Little & Mighty Redux

elinox

Ironborn: 24/30 - Because I am an over-achiever! Actually it's more because with starting my new job on Wednesday, I have no idea if/when I'll get to workout!

• Like 1

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

Getting close to finishing up with magic number 30! Very nice 

• Thanks 1

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

Ironborn: 25/30

Animal Flow: 15/25 - alligator, rabbit, seal (which I am never doing again!)

Reading: 18/25

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Now that you are nearing the end of Iron Born, what are your thoughts on it? I'm looking for lifting program I can do at home for the next few weeks.

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

4 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

Now that you are nearing the end of Iron Born, what are your thoughts on it? I'm looking for lifting program I can do at home for the next few weeks.

I've enjoyed it, as has @h3r0 who's doing it too. I 've found it challenging enough that I'm a bit stiff the next day, but not too hard that I cannot do the lifting. I would recommend it and I would do it again. ;) 

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge: 

6 minutes ago, elinox said:

I've enjoyed it, as has @h3r0 who's doing it too. I 've found it challenging enough that I'm a bit stiff the next day, but not too hard that I cannot do the lifting. I would recommend it and I would do it again. ;) 

I liked it. The 30s rest times are brutal. Very different from how I usually train. It is pump training so it makes your muscles pop. 

Elinox, what results have you seen? Do you think you have built muscle on the program? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, h3r0 said:

Elinox, what results have you seen? Do you think you have built muscle on the program? 

Maybe? I'm not really sure. I feel better for doing it, but I'm not sure I've put on more muscle yet. Of course, I'm not sure I did the counting sets properly, so there's that. 🤔

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge: 

Thank you both! I may give it a shot, since lifting is my anti-anxiety medication, and working from home is going to make that worse enough as it is.

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

Ironborn: 30/30 = DONE!

Animal Flow: 20/25 - cougar, rabbit, donkey

Reading: 23/25

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Current Challenge: 

41 minutes ago, elinox said:

Ironborn: 30/30 = DONE!

Animal Flow: 20/25 - cougar, rabbit, donkey

Reading: 23/25

That is awesome! 

• Thanks 1

Animal Flow: 21/25 - komodo dragon, duck, alligator

Reading: 24/25

And I did more Ironborn today. I'm quarantined, so I figured why not? Although this time, I'm going to try to go through the exercises faster. Before, I waited 30 seconds between reps. Now, I'm going to only pause for a few before continuing. After trying it that way this morning, my muscles felt different!

Current Challenge: 

Challenge Recap

1. Ironborn
Scoring: 30/30 days
Reward: +5 to STR (+1 for every 6 days completed)

I enjoyed this particular workout from Darebee and completed it successfully. I found the exercises mildly challenging, enough to have me be a little bit stiff the next day, but not so hard that I gave up on any of them.

However, I’m not sure I counted the sets right. With the 4 sets, I counted them, as an example as: 16, 14, 12, 10 reps with 30 seconds rest between each (16 reps, 30 seconds rest, 14 reps, 30 seconds rest, etc.) and then 2 minutes between that and the next exercise. I went through them once like that, rather than 4 different sets of 16, 14, 12, 10 reps, or 64, 56, 48, 40 total. I’m not sure which counting method was right, but had I done it the later way, I doubt I could’ve done it since my arms would’ve fallen off!

2. Animal Flow
Scoring: 22/25 days
Reward: +5 to DEX (+1 for every week completed)

This one I found the most challenging for this challenge. For some reason, the animal poses seemed harder than before. Perhaps it’s just been that long, but I got out of breath and sweaty for each pose. It was frustrating and I’m annoyed with myself. But at least I (mostly) won this one. 

3. Reading
Scoring: 25/25 days
Reward: +5 to WIS (+1 for every week completed)

Yay for more reading! I loved putting time aside to read each day so this may have to continue in other challenges going forward.

All in all, another successful challenge won! Here’s to another great 10 years of challenges NF!

• Like 1

Current Challenge: