squeakyvalkyrie's quest for the jackalope - updated

squeakyvalkyrie

10 hours ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

I did the thing! Even though I got stuck at work late, I still did my yoga! Next time I need to feed the dogs first. They were very interested in why I was laying on the floor and not feeding them. Downward dog is still super hard for me, my calves are so tight. But I did it! I barely got to dinner before the end of my eating window, but I succeeded there too! And I got the house clean and started cutting out Otto. I have nothing to do when I get home but sew. Bunker went to the vet yesterday for his pre-surgery bloodwork... We haven't gotten the results back, but his blood pressure was better, which is something we have been struggling with. Tomorrow is surgery day...

Image result for it will be ok gif

Nice job getting stuff done!

Image result for clapping gifs

Bunker is out of surgery, he did very well! He lost several teeth, so mush food for life for him. She says he is loopy from the pain meds and has a fentanyl patch that will give him a constant flow for three days. I can pick him up between 4:30 and 5. She wants him on fluids until then.

I am so glad he is doing well! Such a weight off to know he can go back to loving his food. The place we adopted him from covered the whole cost, which another blessing. Now I'm just running down the clock to when I'm done with work and I can go get him.

• Like 6

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

my challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6  my character  my quest

when it rains, look for rainbows; when it is dark, look for stars

15 hours ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

Bunker is out of surgery, he did very well! He lost several teeth, so mush food for life for him. She says he is loopy from the pain meds and has a fentanyl patch that will give him a constant flow for three days. I can pick him up between 4:30 and 5. She wants him on fluids until then.

I am so glad he is doing well! Such a weight off to know he can go back to loving his food. The place we adopted him from covered the whole cost, which another blessing. Now I'm just running down the clock to when I'm done with work and I can go get him.

I'm so glad it went well! He's such a cute old man, and it makes my heart smile to see he's in a loving home for his golden years. Also, kudos to the adoption place for covering the medical costs that's wonderful!

• Like 2

NF Character

Current Challenge

Intro PostBattle Log

"Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

Finally feeling human again. Thursday and Friday I was a couch bum draining away all the stress about Bunker's surgery. I did not do my workout, though I did keep to intermittent fasting and making good food choices. Saturday and Sunday my parents were in town helping us seal some leaks on the top of our utility trailer and building garden beds. It was nice having them around, but very draining. Yesterday I was a couch slug again, but I did make myself go grocery shopping so I could continue to keep up the good food choices.

87502419_659035441572229_2223095494979092480_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=b00GSR0l0sgAX-GlzYw&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=677c85a1f565230ad998c4fb5142f743&oe=5EECB4BC

Today I'm feeling like I'm back. Looking forward to yoga tonight, after all the board moving and sawing this weekend I need the stretch. Someone saw my giant squid and commissioned an octopus. But I have to finish the sleeves on my new dress before I can start designing. I have read a couple articles about drafting sleeves, so hopefully I can make ones that fit and don't restrict my movement or pull the dress bodice weird. Once this pattern is all ironed out, I can just make dresses without all the fiddling!

• Like 5

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

Yesterday was a bust. I was waiting for traffic to die down so I could go get Kermit's birthday present and I just got stuck on the couch playing a dumb game on my phone. I didn't go get the gift, work on my dress or do my yoga. Executive dysfunction can be so frustrating! I deleted the game, so tonight I can actually do something when I get home!

• Like 3

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

Yesterday was much more productive. Today is Kermit's birthday, since he works swing shift right now (and for the next 30 days, his training got extended :( and I work days, we don't see each other during the week. So, I got 19 balloons from the dollar store on my lunch break, which led to my coworkers wishing me Happy Birthday, which was weird but understandable. After dinner, I went and got a propane firepit and a new propane tank for his present. With all the camping we do, it will really come in useful. I set it up on our back patio and tied balloons all over the house. This is the kitchen:

87801731_579302039593173_8734340094095261696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=SbkTOkBZPyUAX8uWTvz&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=ef31cd7f3c3a9d52d415295cb8d6895d&oe=5EC0D382

There are also balloons in the bedroom, bathroom, refrigerator, tied to his playstation controller, tied to the firepit outside and tied to his truck. I also made keto mini cheesecakes that he can take to work if he wants. I doubt it since he is upset with them for extending his training. He was supposed to be back on nights starting next week but at the last minute his trainer decided he needed more training.  Which means more cheesecakes for us! I can't wait for him to get up and see it. I really want him to feel appreciated.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

Kermit was super surprised about his balloons and firepit. He sent me videos of him finding all of it, it was really sweet. We have spent time out by the firepit every night this weekend. He ended up taking Friday off so he could have a longer birthday weekend. It was really good to spend so much time with him. I cannot wait for him to go back to night shift so we can have our evenings back, but I get that more training is going to make him better at his job in the long run.

