KB Girl plunges into chaos

KB Girl

4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Saturday... 

- I lifted something today, several somethings, but not very enthusiastically and not for very long.

- I did enjoy my family today, I was rather chill handling a hyperactive 3 year old and we ate at my moms which was nice.

- I did not do anything from/for my list today, I should have really spend some time planning out training programs, I had time for it.. but I just had zero focus, so I did nothing. I did make a Facebook event for our annual kettlebell competition that'll be in April and opened up the registration. 

I'm still pretty amazed you lifted, even if it was languidly and briefly. Excellent.

• Thanks 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Today, Sunday, was a day of realising how incredibly good I have it. 

NF reminded me that I may not get maternity leave like other dutch women, but I can take it easy, I still have an income even if it'll be a bit lower and I can decide my own working hours in general and spend a lot of time with my family- this was the thought I woke up with.

Then our gym members reminded me that I'm incredibly lucky; they surprised me at the competition today with traditional 'baby girl' pink snacks, the chocolates I like, a really cool gift (a wobbelboard), a gift card and a card with a text that was along the lines of how happy they are with us and all the best wishes for us as a family of four. It made me cry. 

And they setup a call/key system so they can open the gym when the baby is born and so we just have to text one person and then not worry about it. 

The competition was really good, the atmosphere was very nice. It was a good reminder that despite all the problems internationally, all the hard work we're doing to keep the dutch community together and provide equality between men and women is really paying off. It was also a good reminder that my team is doing very well, they're lifting very well, they're nice to each other and all the other lifters, they take care of people... and it won't all fall apart if I have to miss the world championships in June. They'll be fine. And we have a bright future. 

• Like 9

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram

23 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Today, Sunday, was a day of realising how incredibly good I have it. 

NF reminded me that I may not get maternity leave like other dutch women, but I can take it easy, I still have an income even if it'll be a bit lower and I can decide my own working hours in general and spend a lot of time with my family- this was the thought I woke up with.

Then our gym members reminded me that I'm incredibly lucky; they surprised me at the competition today with traditional 'baby girl' pink snacks, the chocolates I like, a really cool gift (a wobbelboard), a gift card and a card with a text that was along the lines of how happy they are with us and all the best wishes for us as a family of four. It made me cry. 

And they setup a call/key system so they can open the gym when the baby is born and so we just have to text one person and then not worry about it. 

The competition was really good, the atmosphere was very nice. It was a good reminder that despite all the problems internationally, all the hard work we're doing to keep the dutch community together and provide equality between men and women is really paying off. It was also a good reminder that my team is doing very well, they're lifting very well, they're nice to each other and all the other lifters, they take care of people... and it won't all fall apart if I have to miss the world championships in June. They'll be fine. And we have a bright future. 

I love all of this ❤️

• Thanks 1
On 2/16/2020 at 9:37 PM, KB Girl said:

a really cool gift (a wobbelboard)

Really really cool!

Seems you have a great group there in your gym. Enjoy!

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

YOOOOO

• That's Metal 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 2/17/2020 at 3:01 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Lovely 😊 You built a good crew around you.

We've been really lucky! 

On 2/17/2020 at 10:14 PM, Ann of Vries said:

Following! Eee! You’re almost there!

Hey! That hat in your photo always makes me nostalgic, but I got it down from the attic and it will see use again next winter I'm sure :D 

11 hours ago, zenLara said:

Really really cool!

Seems you have a great group there in your gym. Enjoy!

We really do! Thank you! 

4 hours ago, raptron said:

YOOOOO

HII! welcome back! maybe turn back around though, this'll be an icky baby thread soon ;)

3 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Ahhhh that sounds like a wonderful Sunday! So cool to see the community you've helped to cultivate thrive in such a big way!

Yes! Very cool! :) Glad I didn't have to miss it too! 

Ofcourse I crashed hard on monday, but I managed to take the day mostly off work. I did a whole bunch of nothing, walked to the grocery store and walked back pulling a heavy cart full of groceries + 3 year old. We made our own pizza that was rather strange but tasty because the 3 year old decided what was to go on it. + salad.

Tuesday (today) was rather hard because I didn't sleep well, so I decided to give myself a pass on anything that required concentration. And I ate a lot of chocolates. Managed to get through the work day (three hours in the morning, three hours in the evening) thanks to a nice nap. I also lifted some things and since the gym was almost empty decided to film some of it because that will be fun to see again in a couple of years. 

