Little & Mighty Redux

elinox

Main Quest
To live a healthy and balanced life by exercising and trying to eat healthy.

My motivation
In honor of Nerd Fitness’s 10th birthday, I thought I’d be nostalgic as well. So, for my 36th challenge here, I’m going back to the Warrior’s Guild to focus on strength training. 

It’s been over a year and a half since I was with the Warrior’s Guild and that challenge was not successful. The only one I’ve failed! 

I started here back in 2014, after having dropped weight and started a fitness routine on my own. However, with Nerd Fitness, I honed my focus and added muscle.  For this challenge, I want to get back to my Warrior roots and lift all the heavy things!

I’ve maintained the 1200 calories per day, M-F with blow meals on the weekends and have been going to the gym for about 45 minutes M-F, but I’ve found loopholes and caved in more than I should so I’m still keeping to that calorie count. 

And as I enjoy doing themed workouts, and in the spirit of nostalgia, I’m going back to one of my earliest themes with Murphy from the Dresden Files as my mascot. I realize it would’ve been simpler to go with a Game of Thrones theme, but as I feel that’s a poor example of fantasy, I went with something better. ;)

Smaller Quests

1. Ironborn - muscle definition from Darebee.com

I enjoy weight lifting; it makes me feel better about my body and it has real-world, practical uses too. 

For this quest, I’m going to follow another Darebee fitness program. I like bicep curls, so the Ironborn challenge seems right up my alley. This will be a different sort of strength training because it focuses more on getting to muscle fatigue rather than getting to a high number of reps by adding more weight. I’m sure I will be very, very stiff for 30 days!

Scoring: x/30 days
Reward: +5 to STR (+1 for every 6 days completed)

2. Animal Flow

To off-set the strength training, I will be going back to Animal Flow for movement practice. I think, in addition to the Ironborn workout, this will help keep me from being too stiff as it will encourage me to stretch and focus on how my body is moving. 

Scoring: x/25 days
Reward: +5 to DEX (+1 for every week completed)

3. Read

I feel like I’ve fallen behind in how often I read. It doesn’t seem like I make enough time to do so any more, so I haven’t been getting through as many books as I’d like. And since my to read pile is enormous, I need to get on that!

I want to read for at least 20 minutes a day, M-F. 

Scoring: x/25 days
Reward: +5 to WIS (+1 for every week completed)

yh9a7xXcza2CUz4j8o_4SKh5B4m1DOMs5L5Yn6G0KFLJhU5Gfl8dTVcSxuNp2Y-RkIrEEO8TbAlYJevyFIaqIUBj0EpTpDIsDXdds3e1wnZe4gA7EjEWu_I43HP6eYnHHCfnxkE

• Like 2

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

200.gif

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

34 minutes ago, elinox said:

I feel like I’ve fallen behind in how often I read. It doesn’t seem like I make enough time to do so any more, so I haven’t been getting through as many books as I’d like. And since my to read pile is enormous, I need to get on that!

I can't seem to remember... were you invited to the Reading Challenge 2020 thread in the PVP forum? If not, you're invited now! Come join the reading nerds!

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

7 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

I can't seem to remember... were you invited to the Reading Challenge 2020 thread in the PVP forum? If not, you're invited now! Come join the reading nerds!

I have not, so thanks for that! *wanders off to check it out* ;) 

• Like 2

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

All kinds of people heading home this time around.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Yay!!!! Welcome back. Sorry you failed your last time here, we will try to prevent that this time :) 

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

5 hours ago, Grumble said:

Failure is just an unrealized success. You've got this.

It's really just that Darebee programs are HARD. And since that one was the Spartan Challenge, I guess I didn't know what I was getting into when I signed up! 😆

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

Very nice! I just started the Darbee Ironborn myself. Looking forward to comparing notes. 😀

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

Darebee is many programs.

I've used them on business trips when no gym was available. :) 

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

24 minutes ago, h3r0 said:

When do you start the program? 

The challenge officially starts tomorrow 2/16/2020. ;) 

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

1 hour ago, elinox said:

The challenge officially starts tomorrow 2/16/2020. ;) 

Good luck. Have fun training! 

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

Ironborn: 2/30 - I did yesterday's and today's together since I was diving yesterday. Tomorrow I will pay for this, I'm sure! :P 

Animal Flow: 1/25 - bear, rabbit, crab

Reading: 1/25

• Like 3

Current Challenge: 

Ironborn: 3/30

Animal Flow: 2/25 - komodo dragon, duck, flamingo

Reading: 2/25

• Like 2

Current Challenge: 

Ironborn: 4/30

Animal Flow: 3/25 - donkey, cougar, chimpanzee 

Reading: 3/25

• Like 2

Current Challenge: 

I feel like the animals listed together in each of your posts could work great for writing prompts. What would cause a komodo dragon, a duck, and a flamingo, to be in the same place at the same time, and what would they be doing...?

Book Riot Challenge 2021

4 hours ago, elinox said:

Ironborn: 4/30

Animal Flow: 3/25 - donkey, cougar, chimpanzee 

Reading: 3/25

3 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

I feel like the animals listed together in each of your posts could work great for writing prompts. What would cause a komodo dragon, a duck, and a flamingo, to be in the same place at the same time, and what would they be doing...?

Oh yeah, I have no actual idea what animal flow is. I assume you pick up animals and do tai chi poses with them. 

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

13 hours ago, Harriet said:
17 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Oh yeah, I have no actual idea what animal flow is. I assume you pick up animals and do tai chi poses with them. 

I'm using poses from this book. But the idea is to do movements that resemble a specific species of animal. For example, the donkey kicks I did yesterday you lean forward onto your hands and then kick your feet up and back, like a donkey kicking. ;)

And if a komodo dragon, a duck and a flamingo are in the same place, they're clearly in a bar, hanging out, and it's likely the start of a bad joke. 🤣

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

8 minutes ago, elinox said:

I'm using poses from this book. But the idea is to do movements that resemble a specific species of animal.

Okay, that seems perfectly sensible. But to be honest, now I'm imagining a yoga person (with yoga gear and yoga hair) very seriously and slowly making a series of shadow animals on the wall with her hands, with a beautiful zen expression. 

• Haha 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

51 minutes ago, elinox said:

And if a komodo dragon, a duck and a flamingo are in the same place, they're clearly in a bar, hanging out, and it's likely the start of a bad joke. 🤣

The bad joke would be if they're walking into the bar. If they're already there, we are more likely in some kind of weird cartoon.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

1 hour ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Welcome back! How're you feeling, about a week into the program you're running?

I'm enjoying Ironborn and it feels good to be weight lifting again. However, I am NOT enjoying the Animal Flow and I think that has caused me to be more stiff than the weight lifting is!

Ironborn: 5/30

Animal Flow: 4/25 - leopard, frog, condor

Reading: 4/25

Current Challenge: