• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

annyshay

Annyshay Returns to the Shire

84b9bfd4db2172e60c2f1454dd6b74fd.jpg

My health journey with nerd fitness began in March 2012. I've been here on the forums for 8 years. I feel like I've been there and back again in that time, so it's only appropriate to return to my roots as a hobbit for the 10th Anniversary Challenge. 

My goals have done a 180 since I started on the site. I was doing multiple strength training work outs, whole 30s, and otherwise pushing my body to be smaller than it wanted to be. My mental health was spiraling as I was focused on the one thing that I thought I could control. My story is not typical for nerd fitness, but I have mostly gone on a journey of healing during these 8 years and made huge strides in a Health at Every Size approach. A lot of this comes out of my work with my health coach, Amy Clover, who is an amazing beacon of light. 

I talked last challenge about how I set core desired feelings for 2020 and am trying to make my choices line up with feeling more that way. Those core desired feelings are - love, holy, communion, nurturing, and joy. Feeling more of these feelings is my main goal. 

Frodo - Write

Sam - Friends

Merry - Budget

Pippin - Move

lotr.jpg

• Like 12

Following along again.

From way behind.

You don't realize it at first, but when you stop, you hear the pitter patter of little feet for a few paces. Loud enough not to ignore, but quiet enough to think it's not real.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along again.

From way behind.

You don't realize it at first, but when you stop, you hear the pitter patter of little feet for a few paces. Loud enough not to ignore, but quiet enough to think it's not real.

Little bit?!

.... or something more... sinister?

;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Following! :D 

1 hour ago, WolfDreamer said:

Following and always here for support and merry mischief. 

Welcome friends and mischief makers!

• Like 1

I love how you have picked core feelings,and then make choices based on that. Really,I think we believe that our choice are so well thought out and rational, when the truth is we really make most decisions on our feelings.

It's been great watching your journey over the years. I like back at my old challenges, and I was really hard on myself, and somehow I thought that would motivate me to do more. I'm glad I had people like you on my journey reminding me of the things that really matter 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, annyshay said:

My health journey with nerd fitness began in March 2012. I've been here on the forums for 8 years. I feel like I've been there and back again in that time, so it's only appropriate to return to my roots as a hobbit for the 10th Anniversary Challenge.

When did we become friends? That was in the Gryffendarlings era... man bringing back memories... I have learned a lot from you over the years. :love_heart:

giphy.webp

We're a squad staying together.

Edited by ElizeElvinFoxRyder
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I love how you have picked core feelings,and then make choices based on that. Really,I think we believe that our choice are so well thought out and rational, when the truth is we really make most decisions on our feelings.

It's been great watching your journey over the years. I like back at my old challenges, and I was really hard on myself, and somehow I thought that would motivate me to do more. I'm glad I had people like you on my journey reminding me of the things that really matter 

EG, thank you for these kind words. You've likewise inspired me with your balance and tenacity and joy. *hugs*

4 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

When did we become friends? That was in the Gryffendarlings era... man bringing back memories... I have learned a lot from you over the years. :love_heart:

giphy.webp

We're a squad staying together.

When was the Gryffindarlings era? It's been a few years at least. So so so glad to have you in my squad, darling.

• Like 2

Tuesday w0d3

Frodo - Write

- wrote more than 100 words on my novel

- research - read and took notes on an article for my new work project

Sam - Friends

- went to women's group and had some great conversations

Merry - Budget

- updated my budget on YNAB (you need a budget)

Pippin - Move

- rest day

• Like 5

2 hours ago, annyshay said:

When was the Gryffindarlings era? It's been a few years at least. So so so glad to have you in my squad, darling.

OMG, that's been a while, but it was fun.  

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

OMG, that's been a while, but it was fun.  

I looked up my NF history this morning. Not precise as in this month we did that and this month we did that, but I joined NF in Jan.2015, first challenge as a Recruit, and then I went over to the Assassins. And it was in one (or two or more) of their mini challenges that we became the Gryffendarlings. And we just stayed friends through thick and thin, through various groups and changes... You guys are the best.

went to women's group and had some great conversations

Sounds great!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

I looked up my NF history this morning. Not precise as in this month we did that and this month we did that, but I joined NF in Jan.2015, first challenge as a Recruit, and then I went over to the Assassins. And it was in one (or two or more) of their mini challenges that we became the Gryffendarlings. And we just stayed friends through thick and thin, through various groups and changes... You guys are the best.

Sounds great!

2015 sounds about right. :)

• Like 1

Wednesday w0d4

Frodo - Write

Wrote more than 100 words on my novel

Read and article and took notes for my research

Sam - Friends

Chatted with several buddies over the course of the day

Merry - Budget

Updated my budget on YNAB (you need a budget)

Pippin - Move

Rest day

• Like 4

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone!

Thursday w0d5

Frodo - Write

Wrote more than 100 words on a blurb for my novel

Sam - Friends

Much facebook love, some texts, and a few cards/presents

Merry - Budget

Updated my budget on YNAB (you need a budget)

Pippin - Move

Rest day

• Like 4

On 2/11/2020 at 3:03 AM, annyshay said:

it's only appropriate to return to my roots as a hobbit for the 10th Anniversary Challenge. 

YESSSS welcome back to the Shire! IIRC you were doing a hobbit challenge the first time I posted in the Adventurers, and it gave me the encouragement I needed to post my own Tolkien ramblings.

On 2/11/2020 at 3:03 AM, annyshay said:

84b9bfd4db2172e60c2f1454dd6b74fd.jpg

Oh, the Travellers :wub: Tell them I need their help with some ruffians in Bag End :) 

Here for all the hobbity goodness! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, annyshay said:

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone!

giphy-downsized-large.gif 

I hope it was a lovely day filled with blessings and smiles. You deserve some joy and happiness.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, oromendur said:

YESSSS welcome back to the Shire! IIRC you were doing a hobbit challenge the first time I posted in the Adventurers, and it gave me the encouragement I needed to post my own Tolkien ramblings.

Oh, the Travellers :wub: Tell them I need their help with some ruffians in Bag End :) 

Here for all the hobbity goodness! 

source.gif

Having a small part in inspiring such a Tolkein virtuoso warms my hobbity heart.

• Like 1