JustCallMeAmber goes the...frosted froot loops to sleep

JustCallMeAmber

ZZZzzzzz...snork.. Wait, what? Where am I? What year is this?  Is it time for a new challenge already?  Man, and it seems like I juuuust skipped the last one!

giphy.gif

Right. So we ran into a spot of bother regarding some things. The main thing became increasingly and persistently annoying; waking up before I was ready, and way before necessary. My alarm is set to go off at 5:30. It has been many months since I slept that long, but I was ok with getting up at 5:15. However, I've started waking up even earlier (usually 4 something, but sometimes as early as 3:30) and I'm just not always able to find restful sleep. To whit, a challenge!

• Finish eating before 8pm. The hope is to curtail tendency to eat quite so heavily right before bed.

• Reduce caffeine slowly. Current roughly 150-180/day. Goal: 100 or less. 1st target: no more than 140. Even though I consume my caffeine before 10am, the thought here is I may not be fully metabolizing it and it might be interfering with sleep. My current intake is dwindled down slightly, and I'm looking to continue to lower it.

• No couch naps. Stay awake until 9. (Now there’s a goal I’d never thought I’d have.) Basically don't go to sleep so early that your brain thinks it's time to get up at 3am.
  • Stop ignoring nutrition tab—make sure I’m actually hitting protein goal/eating enough food food (i.e. not 75% of my calories coming from nuts, seeds and/or peanut butter. They can contribute, but not take over the heavy lifting.)
  • Crossword a day (or 1 chapter in a book). I like puzzles. I like books. I want to not ignore them until the point in the evening wherein my brain turns to oatmeal.

• DYDP- prehab. Shoulder prehab. Don't forget to do the thing just because we finally seem to be healing.

• Brush teeth after final meal in case I fail nap goal. Contingency plans.

• Brush cats at least 3/week.

Mindset: I don’t HAVE to cook. I GET to cook. (Yeah, ok, it's not really related to anything else on the board. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Misc: Taxes, oil change, wash & vac car (put magnets on), rehab cat tree/scratching posts.

giphy.gif

^^this is my brain.

giphy.gif

^^this is my brain on cat. Any questions?

Happy 10th, NF!! :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

Cats always make everything better.

My cat trees need rehab.Please share.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31

6 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Brush cats at least 3/week.

Is this a soothing, pleasant activity for everyone, or are they the slashy, bitey type?

6 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

However, I've started waking up even earlier (usually 4 something, but sometimes as early as 3:30) and I'm just not always able to find restful sleep. To whit, a challenge!

Oooh, that sounds rubbish. I hope you get some relief soon.

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

17 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Cats always make everything better.

My cat trees need rehab.Please share.

This is true. One of mine seems to have morphed into a lap kitty lately. I sometimes wonder if they sense stress/illness in humans the way dogs do?

Will do! I'm still debating whether to just change out the rope/sisal or grab some carpet samples and change that out too. The 2nd option will entail more vacuuming, but if they like it, and it keeps them from picking at the rugs, it would be worth it.

16 hours ago, Harriet said:

Is this a soothing, pleasant activity for everyone, or are they the slashy, bitey type?

Oooh, that sounds rubbish. I hope you get some relief soon.

Ah, kind of a mix of both? 3 of the 4 tolerate it pretty well, and know how to signal that they've had enough without teeth or claws. The forth one behaves like a cranky toddler. I have to do her last and apart from the other cats because her signal that she's had enough is to violently pounce on any innocent bystanders.

Yeah, it has not been fun times. Some days I still function pretty well, but others... my face starts leaking if anybody asks me to do anything. I think there are some other factors at play because even though I wake around the same time, I still feel physically/mentally/emotionally better on some days than others. Building a logbook of data to try and spot some patterns, and already implementing the easy fixes (darkening my bedroom, keeping off my phone, etc. right before bed, keeping a nighttime routine, etc.) so hopefully I can figure out what's causing this to happen.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

No couch naps. Stay awake until 9. (Now there’s a goal I’d never thought I’d have.) Basically don't go to sleep so early that your brain thinks it's time to get up at 3am.

Uhm... how do you stay up to 9?  

giphy.gif

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

23 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Oof, that's rough and all kinds of annoying! Hope the sleep starts cooperating with you soon!!

Thanks! Today is a good day, so I have hopes of finding some answers :)

23 hours ago, Br0din said:

Uhm... how do you stay up to 9?  

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Your results may vary, but this is pretty much what it has looked like so far..

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Thanks! Today is a good day, so I have hopes of finding some answers :)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Your results may vary, but this is pretty much what it has looked like so far..

