bad guy:

Image result for smokin aces gif

On 3/2/2020 at 5:21 AM, Mr_Willes said:

also after dinner i decided to play on the Nintendo Switch the rest of the evening, that also gives me something to look forward to.

What game?? We may need to sync up on the switch soon dude! We have a ton of games.

7 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

The weight was at another (though only small increment) new all-time low this morning.

Congratz!! That's some exciting news heading into the week, my friend! 

Wolf

On 3/2/2020 at 6:42 PM, Terra said:

With a little recovery time behind you...  now how do you feel about that long run?  Has time changed your perception and feelings about it???  I find that during a rough recovery I'm really negative but with a bit more time I can find the positive in the hardest workouts.  

I feel super good about it. I have had a couple of these hard runs now (I started numbering the running workouts I did for the rate race and I'm over 60). And usually the feel super sucky, and I have to make sure the next run is a short one, but the pace usually can go up quite a bit, as was proven yesterday. It feels a bit like super-recovery (I think I read something about that once with lifting). Bad I sure hope my next long run will be a lot easier. My old CF-box is having an event Sunday. And I wanted to go and see some old friends there. Now someone on FB challenged me to come by foot. It's 30k so it should be doable...

On 3/3/2020 at 3:14 PM, TGP said:

What a tough hard run!

I could def sympathize and have the Exact situation with MY wife who also thinks my big goals are crazy and far too much.

I'm always telling her that I AM making sure I'm not over training and overdoing it.

so when things get really rough-  its a bad moment for sure

but you Know, it really Isn't bad to test your limits like that.  if you push yourself to the last moment you can run; you've told your body boldly that it must change its weaker ways and be much stronger.  lots of great things will then happen as you recover.

my wife just worries (and perhaps yours as well)... and as you dust yourself off another day it becomes no problem at all.

I guess I've read this a day too late but I'm very glad you shared it and hope that now you feel much better.

certainly your proven yourself a worthy Ranger, doing more than half a marathon in the bad weather.

congrats.

Thanx for the great compliment TGP! Yeah I like going balls to the wall with working out, problem was this became an hour long balls to the wall, AFTER already running for 1.5h. I was really glad it was over. Though it will stick in my head and help me on new workouts. There's always something left in the can! I mean I didn't even had to puke...

22 hours ago, loire said:

Hey hey, hope you're feeling better today! I hate when life (or our bodies) throw a wrench in our fitness plans...

Also:

>light-pre-dinner-run

>10 miles

ParallelMealyEmperorpenguin-size_restric

Yeah funny shit, but the 10 mile runs are the ones I'm enjoying the most at the moment. They aren't real far, and I don't have to go real fast. They are perfect inbetweens!

Thanx for the support and th compliment!

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

You running is coming along SO WELL :o xx

Yeah it's really coming along nicely. I'm gonna pull the trigger this week on running the Eindhoven Marathon in October, just to create another thing that will make keep on running (as I'm still at a pretty good deficit with all the running I'm doing as t the moment). Actually it's just signing up for something that scares me works best...

27 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

I can't wait either, dude! It's gonna be GLORIOUS! I saw this gif and can totally see grumpy El-Jay saying this to a bad guy:

That would have been El-Jay alright. Showing off one of his nice cleavers as he speaks...

What game?? We may need to sync up on the switch soon dude! We have a ton of games.

I'm playing Diablo3 it's a wicked game to play together. Fingers crossed you have it!

Congratz!! That's some exciting news heading into the week, my friend! 

Wolf

Planning for this week is busy but pretty good!

I'm gonna kick this week so hard in the face, it's gonna need a month to recover!

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

I'm SO proud of how hard you're working and how much progress you're making - seriously, that was an absolutely badass run and I'm so proud of how you handled your recovery. You are amazing and you do amazing things. Keep up the good work!!

• Thanks 1

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor im alive gif

image.png.bba463a7220954deccd5f333dc716e7b.png

Geen fotobeschrijving beschikbaar.

image.png

Last saturday:

image.png.454c23adf2dac155d505d0c6b9990b59.png

Yesterday:

image.png.aab5acd340faa8c8113835516f580955.png

I'm legit scared for Corona. My wife works at the hospital, her work will be split between her regular dept. and an impromptu IC-light dept. I've been monitoring several different sources of news around Corona. From little nuisances like not knowing what will happen with the vacation we planned the second week of april (and our friends-weekend, me being responsible for a rather larger budget, first week of May) to when will i get sick, and how sick will i become. There are several cases known of people, healthy sporty people between 30 and 50, getting very very sick. I really hope lockdown will become even more strict!!!

Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: mogelijk herkende tekst: Your grandparents were called to war. You're being called to sit on a couch. You can do this

(This is NOT meant as a joke!)

• Like 7

I'll admit I wasn't too sure about all the craziness about Corona till I talked with my sister-in-law who is a nurse.  After that discussion I am more than ready to go home and just stay there.  Most everything is closed here where I live except medical facilities, grocery stores and most restaurants have moved to mostly takeout.  I'm still working but I have a door that is mostly shut while I am here.  I'll admit it's lonely at times but staying quiet at work is keeping my anxiety in check.  

Love that you are getting out running and If I remember correctly you have a gym-like setup in you garage/basement. Are you using that space these days? Take care of yourself, the kids and especially your wife!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1