• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ElizeElvinFoxRyder

ElizeElvinFoxRyder - Full Circle in five years

On 2/21/2020 at 2:42 PM, lucky fire dragon said:

so good to see you rocking as always and peaceful times with relations are always such a blessing. With close family, in-laws or home family it's very easy to take things personally - how helpful to hear your mil's friends describe her like that :D and them loving her dearly.

Hope the blackouts are manageable and you get enough rest. My hubby says btw that he was invited to a Facebook group called "I'm staying" or something along those lines - he isn't living in South Africa even but here in Germany with me, but got invited anyway and he says they share all kinds of positive news that keep the spirits up. Even after immigration it could be an emotional boost for your family and you - just wanted to let you know.

Have a good weekend, too, Amazon Elize! 

I'm glad she has good friends. A couple phoned every now and then to find out how she was doing. I'm hoping that she is seriously considering moving to a retirement village this year. There are a couple in the big town we went to where some of her friends are living now, and they love it. As they are still very mobile, they are able to come and go as they please, but still have an emergency button they can press if they need nursing assistance or something in that line.

I know about that group on Fb. Was also asked to join, but... when I look around and go about town, I see and experience positiveness, unfortunately we are just being bombarded by negativity from government side, which is what causes all the trouble.

On 2/21/2020 at 9:35 PM, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Honestly, from your stories, I can't imagine anyone wanting to stay.  Blackouts and crime .... ugh.  You are amazingly strong to raise a family there.  But I'll be glad when you're somewhere safer!!

One of those news discussions mentioned again the stats of people emigrating, and actually the numbers in other racial groups moving out of South Africa permanently are higher than those of whites. Unfortunately South Africa is very focused on race, because it is used by government as divider. So everyone who is able, seems to be taking their stuff to leave. The general lawlessness is also a serious issue. Not just crime, but people breaking traffic laws, etc. is definitely increasing.

On 2/24/2020 at 2:06 PM, The Hero of Time said:

If you've got to the stage of making finer adjustments to how you react, that's probably a good indication of just how far you've come. Perhaps those comments from her friends may make your MIL think.

I think she is too set in her ways to really change, and ... basically everyone takes her as is, and no one takes her to task, it seems. Personally I think I have really grown, especially these last couple months. One night I was able to quietly tell her not to disrespect Brandt's position as head of our house. That he is the one to make the final decision on everything in our home, and because we have mutual respect and love for each other, we discuss things and will sort it out between us.

On 2/26/2020 at 7:22 AM, Elastigirl said:

Sounds like your prayers for a guard around your mouth and wisdom about speaking are working very well!  That is very kind of you to be there and help your m. I. l. When do you head home?

I think it did. I did answer her at times, but there were a lot that I just ignored or felt sorry for her. I didn't get angry or upset, but when I felt that I really had to answer to something she said, I did. For instance with regards to her interfering with her other son's marriage, how last July's visit there was truly stressful and actually horrible because of the way the three of them acted, her 'over-treating' the boys, disrespecting Brandt as head of our home, etc. But looking back at the last two weeks, I didn't react to half of the little things that I would have previously. It just didn't bother me. I kept going back to that little piece in the book about being mature in yourself, and having your identity in Christ, not yourself, not your husband, not anyone... but in Christ.

On 2/26/2020 at 9:36 PM, TGP said:

wow.

a riot!  glad you made it through.

like other people, I'm very glad you made it home safe and sound.

They started the day before, had a protest that morning, got violent just before I got there, but were disbursed in time that I (and of course all the other people driving through that town) could drive through peacefully, and then had another violent protest (riot) yesterday! They threw rocks at passing motorists, stopped vehicles, lit trucks on fire, and stole whatever they could. We were definitely protected. Angels worked hard!

Thanks, it is good to be home.

On 2/26/2020 at 11:06 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Glad you made it home, and Brandt got a taste of what you do all day.

Thanks, I was so relieved to get home.

When Brandt walked in the door last night, he gave this huge sigh and said that yes, he could see I was home again. The house was clean! :D I'm tackling the stoep today, and doing normal laundry. Yesterday were bed linen and other related stuff.

On 2/27/2020 at 5:03 AM, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Such good news!!!

Home sweet home  :love_heart:

19 hours ago, The Hero of Time said:

Phew, that was a close call with the riot! Glad to hear the journey was uneventful, otherwise.

Yip, so glad to get home safe.

Had two near accidents yesterday in town, unfortunately. One was when I stopped at the robot (traffic light), and a guy came barreling from behind, past me, and drove over the red light. I had to pull out of his way or he would have hit me! Then just a couple minutes later, driving up the street to our home, someone in a huge SUV came down the centre of the street, leaving me no space, and I had to swerve again to not be hit. As I swerved the front passenger wheel unfortunately hit the side of someone's concrete driveway, and I damaged the tire. From there it was 350m up the road to our house, so I slowly drove home, parked the car, and phoned Brandt. He changed the tire last night. I'll have to take it in to be repaired today.

---------------------------------------------------

It seems we have trouble brewing in the area just over the hill from us today, as we can hear the sirens and people on megaphones talking from here! It never seems to end.

Appliance company fetched and fixed my free standing stove yesterday. It was tripping the electricity. Might have been damaged by the blackouts. They had to totally rewire the oven. I'll have to buy more surge protection plugs for the appliances.

Cold and rainy... autumn is starting to make it's appearance and making itself felt.

Brandt's racing car is finished! He is driving it around the street a bit, and applied for a license and number plates this morning. He is thrilled to put it mildly! He would have taken part in a dirt race tomorrow, but (luckily) it has been cancelled due to all the rain. I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend at home.

He has had a tentative job offer, but the salary they offered is way too low to satisfy immigration policy. He is still applying, and has had recruiters contact him and asked him to apply for certain jobs. I'll keep you posted.

Ok, now to tackle the stoep, then laundry, moving stuff around in the kitchen, so that I can have the stove in a different place. This afternoon the boys and I are also going to have a much needed hair cut. Busy, mostly relaxed day ahead.

XXX

• Like 5