I am having a really hard time with the workouts in this challenge. They are not higher on my priority list than all the SCA stuff that I need to get done before tournament season kicks off at the end of the month. I tell myself I can't do my crafting until I get my workout done, then don't do the workout or any crafting. It is really frustrating. I was counting on Kermit being back on night shift and having him home to help motivate me for the second half of this challenge, but since that isn't happening I think I need to change the victory conditions.

I think my hardest part with the workouts as they have no deadlines or specific things I'm trying to accomplish. I'm scheduling them for the vague reason of getting in better shape and it isn't enough motivation for me. Where as getting the garden beds filled with dirt so I can plant things, sewing clothes so I can look good at events and painting commissioned projects all have deadlines and tangible outcomes. I'm not sure how to give yoga and workouts the same kind of sense of necessity.

• Like 3

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

36 minutes ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

I think my hardest part with the workouts as they have no deadlines or specific things I'm trying to accomplish. I'm scheduling them for the vague reason of getting in better shape and it isn't enough motivation for me. Where as getting the garden beds filled with dirt so I can plant things, sewing clothes so I can look good at events and painting commissioned projects all have deadlines and tangible outcomes. I'm not sure how to give yoga and workouts the same kind of sense of necessity.

Sounds like you need functional and purposeful exercise. I tend to be the same way.

Brain: "Do this bodyweight workout" 

Me: "No!" 

Brain: "Okay, haul hay around and muck stalls"
Me: "Ok!" 

Finding those purposeful workouts can be hard though and often just doing the 'pointless' workout is faster. 

• Like 3

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

13 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Sounds like you need functional and purposeful exercise. I tend to be the same way.

Brain: "Do this bodyweight workout" 

Me: "No!" 

Brain: "Okay, haul hay around and muck stalls"
Me: "Ok!" 

Finding those purposeful workouts can be hard though and often just doing the 'pointless' workout is faster. 

So much this! I need something I'm working towards. Now that it is warming up, I can get back to working in the yard, which is quite a bit of a workout. I'm going to keep the yoga part of my goal, I need to do more stretching. But I think I am going to scratch the kettlebell workouts and set that goal for getting my garden beds full of dirt by the end of the challenge. I got 7 yards of free dirt delivered on Friday and it needs to get moved!

• Like 2

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

I pushed through my lack of motivation last night to get the pieces of Kermit's new tunic cut out. Hopefully I can get it mostly finished, if not completely done. Then I need to get up when he gets home so he can try it one. Dumb swing shift...

• Like 4

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

Tunic finished and I made a giant octopus for a friend. Then daylight savings time hit and I have been unable to adapt. So this week has  been a hot mess of eating early, staying up too late, being late for work and having no motivation when I get home. Today the King and Queen decided to postpone the tournament at the end of the month due to Covid-19 worries, so now all my projects have no deadline. I'm going to try to get back on top of things, but I don't see myself getting much done. Rain has halted my garden bed filling. The shining beacon of hope in all this hot mess is that Kerm will be back on nights starting next week. So I won't be alone all the time and can begin to find myself again.

• Like 2

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

Eesh all the changes in routine and plans. I think that's a great goal for the end of the challenge though (when if the sky is not cooperating). Can you share the giant octopus? Lol and maybe you could work on your giant squid since it would at least be doing something productive now that your projects don't have end dates. And it sounds fun so that might motivate you

• Like 2

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

30 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Eesh all the changes in routine and plans. I think that's a great goal for the end of the challenge though (when if the sky is not cooperating). Can you share the giant octopus? Lol and maybe you could work on your giant squid since it would at least be doing something productive now that your projects don't have end dates. And it sounds fun so that might motivate you

I didn't realize I hadn't posted pictures.

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

Kermit is back on nights! So we have our evenings together again! Which is extra awesome because we live in the Bay Area and are on a shelter in place order for the next three weeks! Luckily, both of our jobs are in what is considered essential industries, so we both can still go to work. I am working from home three days a week. Which is super nice, much more doggo snuggle time.

Bunker still isn't eating much after his surgery and I'm beginning to get really concerned for him. I'm going to try making him some ground turkey and rice tonight to see if he will eat that. My vet is at a loss as to why he isn't eating as well. It may just be that he is old and has been through a lot in the last eight months. Hopefully we can figure out something he will eat soon. He is losing so much weight.

Rain is keeping my garden beds empty, but the dirt pile is covered, so as soon as real spring comes I can get them filled. My diet went of the rails this weekend, so much stress eating. But Kerm went grocery shopping before things got too nuts yesterday and got us enough veggies to last us for a while. Maybe I'll do some yoga when I get home...

• Like 2

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4