That's me past 8pm on Friday night

• Haha 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

2 minutes ago, Br0din said:

That's me past 8pm on Friday night

Yeah, my friends used to laugh when I said I couldn't stay awake past nine. Then they observed me fall asleep awaiting my turn playing a board game (there was four of us, so 5 minutes tops). Now they know not to text me after 8, because if they wake me up I may well be spiteful enough to text them when I wake up in the morning :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Yeah, my friends used to laugh when I said I couldn't stay awake past nine. Then they observed me fall asleep awaiting my turn playing a board game (there was four of us, so 5 minutes tops). Now they know not to text me after 8, because if they wake me up I may well be spiteful enough to text them when I wake up in the morning :D

You can text me all the time.  Do Not Disturb is on and none of you are on the favorites list.  And I'll text you back at 5:30am :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wheymen

23 hours ago, Br0din said:

You can text me all the time.  Do Not Disturb is on and none of you are on the favorites list.  And I'll text you back at 5:30am :) 

I'm giving this a trophy because I had completely forgotten this existed and now I'm free to be as malevolently endearingly cheerful at unholy hours as my wee heart desires. Cheers! :)

• That's Metal 1

Let's see how we did with our warmup round/zero week, shall we?

Finish eating before 8pm. I did pretty well with the spirit of this, though I confess I did run a little late more than once. That's what zero week is for though, right? I have been much more mindful of what, when and how much I'm eating at night so I call that a good start.

Reduce caffeine slowly. Current roughly 150-180/day. Goal: 100 or less. 1st target: no more than 140. Check! 😀 2nd target: 130. (I survived the weekend just fine at 90, so hopefully as sleep improves I can keep inching weekday totals down.

No couch naps. Stay awake until 9. ..Half point? Lol. Getting a little better. It's easier when I'm not under a blanket of cats.

Stop ignoring nutrition tab—make sure I’m actually hitting protein goal/eating enough food food (i.e. not 75% of my calories coming from nuts, seeds and/or peanut butter. They can contribute, but not take over the heavy lifting.) Ahem. Moving on.

Crossword a day (or 1 chapter in a book). Check! 😀

DYDP- prehab. Shoulder prehab. Don't forget to do the thing just because we finally seem to be healing. Check! 😀 Although I have to confess it has been hurting a bit more, so I need to revisit how much I'm doing and make some adjustments (i.e. don't just do the easiest ones for 30s and call it a day)

Brush teeth after final meal. Scoring Mon - Sun: 5/7. The other 2 occasions I did after I had dozed off. Not great, but we're working on it.

Brush cats at least 3/week. Check! No injuries sustained.

Mindset: I don’t HAVE to cook. I GET to cook. I DID cook.

Misc: Taxes, oil change, wash & vac car <--this might get revised to 'hose pollen off car', since I don't know that it's worth the effort to clean it thoroughly right now, rehab cat tree/scratching posts Check!

All in all, pretty satisfied with how things went. I need to be more mindful of time, as I've noticed it slipping by in chunks lately. (Like half my Saturday was consumed without my knowledge. And my lunch hour yesterday didn't actually happen.. pretty sure some gremlins snuck into my office and set all the clocks forward 2 hours.) Since a couple of my goals are time based, that's important.

I was also quite pleased to find Friday, Saturday and Sunday I had good energy. Sleep is a bit hit or miss. I still wake too early more often than not, but I've been better about getting back to sleep, except last night I was awake every 2 hours. But, Monday morning I felt pretty good and wasn't in the least tempted to use preworkout despite waking at 3:30 and getting up at 4:45. Progress, I think. I don't WANT to get up before 5 but as long as I feel somewhat decent I can live with it.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

All in all, pretty satisfied with how things went. I need to be more mindful of time, as I've noticed it slipping by in chunks lately. (Like half my Saturday was consumed without my knowledge. And my lunch hour yesterday didn't actually happen.. pretty sure some gremlins snuck into my office and set all the clocks forward 2 hours.) Since a couple of my goals are time based, that's important.

Yep, I'm familiar with this phenomenon. It happens in my breaks between writing sets. 

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

14 hours ago, Harriet said:

Yep, I'm familiar with this phenomenon. It happens in my breaks between writing sets. 

I'm glad to know it's not just me! I thought I'd ripped a whole in the space-time continuum, or got sucked into a wormhole and teleported into the future but my memory was erased in the process. You know, typical Tuesday stuff. Wait, today isn't Tuesday? It's Wednesday?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

I'm glad to know it's not just me! I thought I'd ripped a whole in the space-time continuum, or got sucked into a wormhole and teleported into the future but my memory was erased in the process. You know, typical Tuesday stuff. Wait, today isn't Tuesday? It's Wednesday?

giphy.gif

This is what happens when a monday holiday hits. 

