starsapart prepares for takeoff

starsapart

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

I feel like swearing in Polish is so much worse than swearing in English. In English it’s more a colourful accent, in Polish the mildest curses are rather crude. Based on my very small understanding of Russian, which incidentally happens to almost exclusively overlap with the Polish swear words, I’m guessing it’s the same?

More or less. Far more colorful and extensive of a swear vocabulary than the English big 5 (or whatever it is) words.

22 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Due to international video games network, the teachers might even know some Russian Swears.

Ah, but you see, I never swear in Russian. 😇

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

31 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Due to international video games network, the teachers might even know some Russian Swears.

Escape from Tarkov is teaching me bad Russian words...lol

• Haha 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Ahhh, ramping up to the show! Exciting times. :D 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

37 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Ahhh transitioning from one to two sleeps.. it was around 1 year of age for us too, and it sucked.

I'm trying to push it off but we might try a day or two of just one nap to see how she does, because her current schedule is kind of wonky.

33 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Look

if you're gonna learn a non-English language, you have to start somewhere

and the two most important places are

swears

and

where's the bathroom?

This is the root of all knowledge.

Especially the bathroom question, 100% the most important.

15 minutes ago, raptron said:

Ahhh, ramping up to the show! Exciting times. :D 

Yessss. My bruises have bruises but it's all in the name of ~*art*~

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

WEEK 1 DAY 2:

• Nutrition grab bag: +3 (IF, deficit, veggie day)
  • Lifting: 1/2 for the week
  • Flexibility: none
  • Family time: none

Monday was a better day thank Sunday, at least, despite insanity at work. Had a veggie day thanks to leftover tofu and broccoli stir fry and my wife kindly making me some spinach and chickpea stuffed sweet potatoes for dinner. I now have enough leftovers that I won't have to cook today, WINNING. Might even get a second veg day today as well due to the nature of said leftovers. Reallllllllllllly didn't want to lift, but forced myself to go down after baby was in bed and do some bench and single leg RDLs (that's what sounded good in the moment).

Baby sleep stuff under the cut!

Spoiler

Baby's sleep was weird again; yesterday she had a very short, grumpy morning nap but then slept super long in the afternoon and we had to force her awake at 4:30 to have any chance of her going to bed on time. Her going-to-sleep time in the evenings (not to be confused with bedtime; she goes into her crib at the same time every night, but I'm talking about the time she actually falls asleep) and her wake-up time in the mornings have both pushed later recently due to late/inconsistent afternoon naps, which is the exact opposite of what we want with the nightmare that is daylight savings coming up in a few weeks. I still don't think she's ready for a one-nap schedule, because she just can't make it that long in the mornings before she needs a nap. For a one nap day, she'd have to go down after lunch. Today, we experimented to see how long she could go before she was obviously really tired and we made it to 10:15 (now she is sound asleep). Maybe we'll just keep pushing this morning nap forward and trying to shorten the afternoon nap somehow until it finally disappears... not sure. We're going to have to experiment a bit in the next few days. We put her to bed by 7:15 every night, and previously she would be asleep in minutes and then up the next day shortly after 7am. With her recent afternoon nap tomfoolery (including us letting her sleep until 4:30), she has been rolling around her crib and chattering to her lovey until 7:45 or even 8 most nights, and then she doesn't wake up in the morning until close to 8am. With DST, that would be a 9pm bedtime and a 9am wake time which absolutely will not work for us because if we don't have a little bit of time in the evenings to decompress (after cleaning up her messes ahahaha), then we will go insane. I have always hated daylight savings, but I especially hate it now that I have a small child who needs to be on a fairly regimented schedule in order to ensure that everyone gets some sleep. Ugh.

Rehearsal tonight! Planning on taking flexibility and contortion on Wednesday prior to more rehearsal (since I won't be around on Friday).

• Like 4

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Guys! Guys! After a lot of prodding from me, @stillskies came back for the anniversary challenge! Go show her some love!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Just now, Kishi said:

And here I was like "why do I know that name" when I saw it pop up...

Go smother her with your affection. She'll claim to hate it. 😏

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

hi there!!! aaah there is so much good in this thread. I just can't even. 

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

12 minutes ago, karinajean said:

hi there!!! aaah there is so much good in this thread. I just can't even. 

YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME HERE, FRIEND.

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

11 hours ago, stillskies said:

I despise you.

