Annyshay Returns to the Shire

annyshay

84b9bfd4db2172e60c2f1454dd6b74fd.jpg

My health journey with nerd fitness began in March 2012. I've been here on the forums for 8 years. I feel like I've been there and back again in that time, so it's only appropriate to return to my roots as a hobbit for the 10th Anniversary Challenge. 

My goals have done a 180 since I started on the site. I was doing multiple strength training work outs, whole 30s, and otherwise pushing my body to be smaller than it wanted to be. My mental health was spiraling as I was focused on the one thing that I thought I could control. My story is not typical for nerd fitness, but I have mostly gone on a journey of healing during these 8 years and made huge strides in a Health at Every Size approach. A lot of this comes out of my work with my health coach, Amy Clover, who is an amazing beacon of light. 

I talked last challenge about how I set core desired feelings for 2020 and am trying to make my choices line up with feeling more that way. Those core desired feelings are - love, holy, communion, nurturing, and joy. Feeling more of these feelings is my main goal. 

Frodo - Write

Sam - Friends

Merry - Budget

Pippin - Move

lotr.jpg

• Like 12

Love as thou wilt.

Following along again.

From way behind.

You don't realize it at first, but when you stop, you hear the pitter patter of little feet for a few paces. Loud enough not to ignore, but quiet enough to think it's not real.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along again.

From way behind.

You don't realize it at first, but when you stop, you hear the pitter patter of little feet for a few paces. Loud enough not to ignore, but quiet enough to think it's not real.

Little bit?!

.... or something more... sinister?

;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Love as thou wilt.

Following and always here for support and merry mischief. 

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Returns to Middle Earth

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has Hope

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

A return to the Shire is always welcomed :)

Following!

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

I love how you have picked core feelings,and then make choices based on that. Really,I think we believe that our choice are so well thought out and rational, when the truth is we really make most decisions on our feelings.

It's been great watching your journey over the years. I like back at my old challenges, and I was really hard on myself, and somehow I thought that would motivate me to do more. I'm glad I had people like you on my journey reminding me of the things that really matter 

• Like 4

Wisdom- 13.5 Dexterity- 10 Charisma- 11 Strength- 12 Constitution-10 

Elastigirl Just Living Life - January 3 to February 6 New Year Challenge! - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"The chief goal of living is not to merely stay alive" Mike Rowe

19 hours ago, annyshay said:

My health journey with nerd fitness began in March 2012. I've been here on the forums for 8 years. I feel like I've been there and back again in that time, so it's only appropriate to return to my roots as a hobbit for the 10th Anniversary Challenge.

When did we become friends? That was in the Gryffendarlings era... man bringing back memories... I have learned a lot from you over the years. :love_heart:

giphy.webp

We're a squad staying together.

• Like 3

Mrs.Van Starting from Scratch 🦸  👱‍♀️

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I love how you have picked core feelings,and then make choices based on that. Really,I think we believe that our choice are so well thought out and rational, when the truth is we really make most decisions on our feelings.

It's been great watching your journey over the years. I like back at my old challenges, and I was really hard on myself, and somehow I thought that would motivate me to do more. I'm glad I had people like you on my journey reminding me of the things that really matter 

EG, thank you for these kind words. You've likewise inspired me with your balance and tenacity and joy. *hugs*

4 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

When did we become friends? That was in the Gryffendarlings era... man bringing back memories... I have learned a lot from you over the years. :love_heart:

giphy.webp

We're a squad staying together.

When was the Gryffindarlings era? It's been a few years at least. So so so glad to have you in my squad, darling.

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

Tuesday w0d3

Frodo - Write

- wrote more than 100 words on my novel

- research - read and took notes on an article for my new work project

Sam - Friends

- went to women's group and had some great conversations

Merry - Budget

- updated my budget on YNAB (you need a budget)

Pippin - Move

- rest day

• Like 5

Love as thou wilt.

2 hours ago, annyshay said:

When was the Gryffindarlings era? It's been a few years at least. So so so glad to have you in my squad, darling.

OMG, that's been a while, but it was fun.  

• Like 3

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

43 minutes ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

OMG, that's been a while, but it was fun.  

I looked up my NF history this morning. Not precise as in this month we did that and this month we did that, but I joined NF in Jan.2015, first challenge as a Recruit, and then I went over to the Assassins. And it was in one (or two or more) of their mini challenges that we became the Gryffendarlings. And we just stayed friends through thick and thin, through various groups and changes... You guys are the best.

went to women's group and had some great conversations

Sounds great!

• Like 1

Mrs.Van Starting from Scratch 🦸  👱‍♀️

4 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

I looked up my NF history this morning. Not precise as in this month we did that and this month we did that, but I joined NF in Jan.2015, first challenge as a Recruit, and then I went over to the Assassins. And it was in one (or two or more) of their mini challenges that we became the Gryffendarlings. And we just stayed friends through thick and thin, through various groups and changes... You guys are the best.

Sounds great!

2015 sounds about right. :)

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

Following along :) 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24High School [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Hey, Happy Birthday!!!   🎉

• Thanks 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Happy birthday!! Have a great day!

• Thanks 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

On 2/11/2020 at 3:03 AM, annyshay said:

it's only appropriate to return to my roots as a hobbit for the 10th Anniversary Challenge. 

YESSSS welcome back to the Shire! IIRC you were doing a hobbit challenge the first time I posted in the Adventurers, and it gave me the encouragement I needed to post my own Tolkien ramblings.

On 2/11/2020 at 3:03 AM, annyshay said:

84b9bfd4db2172e60c2f1454dd6b74fd.jpg

Oh, the Travellers :wub: Tell them I need their help with some ruffians in Bag End :) 

Here for all the hobbity goodness! 

• Like 2

hröa Periano, sanar Eldaro, fëa Núnatano

(body of a Hobbit, mind of an Elf, soul of a Dúnadan)

Memories of a former Age [ 1 |  2 ]  ~  Return from Mandos [ respawn ]

Recent sojourns in Middle-earth [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 ]

[ Current: Hobbitry ]   ~   [ Tracking spreadsheet ]   ~   [ Instagram ]   ~   [ Books ]  

The warrior and the artist live by the same code of necessity, which dictates that the battle must be fought anew every day.  ~ Steven Pressfield, The War of Art

14 hours ago, annyshay said:

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone!

giphy-downsized-large.gif 

I hope it was a lovely day filled with blessings and smiles. You deserve some joy and happiness.

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Returns to Middle Earth

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has Hope

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

10 hours ago, oromendur said:

YESSSS welcome back to the Shire! IIRC you were doing a hobbit challenge the first time I posted in the Adventurers, and it gave me the encouragement I needed to post my own Tolkien ramblings.

Oh, the Travellers :wub: Tell them I need their help with some ruffians in Bag End :) 

Here for all the hobbity goodness! 

source.gif

Having a small part in inspiring such a Tolkein virtuoso warms my hobbity heart.

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.