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

2 minutes ago, Grumble said:

This is what happens when a monday holiday hits. 

The problem with that theory is that I was actually AT work on Monday lol. (Carefully worded, as I did not do much actual work that day. Except fixing the connection between the scanner and one of the new pcs, which was a ginormous pain in the PITA. That and a spotify playlist was my work day 🤣)

5 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

The problem with that theory is that I was actually AT work on Monday lol. (Carefully worded, as I did not do much actual work that day. Except fixing the connection between the scanner and one of the new pcs, which was a ginormous pain in the PITA. That and a spotify playlist was my work day 🤣)

I didn't say it was YOUR monday Holiday, but I see how that could be a kink in the theory.

• Haha 2

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Week 1 done:

Finish eating before 8pm. I did pretty well with this until the weekend. Whoops.

Reduce caffeine slowly. Current roughly 150-180/day. Goal: 100 or less. 1st target: no more than 140. Check! 😀 2nd target: 130. Check! Holding here for now. Last night the struggle was real.

No couch naps. Stay awake until 9. Check! I did much better this week. I even stayed up late (10:30!) as a test to see if I'd sleep past 6 Saturday AM. Experiment: fail. Still woke and then was tired and limited caffeine.

Stop ignoring nutrition tab—make sure I’m actually hitting protein goal/eating enough food food (i.e. not 75% of my calories coming from nuts, seeds and/or peanut butter. They can contribute, but not take over the heavy lifting.) Ah, well. Zero week saw 2 workdays wherein 'lunch' was some mixed nuts, whereas week 1 saw one of them. Progress there. But also I made the mistake (once again) of eating pb from the jar whilst reading. Bad plan. Really. Bad. Plan. That's how we end up with freshly opened jars only lasting 2 days.

Crossword a day (or 1 chapter in a book). Check! Only a couple of days behind on my crossword a day calendar and juggling a couple of books.

DYDP- prehab. Shoulder prehab. Don't forget to do the thing just because we finally seem to be healing. Check! I whiffed yesterday, but up until then, my streak was unbroken.

Brush teeth after final meal. So, there was the weekend..lol.

Brush cats at least 3/week. 2/3. They seem to be getting used to the fact that it's to be a regular occurrence.

Mindset: I don’t HAVE to cook. I GET to cook. I DID cook. Tried 'fried' chicken in my Mom's air fryer. I was pretty impressed at how crispy the skin came out, but then I also remembered why I don't eat the skin.

Misc: Taxes, oil change, wash & vac car <--this might get revised to 'hose pollen off car', since I don't know that it's worth the effort to clean it thoroughly right now, rehab cat tree/scratching posts Check! If tapatalk cooperates I might post some terri-bad before/after pics.

giphy.gif

I should try this. It looks very refreshing and not at all like the bear complex we did for the mini.

• Like 1

Week 2:

Finish eating before 8pm. Check!

Reduce caffeine slowly. Current roughly 150-180/day. Goal: 100 or less. 1st target: no more than 140. Check! 😀 2nd target: 130. Check! 3rd target: 120. I am pretty happy overall with the tiny changes. I am sleeping better on a fairly consistent basis, so between all of the things, we're getting there. Just in time to Spring Forward :rolleyes:

No couch naps. Stay awake until 9. Close! 5/7. 8:30 through bedtime at 9:30 is problematic. Remember that place between dreaming and awake that elves go instead of sleeping in LotR? I think I found it.

Stop ignoring nutrition tab—make sure I’m actually hitting protein goal/eating enough food food (i.e. not 75% of my calories coming from nuts, seeds and/or peanut butter. They can contribute, but not take over the heavy lifting.) C+ to B- this week. Improving!

Crossword a day (or 1 chapter in a book). Full points for work week, half point for weekend.

DYDP- prehab. Shoulder prehab. Don't forget to do the thing just because we finally seem to be healing. 5/7. Opted to rest it Saturday because I pissed it off doing yardwork.

Brush teeth after final meal. Close! 5/7.

Brush cats at least 3/week. Check! They seem to be getting used to the fact that it's to be a regular occurrence. I shouldn't have said that. I got dive bombed. It rather hurt.

Mindset: I don’t HAVE to cook. I GET to cook. I DID cook. When all else fails, make chili.

Misc: Taxes, oil change, wash & vac car <--this might get revised to 'hose pollen off car', since I don't know that it's worth the effort to clean it thoroughly right now, rehab cat tree/scratching posts Check! If tapatalk cooperates I might post some terri-bad before/after pics.

Work got busy(er) this week, and doesn't show much sign of slowing down. And we're raising the roof at the house. It's fine. Really. The good things out weigh the bad things. The parking lot basically got baptized in gold glitter, with purple glitter glue polka dots to match. We saw 3 parrots on the bird feeders. I learned to not wear green eyeliner while I have sunburn. Despite doing Dumb Things to shoulder, it actually felt fine for the most part once the Dumb Things ceased. Finished the 1st season of The Good Place. I'm sleeping better. Yes. This was a good week.

giphy.gif

I get the feeling this dog can parallel park better than I can..

19 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Remember that place between dreaming and awake that elves go instead of sleeping in LotR? I think I found it.

Only if you leave the place feeling refreshed and rejuvenated ;) 

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31

22 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Only if you leave the place feeling refreshed and rejuvenated ;) 

Hmm. Good point. This is more like having a dream that you're asleep but dreaming it while you're still awake.. So, less LotR, more hallucination :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Week 3:

Finish eating before 8pm. Check..ish. I might've strayed into 8:15 territory. But I'm counting it because as near as I can tell it didn't throw off my sleep. And I WAS hungry.

Reduce caffeine slowly. Current roughly 150-180/day. Goal: 100 or less. 1st target: no more than 140. Check! 😀 2nd target: 130. Check! 3rd target: 120. Stuck to 90 both Saturday and Sunday. Stuck to ~120 the rest of the week. Since I've slept better, and I am much more conscious of need caffeine versus I want tasty beverage that may contain caffeine, I think I'm going to stay here. The 100 goal was pretty arbitrary, so I'm shelving it for now to revisit if sleep problems recur. 

No couch naps. Stay awake until 9. So close! 6/7. Although I must say it was quite convenient with the time change; my scheduled bedtime coincided with my deadzone so I dropped off to sleep on time without having to fight to make it to 9. Woo!

Stop ignoring nutrition tab—make sure I’m actually hitting protein goal/eating enough food food (i.e. not 75% of my calories coming from nuts, seeds and/or peanut butter. They can contribute, but not take over the heavy lifting.) C- this week. Shark week took most of my spare effs, gees, and dees to give.

Crossword a day (or 1 chapter in a book). Check! Caught up on my calendar crosswords.

DYDP- prehab. Shoulder prehab. Don't forget to do the thing just because we finally seem to be healing. 5/7. See aforementioned sharks.

Brush teeth after final meal. 4/7. Hey, shark brain is A Thing. Sometimes you forget what you're doing, or supposed to be doing.

Brush cats at least 3/week. Check! At some point they'll stop shedding. I think.

Mindset: I don’t HAVE to cook. I GET to cook. I DID cook. When all else fails, make chili fish tacos!

Misc: Taxes, oil change, wash & vac car <--this might get revised to 'hose pollen off car', since I don't know that it's worth the effort to clean it thoroughly right now, rehab cat tree/scratching posts Check! If tapatalk cooperates I might post some terri-bad before/after pics. No progress on these. See aforementioned sharks.

So week 3 was one of those weeks where your brain decides to take a vacation and leaves you a semi-threatening note in its place. Typically I get a little emotional and my face leaks around ye olde sharks. This week was more like, "I'm doing well, thank you. DIEEVERYBODYDIE! How are you today?". I aggressively slammed dishes in the dishwasher because I was angry that coffee cups never seem to be quite the same size. Clearly, this should be regulated by some sort of acronym. I had a mini panic attack thinking that I'd dropped my credit card in the grocery's parking lot approximately 18 seconds after I had taken said card out of my pocket. I panicked because it was not in my pocket WHILE I WAS LOOKING AT IT ON THE COUNTER.

giphy.gif

Anyways. I seem to be doing much better today. Less chaotic. More good. Less apt to scream obscenities at unsuspecting flatware. Oh also we went to see Onward and it was delightful! :)  (Both the movie and the lack of other people in the theater.)

• Like 3

Week 4:

Finish eating before 8pm. Check!

Reduce caffeine slowly. Current roughly 150-180/day. Goal: 100 or less. 1st target: no more than 140. Check! 😀 2nd target: 130. Check! 3rd target: 120. Check!

No couch naps. Stay awake until 9. So close! 6/7. I only missed once. I dozed off about 8:30 and didn't wake until after 11. That was one heck of a cat nap.

Stop ignoring nutrition tab—make sure I’m actually hitting protein goal/eating enough food food (i.e. not 75% of my calories coming from nuts, seeds and/or peanut butter. They can contribute, but not take over the heavy lifting.) B+. I racked up an F- yesterday, but I didn't skip any meals during week 4.

Crossword a day (or 1 chapter in a book). Check! Caught up on my calendar crosswords. Finished 1 book start to finish, and the 2nd half of one I had set aside.

DYDP- prehab. Shoulder prehab. Don't forget to do the thing just because we finally seem to be healing. 5/7. Which in hindsight was a bad time to slack off, being as we were reintroducing barbell movements after doing 90% dumbbells for quite some time.

Brush teeth after final meal. 7/7. Finally.

Brush cats at least 3/week. Check! At some point they'll stop shedding. I think. Otherwise, it might be easier to just shave them.

Mindset: I don’t HAVE to cook. I GET to cook. I DID cook.

Misc: Taxes, Check! Also renewed my tag, so bonus point there. oil change, wash & vac car <--this might need to happen tonight because I left it parked at my brother's overnight. Dew + construction dust/dirt= muddy mess. To say nothing of the atrocities committed by the local avian population.rehab cat tree/scratching posts Check! If tapatalk cooperates I might post some terri-bad before/after pics

Ok. So week 4 saw some good stuff and some not so good stuff. Got back to barbell deadlifts, floor press and non-box squats. (Not gonna lie, I was most excited about the deadlifts being back on the table.) Kept things very conservative, but even though I was doing dumbbell variations of the movements, I still felt the "I haven't deadlifted in many weeks" DOMS. Also pleased to find my old anxiousness around squats which got really bad late last summer was gone. I hope that continues as I add weight to the bar. The roof is inching ever closer to complete, to the cats and pupper's relief. I rather figure there will be more projects coming soon, but hopefully they'll be quieter. Personally I'll be glad to get my running track back. That'll be fun in the "I-took-a-lot-of-time-off-level-DOMS" sense of the word :)

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Week 5:

Finish eating before 8pm. 5/7. Some exceptions around the weekend may have occurred.

Reduce caffeine slowly. Current roughly 150-180/day. Goal: 100 or less. 1st target: no more than 140. Check! 😀 2nd target: 130. Check! 3rd target: 120. 6/7. I BOMBED caffeine Saturday. Partly because I woke up at 4. Partly because I had a headache of unknown origin. I do not regret this because once I shook the headache, I felt good and worked outside all day long.

No couch naps. Stay awake until 9. So close! 6/7.

Stop ignoring nutrition tab—make sure I’m actually hitting protein goal/eating enough food food (i.e. not 75% of my calories coming from nuts, seeds and/or peanut butter. They can contribute, but not take over the heavy lifting.)  Welp. I did not skip any meals during week 4. However, I was rather reckless with a dwindling supply of PB, which is not smart because it's not as easy to come by nowadays.

Crossword a day (or 1 chapter in a book). Check...ish. I had rather a hard time this week, because I had poor focus. Reading and puzzles are hard when you're sufficiently tired that the words seem to jump around the page. So, I would fill in a handful of words, or finish a PAGE before throwing in the towel.

DYDP- prehab. Shoulder prehab. Don't forget to do the thing just because we finally seem to be healing. 6/7. I skipped Saturday because we replanted a tree and my shoulder said no more, thanks.

Brush teeth after final meal. 7/7. :)

Brush cats at least 3/week. Check! At some point they'll stop shedding. I vacuumed after I got home from work yesterday and collected at least one full cat's worth. Where DOES it all come from?!

Mindset: I don’t HAVE to cook. I GET to cook. I DID cook. Curry, kalua pig and stir-fry, oh my.

Misc: Taxes, Check! Also renewed my tag, so bonus point there. oil change, wash & vac car <--this might need to happen. DONE, rehab cat tree/scratching posts Check! If tapatalk cooperates I might post some terri-bad before/after pics

Well, unfortunately week 5 felt much like week 1. I didn't really hit my stride in terms of energy level until Friday, wherein I still woke at 4 friggin AM but at least did not feel dead. See also Saturday. Sunday I mercifully slept until 6. I did have my first really anxious day yesterday, that I attribute to too much news on Sunday. Dialed back evening consumption, and I seemed to be more positive this morning. Plan at this point is to keep doing the things that help me feel best physically/mentally/emotionally and most able to aid others. I haven't decided what my next challenge will be. I will need to address some of the uncomfortable habits/patterns I've developed. Oh and I hit 30k steps 2 Saturdays in a row, so, yay I guess?

giphy.gif

• Like 2