Image result for liar gif

• Haha 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

WEEK 1 DAY 3:

• Nutrition grab bag: +2 (IF, veggie day)
  • Lifting: none
  • Flexibility: none
  • Family time: +2 (family walk, family meal)

I just barely missed my arbitrary deficit cutoff yesterday, but honestly, I was HANGRY after those RDLs on Monday and I regret very little (except maybe the fact that I nearly got the too much junk food penalty, because chocolate and sweet potato chips are delicious...). We went on a short walk in the afternoon (it was WAY colder than it looked) and all had dinner together. Baby ended up having only one nap after all, and it worked better than I thought it possibly could, though she was pretty exhausted by the end of the day. We'll see what happens today. In any case, after I put her to bed for the night (she conked out fully by 7:20!), I went to rehearsal, but we spent most of the time finishing the final cut of the music (WHICH WE FINALLY HAVE OMG YAY) and helping one of the other duos choreograph their battle sequence since my partner and I seem to be ahead of the game, somehow. Pretty good day.

I should get a flexibility credit today as I'm signed up for flexibility and contortion class. However, it just started snowing and is meant to continue for most of the day, so I hope that a) the roads are okay and b) the studio doesn't close (they will if the roads are really bad). Assuming I get to the studio without issue, I'll have rehearsal with my duo partner after class.

One of my raging misogynist colleagues struck again today, and I'm actually so angry I can barely see straight as I type this. I involved my boss this time because I legitimately can only deal with a certain level of blatant disrespect before I snap. We'll see what happens, but my hopes are not high.

• Like 1
  • Angry on your Behalf 3

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

20 minutes ago, starsapart said:

One of my raging misogynist colleagues struck again today, and I'm actually so angry I can barely see straight as I type this. I involved my boss this time because I legitimately can only deal with a certain level of blatant disrespect before I snap. We'll see what happens, but my hopes are not high.

tenor.gif?itemid=3960725

• Like 3

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

2 hours ago, starsapart said:

One of my raging misogynist colleagues struck again today, and I'm actually so angry I can barely see straight as I type this.

I WILL FIGHT THIS PERSON. with fisticuffs, logic, or karaoke battle. LET ME AT THEM.

• Like 2

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

1 hour ago, raptron said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3960725

Just now, karinajean said:

I WILL FIGHT THIS PERSON. with fisticuffs, logic, or karaoke battle. LET ME AT THEM.

I appreciate the outrage on my behalf. I'm a little calmer now, but trust me when I say I really wish I could sic you on him.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

55 minutes ago, karinajean said:

I will imply their misogyny has its roots in the percieved inadequacy of their own reproductive organs and further intimate their intelligence is of a less than desirable quantity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

16 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I will imply their misogyny has its roots in the perceived inadequacy of their own reproductive organs and further intimate their intelligence is of a less than desirable quantity

I think that translates to "He tiny pee-pee dumb-dumb" if talked about in front of lil people (or those of us without dem $5 dollar word skills)

• Haha 2

Current Challenge

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

GRRRR. 🤬

40 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I will imply their misogyny has its roots in the percieved inadequacy of their own reproductive organs and further intimate their intelligence is of a less than desirable quantity. 

21 minutes ago, mitch_dee said:

I think that translates to "He tiny pee-pee dumb-dumb" if talked about in front of lil people (or those of us without dem $5 dollar word skills)

I love you all. You have made what was shaping up to be a truly shitty day much better (and infinitely more amusing).

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

16 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Hope you're pleasantly surprised by the boss' involvement. 

But- yay for 1 nap working out and double yay for finding music! :)

It ended up coming out to a sympathetic ear but ultimately a suggestion that it might be better if I find a way to "resolve my differences" with said colleague on my own first so... basically exactly as anticipated.

One nap was good one day, kinda not good yesterday (the nap itself was long and fine, but baby's mood after said nap was NOT fine), and then night sleep was not great last night so.......... work in progress, basically.

WEEK 1 DAY 4:

• Nutrition grab bag: +1 (IF)
  • Lifting: none
  • Flexibility: 1/2
  • Family time: none

I thought I just made my deficit cutoff, but then forgot that I put a bit of sweet chili sauce on my broccoli. Sigh. Oh well. The roads ended up bad after all, so no class and no rehearsal, but I did a full hour of yoga before bed. I got a ton of work done during the day, which was good. Baby was in a Mood (tm) all afternoon/evening, and it might have been from being overtired (plus she slept badly last night) so we're trying two naps again today and seeing if she'll do it. Maybe it's teeth??? But I'll believe that when they actually pop, since we've thought this before.

I'm feeling super blue today, at least 70% due to work things. Heading up to the mountains for a girls' weekend tomorrow, which will hopefully help me recharge a little even if I have to work the bookend days from the mountain condo. We're taking the baby and hoping she doesn't just keep us up all night (send good vibes; last night was not a good sign). At least we will have our two friends with us as well and one of them is great with babies, so if we really need a break, we can get one. I still need to pack all of her stuff and all of my stuff today, since I will have to leave at 5:30am tomorrow to get to the condo in time for my first video meeting of the day.

• Like 4

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads