Elastigirl /Back To The Future

Elastigirl

This weekend I made a homemade staff out of a wooden dowel, washers, and athletic tape. Excite!!! The staff is super fun to practice with. The light saber is fun, but it is heavy and also I worry about dropping it. This way I can do most of my practicing with the staff, and  then at the end of practice switch to the saber.

Rangers gonna Ranger:

I've been thinking about this.Sometimes I beat myself up because I don't stick with something long enough to be an expert. But, I'm realizing that part of it for me is just the challenge of something new. And doing that keeps me motivated. And thus, it keeps me moving. And while I may not be an expert, I am adaptable and my skill at learning new things is improving(thanks @Mad Hatter for that insight) Right now I'm super pumped about the staff training. And so I am going to play with it awhile. And then when I'm tired of it, I'll move on, and maybe pick it up later.Because I am a Ranger, and Rangers gonna Ranger. This year, I'm going to stop feeling guilty about that, and just embrace it. I generally pick some sort of program and work through it, and I will still do that. But other than that, I am going to chase all the shinies my heart desires

• Like 13

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

14 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

This weekend I made a homemade staff out of a wooden dowel, washers, and athletic tape. Excite!!! The staff is super fun to practice with. The light saber is fun, but it is heavy and also I worry about dropping it. This way I can do most of my practicing with the staff, and  then at the end of practice switch to the saber.

source.gif

• Like 2

Good to see you are still here EG :) I didn't realise you had been active on here for so long, super impressive!

Myself and a couple friends are making lightsabers as a arduino/3d printing project atm. I will totally be following any lightsaber related stuff with a ton of interest :D

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Yeah, but you circle back to things, except for the worm apparently; it’s a system that works for you.

Or perhaps I just don't video and show you guys everything I do.😉

15 hours ago, Fonzico said:

10 years of crushing it! Crazy, where did a decade go?? I think I've only been on the boards for 7 years myself, but still. 

Lightsaber workouts sound unbelievably fun! 

I haven't been on here all 10 years, but it has been 9 years. I have no idea how the time went so fast.

7 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Good to see you are still here EG :) I didn't realise you had been active on here for so long, super impressive!

Myself and a couple friends are making lightsabers as a arduino/3d printing project atm. I will totally be following any lightsaber related stuff with a ton of interest :D

Oh, that would be a cool 3D project! And, hi, glad to see you, I need to go find your challenge

• Like 1

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Put a sticker on my chart for tracking in MFP yesterday

It was sunny, so I got to practice my staff  tricks. Also did a kettlebell workout.

Today I did  a rowing workout, thanks to @Rinna It was a workout/skills training and really good. I was able to  really get a better feel for the movement.I put it on our TV and followed along, keeping pace with the instructor

This week is a short week for me.We are headed for a mini vacation to San Diego. Just a few days Using our frequent flier miles for a little getaway. Hopefully see a bit of sun. My list to get done this week is short

have b-day lunch with friend

lunch with church friends

laundry, pack

charge all the things

For vacation eating, I am not tracking in MFP. Since we had vacation and holidays, I'm not going full  eat anything it's vacation, but I am not going to be super strict either. I will eat some salads, or meat and veggies, and some treats, sort of follow Steve's rule of no two in a row (if I have a huge meal than make the next one more sensible) We are going to Sea World 1 day, but the other days we are going to relax. Ok, honestly, I don't do so good at the just sitting  around thing, but hubby would like some just relaxing time, so I am going to work on relaxing😁

And now I am going to go do some urban rangering and light saber training

• Like 8

hi there! I loved getting a glimpse of baby-ranger OG EG from 9 years ago. thank you for sharing that!

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Ohhh your mini getaway sounds great! And so does your eating plan for it :) 

a friend of mine and good kettlebell/handstand coach lives and teaches there if you need something to do while mr Incredible relaxes ;)

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

15 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Please keep us posted about this.

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

And now I am going to go do some urban rangering and light saber training

I love how casually you say this. It makes my geek happy.

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

23 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Please keep us posted about this.

I love how casually you say this. It makes my geek happy.

😃 Urban rangering is just basically walking around my neighborhood. @Cheetah was saying we  having the term hiking for in the woods, so we needed a cooler term for walking in the city. I guess technically I was suburban Rangering, but that doesn't sound near as cool😲

7 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

OMG LIGHTSABER TRAINING

OMG STAFF TRAINING

OMG

I know, I like it just for the nerdy cool factor!

• Like 4

It was cold, but super sunny. The last two days have been mega sunny, which is soooo nice after all the gray days. I wanted to make sure I had time to workout and go for a walk. So, I got up, had a smoothie and worked out before my friends came for prayer. Then we all went out to lunch to celebrate my friend's lunch. Then a few of us went for a walk along the river. It's a paved trail, some woods, some apartments. Not sure if it counts as Urban Rangering or hiking. Then I came home and did a bit of practice on the staff. Getting better at the forward eight and reverse. Worked on the switch hand. I was struggling, and was kind of frustrated, but reminded myself that this was only the second day for that move. N

Tracked on MFP. Ibit of guestimate since we ate out. and then I made soup for dinner. Also just paid attention to hunger signals

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Urban Rangering or hiking

I think Urban Rangering also can include parks and forested areas.  Think Central Park in NYC.  Definitely urban, but also wooded.  But more importantly I think is how you felt about what you were doing.  If you felt like you went on a hike, then you were hiking.  If you felt suburban, then it was Suburban Rangering.  It's in the eye of the beholder for sure.

• Like 4

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

On 2/19/2020 at 9:06 PM, Elastigirl said:

It's a paved trail, some woods, some apartments. Not sure if it counts as Urban Rangering or hiking.

In some ways, I think walking a lot of pavement is harder than on the ground .... no "give" to it.  Either way, it's a positive thing.  Also .... sunshine!!!  We've had too little of it here over the past month too.  

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

11 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

In some ways, I think walking a lot of pavement is harder than on the ground .... no "give" to it.  Either way, it's a positive thing.  Also .... sunshine!!!  We've had too little of it here over the past month too.  

I think grass or even dirt is much easier to walk on then pavement. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 10:06 PM, Elastigirl said:

It was cold, but super sunny. The last two days have been mega sunny, which is soooo nice after all the gray days. I wanted to make sure I had time to workout and go for a walk. So, I got up, had a smoothie and worked out before my friends came for prayer. Then we all went out to lunch to celebrate my friend's lunch. Then a few of us went for a walk along the river. It's a paved trail, some woods, some apartments. Not sure if it counts as Urban Rangering or hiking. Then I came home and did a bit of practice on the staff. Getting better at the forward eight and reverse. Worked on the switch hand. I was struggling, and was kind of frustrated, but reminded myself that this was only the second day for that move. N

Tracked on MFP. Ibit of guestimate since we ate out. and then I made soup for dinner. Also just paid attention to hunger signals

Sounds like you're busy being a badass :) 

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

On 2/23/2020 at 7:22 PM, NightWatcher13 said:

Sounds like you're busy being a badass :) 

Thanks

On 2/23/2020 at 6:15 PM, Xena said:

Just popping by, and happy to see that you are still killing it!

Hi there, thanks!

9 hours ago, Cheetah said:

How is your week going?

Went well. Thanks for asking. The first part of the week was normal, thenThursday afternoon we went away for a  mini vacation. 

Week 2 update

Goals: Tracked Food Monday-Wednesday; I'll talk about vacation eating below

Fun Fitness goals; do repeats of the workouts from 2011, nope I keep forgetting

Experiment with post workout food : One thing that worked well was to do half a scoop of protein powder, banana, and1 TB of almond butter. That kept my satiated for a while. I'd dropped the almond butter before because it adds up in calories, but if I just do half a scoop of protein powder, then it's not that much, especially if it keeps me full loonger.

Vacation update

We had a wonderful trip We went to San Diego. Our hotel looked at over the marina on Mission Bay. 

Friday:went out to breakfast. Had bacon , eggs, and fried potatoes.Ate until vacation full (which is a bit fuller than normal but not overstuffed)

The place where we ate was the old navy training center, now it has shops and museums. So after breakfast we walked around a bit. We walked to Trader Jo's and bought some premade salads for lunch, some cooked chicken and veggies for breakfast, some sweet potato chips and some dark chocolate. Then we drove back to the hotel and hung out by the pool. The weather was warm, upper 60's, so nice to be outside, but not warm enough to swim. We had bought a bag of sweet potato chips, and we did manage to almost finish the bag while we were out there. But, they also had a pool bar, and I skipped that, which saved money and calories. In the evening we went for a walk around the marina. We had some geocaches, but they were further than we thought, so we decided to call it , and went back to the hotel. We went out to In-N- Out for burgers and fries. I had two hamburger patties(they are small) and split an order of fries with hubby. It was nice. I got a favorite treat, French fries, but didn't feel overly full. My Fitbit said 14,000 steps

Saturday

We went to SeaWorld. We woke up to the sound of pouring rain. I was a bit worried, but the weather report said that rain chance lessened throughout the day.And a lot of exhibits are inside. We got there a bit before the park opened and it was pouring down rain.  Then we went to the Sea turtle exhibit, which was in a building, and when we came out the rain had stopped. The day was mostly cloudy with some sunbreaks, and an occasional sprinkle. And my nose got a little sun burned. We really enjoyed  the day. 

They had options for salads and fruits for meals, so I was able to get some meat with salads instead of fries. We had a snack of pineapple whip (non dairy).They were huge, so we split one, and then split a fruit cup of pineapple and watermelon. After the day we went back to the hotel, and then went down to the hot tub. Ended the day at 18,000 steps

Sunday

We went to Coronado Beach. At the beach is a hotel that was built in 1880, and is the second largest wooden building in the US. We read books and people watched on the beach, then walked down to see the Hotel Del Coronado. DId  a bit of geocaching, one was a virtual cache, where you just took a picture of the hotel, one we couldn't find, and one was at a nearby park. I had a premade salad for lunch, and a bunch of veggie chips. We found an awesome gelato place where I had  mango and chocolate sorbet. For dinner, I found a really good place. It was counter service, so cheaper than a sit down restaurant.  But healthier and tastier than fast food. I had salmon, roast veggies, and a green salad. 

MOnday

I wanted a chance to be in the sun before we had to leave. So , we set the alarm for 7:30. I had lunchmeat, nuts, and fruit for breakfast. We went for another walk around the marina, and then drove to a park overlooking the bay. Sat in the sun and read books until it was time to leave for the airport. We had lunch at the airport, which had very few choices.  I had a salad. But it was the kind of salad I hate.Mostly lettuce, a small amount of meat, and berries. I did buy some peanut butter dark chocolate cups for on the plane though. And I had a Larabar. Even so, I was super hungry by the time our plane landed. My kind brother in law picked us up, and took us to his house (where our car was) and then made us dinner. I had12,000 steps that day

Overall: Yes, I feel like I hit my goal of not going totally overboard, but also relaxing and having vacation treats. And today is back to normal

I haven't done much in my long term goals so I need to do some this week.This weekend is a women's conference so not a ton of time

Go through and match lids to pans, throw out mismatch

one drawer

Look at photos and start to organize (aim for 30 minutes)

Also this week

edit this trip, put photos on Instagram and here

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

match lids to pans

We have an entire drawer full of tupperware lids that mostly don't have tupperware any more.  I'm not allowed to throw any of them away.  I hope your clean-out goes well!

• Like 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

We have an entire drawer full of tupperware lids that mostly don't have tupperware any more.  I'm not allowed to throw any of them away.  I hope your clean-out goes well!

I’m not allowed to throw ours out either. It drives me crazy.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Sounds like a nice mini-vacation! :) 

What is the conference about? 

46 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

35 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’m not allowed to throw ours out either. It drives me crazy.

You guys have my heartfelt sympathies. 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram