GK finds that everything is fine

GodzillaKong

35x2ZFS.png

[Insert your name here], come on in. 

10 years of challenges, of which I've been a part of for (roughly) 3 years. I'll be reviewing my first attempt later on, but for now I'll be setting out my goals for this challenge, as tradition demands. The last one was all about getting back into the swing of things. This time round I'll be building on that. 

Get down to 120kg 

Previously i was aiming for 124kg, which i missed by a whisker. This is the next step and the overall goal which all other goals will be feeding. 

Sleep Better 

A fitting one as this was part of my first challenge. I will be aiming for 7 hours minimum every night. 

Breakfast Better

I always struggle with getting a good, solid brekkie in. I began doing this better towards the end of the last challenge and I'll be making sure to continue. 

tenor.gif?itemid=15661733

Add more weight 

To the barbell, not my belly. I've got back into the routine of lifting, my body is again used to it. It's time to add a little more. Not too much (see next goal) but i can do more. (details to follow). 

Fight the ego. 

I remember and miss the times, not so long ago, when I could lift so much more. And later un tge year i hope to be able to return to my Stronglifts 5x5 program. But for now I'm concentrating on losing weight. Which means lower weights for more reps. Don't go trying to squat 130kg again GK, no matter how much you want to. 

Books! 

This challenge I'll be aiming to finish the book I'm currently reading which is George Orwell's classic 1984.

My-Soulmate-Will-Be-Books.gif

Remember that everything is fine

I'm not where i want to be, physically. Nowhere close. But I'm doing well. Despite what the monkey on my shoulder tells me, I'm alright and if I stay on track, I'll get to where I want to be. I have to try and remember that. 

As you may have noticed, the theme for this challenge is The Good Place. So if you feel like it, feel free for some Good Place chat-therapy (what a finale!) 

• Like 2

Following! :)

For the ego-fighting lifting.

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31

5 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

My-Soulmate-Will-Be-Books.gif

I loved that show.  

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

10 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

Books! 

This challenge I'll be aiming to finish the book I'm currently reading which is George Orwell's classic 1984.

Awesome. I couldn't put that one down. It was horrible and compelling. 

I'm also here for the non-ego lifting. Humilifty? I'm doing it, too. It's my second choice, obviously, but here we are. 

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

2 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Here for the sleep and thirding non-ego lifting goals.

I haven't watched the show though. I know, I know. It's on my to do list!

watch it, it's 20 min eps with 13 eps seasons and only 4 seasons.  You can crush it quickly.

tenor.gif?itemid=14903615

• Like 2

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

^^ second. It's honestly my favorite show on tv right now  in recent memory

• Like 2

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

19 hours ago, Br0din said:

watch it, it's 20 min eps with 13 eps seasons and only 4 seasons.  You can crush it quickly.

1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

^^ second. It's honestly my favorite show on tv right now  in recent memory

So, this totally counts as permission to make watching more TV a challenge goal, right? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

On 2/11/2020 at 11:13 AM, GodzillaKong said:

Fight the ego. 

I remember and miss the times, not so long ago, when I could lift so much more. And later un tge year i hope to be able to return to my Stronglifts 5x5 program. But for now I'm concentrating on losing weight. Which means lower weights for more reps. Don't go trying to squat 130kg again GK, no matter how much you want to. 

I feel this in my soul!  I've spent so much time being injured that I feel like I'm starting back at square one!  (First the hip, now the shoulders.)  Pretty sure that everyone in the gym is judging me.  (They're not.)  On the bright side, I've discovered some new (to me) things - Zercher Squats don't piss off any major joints and I've added in Bench Presses.  But it's a slow process of building back up and, well, pride.

• Like 3

Heather

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

8 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

Quick update on the challenge: i am ill. I've been fighting it for a week or so now and today my body has decided to give in. Nothing major at all, just a cold, but i feel bleugh. Hopefully it passes in a few days. 

Recovery speedily. 

39 minutes ago, Seduisante said:

I feel this in my soul!  I've spent so much time being injured that I feel like I'm starting back at square one!  (First the hip, now the shoulders.)  Pretty sure that everyone in the gym is judging me.  (They're not.)  On the bright side, I've discovered some new (to me) things - Zercher Squats don't piss off any major joints and I've added in Bench Presses.  But it's a slow process of building back up and, well, pride.

Feeling the same, but from sickness, not injury. Was worried people were inwardly laughing at my bench yesterday. Probably they were not.

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Well that sucked. 

Instead of getting better, i got worse. Not only did i miss that week, but i also missed last week as well. But finally (finally!) some good news. 

1) back in the gym yesterday. I still have a cough, but it's nothing like it was before and doesn't stop me from working out anymore. Going again today. Nevertheless, i am massively behind where i wanted to be. 

2) i finished 1984 yesterday. 

3) being off work for a few days gave me a chance to do some heavy duty netflixing. Tried going with The Good Place but that ending is still too raw. Instead i started watching Dark which i cannot recommend enough. It is absolutely my new favourite thing to obsess about. I watched the 2 available seasons by myself, then watched them all again with my wife 😂

• Like 2

False alarm everyone. Still feeling rubbish. What with Coronavirus kicking about I've decided to shut it down for the rest of the week. Super frustrating but better safe than sorry. 

@JustCallMeAmber it's a science fiction thriller series on Netflix. It's German but dubbed (you get used to it after a while). Nearest thing i can compare it to is a darker (no pun intended) version of Stranger Things, with shades of Twin Peaks and True Detective (season 1). Weird, but good. 

• Like 2