Down 100lbs of fat, ready to gain... muscle...

So I went on a year long journey to try to meet my goal of losing 100lbs of fat. Ended up hitting -101 at the 362 day. (Kinda went overboard the last few weeks to make it happen) anyway. It was 99% cardio (I know, should have done weights too, but wanted to lose as much as possible as fast as possible)

Now I’m switching gears to 99% weight training and little cardio. I do 10 min cardio warm up, usually 1 min uphill sprints followed by 1 min up hill walk, then 30-40 min of just weights. I feel like I am over doing it a little, but I know the first few months or year is your opportunity to grow, and it gets a little harder after that.

I can’t wait to gain some knowledge from you all who have years of experience. I would appreciate any feedback or criticism you are willing to share [emoji1320]

78d49bcbf4e9fb71fc8a023182b84a4e.jpg6b58af70648655bda916f432a95d7461.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
6 hours ago, firstwarrior said:

Now I’m switching gears to 99% weight training and little cardio. I do 10 min cardio warm up, usually 1 min uphill sprints followed by 1 min up hill walk, then 30-40 min of just weights. I feel like I am over doing it a little, but I know the first few months or year is your opportunity to grow, and it gets a little harder after that.

I can’t wait to gain some knowledge from you all who have years of experience. I would appreciate any feedback or criticism you are willing to share emoji1320.png

Do you mean you feel like you're overdoing the exercise or overdoing the lifting? I don't think 30-40 minutes of lifting is too much. I do maybe an hour or 90 minutes, but with rests in between, and I only lift three times per week. I also don't think you have to worry about wasting your first year, because it's not the specific timeframe that makes you improve fast at lifting, it's your beginner status (if you were to mess around and not do much, you'd just be a beginner for longer, you wouldn't waste the magic first-year-juice, if you see what I mean). So as long as you have a reasonably sensible program and you're not feeling worn down in between workouts or getting any pains or injuries, I think you're good to go.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru