• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Terah

Terah - Ultimate Gamification

Thursday

Like I said, I had an appointment at a local gym today

13-2-20-10-26-22-3.png

(^my actual face during the workout)

It was a circuit with hydraulic equipment that got heavier the faster you moved it. I was a bit late, so I rode my bike really fast to the gym (it was a 10 min ride)

13-2-20-10-47-23.png

(^not my actual face during the  bike ride, because it was raining cats and dogs. And I don't wear a helmet, and I have women's bike)

It took some willpower to come there. While I was there I was very, very tense. My sim felt the same at the gym:

do-gespannen.png

(Stranger Danger - Einzelgängers don't like to be surrounded by strangers. Who knows what they're capable off?)

And I took my feelings out on the gym equipment. Working out hard, plus being tense from being in a strange environment surrounded by strangers made my heart rate go through the roof. We had to check our heart rate every 15 or so minutes and the instructor looked a bit shocked when I told her mine was 180 :D 

I am glad I did it though. I felt like I had to prove to myself that I could do it. And now I have one goal ticked off :)

Naamloos.png

(Train for 8 hours 3/8 || Train at a gym DONE)

When I came home I took some time to myself, to let myself calm down. I browsed the forums and played some sims

13-2-20-10-49-39.png

And I took a loooooong, hot shower

13-2-20-10-48-48.png

I found some custom content for the sims that allowed me to finish the attic in my self-sim's home:

13-2-20-11-18-54.png

The clothes line isn't exactly what I wanted, but it's close enough. And the sowing machine acts as a computer, but it sure looks cool :D 

I picked up the boys from school. Peter got a haircut (Cory wants his hair to grow as long as Rapunzel, so he doesn't get hair cuts)

And then it was time for their swimming lessons again

13-2-20-19-10-23.png

Now I'm going to watch some Sabrina on Netflix. Good night!

13-2-20-19-13-37.png

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Waanie said:

I would have to check this weekend, but at least I remember enjoying "Niet ongevoelig" by Hennie Struik. I'll let you know if I'll remember something else.

Thanks! I just got that one from the library, haven't started reading it yet, but now I sure will :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tobbe said:

That's great that you made it to the gym! Do you think you'll go again, or was it truly just a one time thing? 

Maybe, but for now I'll stick to home workouts.

• Like 1

Friday

Today I just wanted to crawl away and not deal with the outside world. So I did only wat was absolutely necessary and hid inside my sims game the rest of the time.

14-2-20-22-17-10.png

A special loveday, I mean valentines day screenshot :D 

Someone made a bunkbed mod for the sims. Now I could make a more accurate simulation of my son's rooms :D

14-2-20-22-30-42.png 14-2-20-22-31-19.png

Speaking about simulations: in the evening William and I watched "Ready player one". I loved the book, and the movie didn't disappoint

14-2-20-22-32-21.png

• Like 4

Saturday

I worked on my goals today and finished the first step of Whizzkid!

whizzkid.png

Next step: Technical foundation

- Play a game for 2 hours straight while focused

- Reach level 3 of programming

- Own for at least 3000 simoleans of electronics. I'm pretty sure I've got that covered 😇

I looked up what level 3 of programming in the sims looks like. According to Carl's Sims guide it's this:

carls-sims-guide.png

So I need to learn how to create a plugin and how to mod a game. Modding the sims should be fairly easy, so I'll dive into that :) 

And no I'm not going to hack the Lothario Trust Fund :D 

I did 3 assignment of the Advent of Code. It was fun, so thanks for recommending @Waanie!

I also worked on my fitness aspiration:

15-2-20-15-11-09.png

The boys love playing ringfit too, so they were waiting their turn while I worked out.

My progress so far: 

bodybuilder.png

I still need 4 more hours of training. I think I should add dance workouts to the mix (Just Dance on the switch). I want to have this done before the end of the week. That's doable, right?

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

12 hours ago, Terah said:

And no I'm not going to hack the Lothario Trust Fund :D 

For the "hacking" part of the curriculum, maybe look in to https://www.hackthissite.org/ or http://www.hacknet-os.com/ and play around with that for a few hours. Haven't tried any of them myself, but I've done similar things to HTS in the past and it was a lot of fun :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • That's Metal 1

19 hours ago, Terah said:

I did 3 assignment of the Advent of Code. It was fun, so thanks for recommending

I'm glad you liked it :).

It's good you tried the gym :). I did the same kind of workout a few times (there was a 10 times for 10 euros coupon then), and it's definitely not for everyone. The people were very social, and it felt more like an endurance workout than a strength workout for me, but that's personal. There's nothing wrong with home-workouts ;).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tobbe said:

For the "hacking" part of the curriculum, maybe look in to https://www.hackthissite.org/ or http://www.hacknet-os.com/ and play around with that for a few hours. Haven't tried any of them myself, but I've done similar things to HTS in the past and it was a lot of fun :) 

Cool, thank you!

3 hours ago, Waanie said:

There's nothing wrong with home-workouts

You're absolutely right :) The best part of it is that I can work out in my pj's ;)

• Like 2

Whoot definetly GAMIFICATION!!!! Plus love the Sims... Sadly can't enjoy Sims3 expansion or Sims4 without my gaming laptop overheating to a dangerous level. 

Sooo cool you are able to make the fitness LTA fit in!! 

But in case you want a friendly Sims community that does challenges and stuff... boolprop.net (I maybe a moderator over there...) I'm not as active but its known for being kind and accepting to anyone with sim gameplay and more. 

And glad to hear the reviews of Ringfit, I may stare at the commercials on FB and in store a little tooo long. I would have to rearrange my bedroom to make it work (and play JustDance  to make sure it fits in my life).  Though curious does it get repetive? Or ways to scale back when you need to? 

On 2/12/2020 at 6:17 AM, Waanie said:

Re programming: if you at some point find that project Euler starts to have too much maths, there's also fun puzzles on checkio.org and adventofcode.com (I LOVE advent of code. It's great.).

On 2/13/2020 at 8:35 AM, Rookie said:

I like the elevator game. And I did some of the adventOfCode that Waanie suggested and that was fun too! 

https://play.elevatorsaga.com/

Thank you both for these! Passed them along to someone who has been hard on self-study, I myself wait till after my schooling. 

On 2/13/2020 at 3:44 AM, Terah said:

My husband had saved up so many extra hours last year that he can take every Wednesday off this year AND have plenty of vacation days left to actually go on vacation.

That's just AMAZING

On 2/13/2020 at 12:48 PM, Terah said:

The clothes line isn't exactly what I wanted, but it's close enough. And the sowing machine acts as a computer, but it sure looks cool :D 

Yay for finding the somehwat right CC!

And for stepping out of your comfort zone!

18 hours ago, Tobbe said:

This made me laugh so hard... May play around myself. So cool with all the gamification. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Sadly can't enjoy Sims3 expansion or Sims4 without my gaming laptop overheating to a dangerous level. 

My laptop couldn't handle it either, but I managed to buy a decent computer when I closed my sewing business last year abd got money from that :)

But in case you want a friendly Sims community that does challenges and stuff... boolprop.net (I maybe a moderator over there...) I'm not as active but its known for being kind and accepting to anyone with sim gameplay and more. 

I will check it out!

Though curious does it get repetive? Or ways to scale back when you need to? 

You can always scale up and down if you need to. It even asks you on occasion (or every time if you wish) if it should be scaled up or down. My youngest is playing it at difficulty 8 and I'm playing it at difficulty 29. So plenty of room for scaling :)

It hasn't gotten repetitve yet. When you start you get like 3/4 exersises and unlock more of them along the way. Also you should be strategic with what exersises to use on what monsters, there are mini games for bonusses and you can make smoothies (potions) for different perks. Oh, and the way you dress your avatar effects the effectiveness of different moves. So there are lots of things going on to make it interesting. 

Yay for finding the somehwat right CC!

I love sims CC :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, fitnessgurl said:

going shopping for one soon

Awesome! Make sure it's a gaming laptop though, most laptops suffer from overheating when you play a game like the sims :D  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Terah said:

Awesome! Make sure it's a gaming laptop though, most laptops suffer from overheating when you play a game like the sims :D

Any recommendations?

I also will need it to do blogwork once I have eenough content to post (it's a work in progress). :)

4 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Any recommendations?

I also will need it to do blogwork once I have eenough content to post (it's a work in progress). :)

Any computer that is powerful enough to play Sims is going to be good enough to do blog work on

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Any recommendations?

Tobbe is right. Gaming is one of the most difficult things for a computer. No recomendations (I got a pc now, no laptop that can handle the sims). Just search for "gaming laptop". 

• Thanks 1

Sunday

Lots of playing today

Off course some sims:

18-2-20-13-09-48.png

And in the afternoon D&D :D 

18-2-20-13-24-13.png

William is the DM, Peter plays a Dragonborn Paladin, Cory a rock gnome rogue and I'm a half-elf wizard. It's lots of fun and the boys are doing more and more by themselves, without me or William helping them, each adventure. 

• Like 3

Monday

The sharks held me hostage today

18-2-20_13-02-23.png

So I did the stuff that was absolutely necesary, and the rest of the day: 

18-2-20_13-34-37.png

I brought the boys to their swimming lessons. My body did not like that, luckily William took over in the evening ❤️

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rybach said:

MSI laptops are good for gaming

That's too broad of a statement to make. I'm sure some of their models are decent, but not all of their laptops are going to be able to handle all games. Their lower end laptops are just $800 and you're just not going to get a good gaming laptop for that amount of money

Basically what you have to do is look at the games you want to play, see what system requirements they have, and then find a laptop that matches. And if you don't want to have to upgrade in halv a year you might want to beef it up a little above the current system requirements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You guys talking about the sims makes me want to play it as well :P. Maybe I should finally buy a graphics card for my desktop, as it currently only has the onboard one. The processor and all seem good enough... Either that, or I stick with factorio, which can apparently run on a wooden computer ;).

• Like 3

After feeling like crap thanks to shark week, I suddenly felt great again on Thursday. I kicked Ring Fit's butt so hard it asked me if I wanted to play on a higher difficulty setting :D 

Progress: 

Naamloos.png

2 more hours of training to go before I go to the next step. 

• Like 1

Saturday I went shopping with my oldest friend

24-2-20-11-23-55.png

We chatted a lot, because a lot had happened in her life. I also told her that I suspected I have autism, and she was very understanding and supportive ❤️ 

We ended the day with sushi. 

24-2-20-11-32-04.png