Starting at midnight the baby is officially ready to be born and I can have a home birth if I want. Provided I do some laundry. 

I'm mostly good, if a bit more bothered by dog hair and other dirty things than usual. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Starting at midnight the baby is officially ready to be born and I can have a home birth if I want. Provided I do some laundry.

I wonder if the baby will helpfully wait until mama finishes laundry... 🤭

It's amazing that you're lifting! Great, great work!

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Thanks for posting your workout!

I agree with Harriet, that speed-walking makes it look cute ❤️

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

19 hours ago, KB Girl said:

HII! welcome back! maybe turn back around though, this'll be an icky baby thread soon ;)

Nooo, I'm excited for you! I just find the sheer size of their heads terrifying. Hahahah. 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

23 hours ago, starsapart said:

I wonder if the baby will helpfully wait until mama finishes laundry... 🤭

It's amazing that you're lifting! Great, great work!

She has too! otherwise I'll have no choice but to go to the hospital! :X 

Just two more days, it's in the machine now, I'll hang it out to dry tomorrow.. then just the ironing.. it'll be fine x) 

12 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Also because it's badass.

Ahh I was actually thinking I should maybe share some of it because we mostly see really badass women training during pregnancy... you know, either top athletes or model types. It might not be a bad thing to show someone who .. you know... waddles a bit.. and isn't stupid strong and has a real butt and thighs. 

4 hours ago, raptron said:

Nooo, I'm excited for you! I just find the sheer size of their heads terrifying. Hahahah. 

oh man if that was the only thing to worry about :D I at least know that the head will fit through. Be terrified for me instead? ;)

17 hours ago, Harriet said:

Hehehe. I love the speeded-up walking. It's cute. 

12 hours ago, zenLara said:

Thanks for posting your workout!

I agree with Harriet, that speed-walking makes it look cute ❤️

You two are clearly crazy! ;) as a trainer it makes me cringe... I'll have some serious work to do there before that goes back to functioning normally.. at least I don't need to be able to walk to be a good kettlebell lifter! :D

• Like 4

Wednesday was not so fun. I had a massive fight with Jaap this morning and it took us quite a while to resolve it. I'm usually the one that takes the first step in opening up / clearing up communication, and I'm not quite as good at that with these hormones enlarging all my emotions. And then there's the resentment that I always have to be the one to take that first step, especially because it involves being the first one to acknowledge you either did something wrong or you have empathy for the others feelings despite your own feelings. Resentment+hurt feelings do not make it easy to resolve something. (note that I'm not even sure it's true that I am always the first one, but it does feel that way.. also note that Jaap is the one that is really good at saying he's sorry, I kinda suck at it.) anyway. Not so fun. We're good though. 

Despite all that we did go on a forest walk together, with our 3yo and the dog, which was nice. I decided not to cook and just have some food from the freezer. That left me some energy to do some laundry and clean up a bit. 

I'm not getting the programs done for my athletes- I just can't focus. So each time I think I should just go to bed super early and then when I wake up I'll have mental energy, but it doesn't work out that way. So I think I'm going to stay up for a bit tonight and at least get started. Maybe that'll help me continue- it's starting to become this huge thing I'm dreading, which definitely does not help. (and I actually like writing programs, my heads just in the way, going all perfectionist on me). 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Oof. Marital spats are a normal part of married life, but they're still tough to navigate, and I can only imagine that the hormones and general discomfort of late pregnancy make it that much harder. I'm glad you worked through it, but I'm not surprised if you're emotionally drained after that - I know I always am. Good luck with the work. ❤️

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

12 hours ago, KB Girl said:

it's starting to become this huge thing I'm dreading, which definitely does not help. (and I actually like writing programs, my heads just in the way, going all perfectionist on me).

I know this feeling all too well. Breaking it down into smaller chunks, as you're doing by just doing a bit of it tonight (or is it last night, now?), seems to be the only thing that works.

Glad to hear you and Jaap worked things out. This degree of change is bound to result in uncertainty and stress.

Current Challenge: More treasure-hunting in Kakariko graveyard

Epic Quest: Kokiri Forest | Great Deku Tree | Great Deku Tree, part 2 - boss fight | Meeting Princess Zelda | In the royal tomb | Still in the royal tomb | Treasure-hunting in Kakariko graveyard

___

"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage." --- Hero's Shade, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

___

I help research into the Coronavirus with Rosetta@home and World Community Grid. You can too.

Sorry to hear about the fight, but thank you for being open and sharing - I so often have this mythology in my head of marriages free from spats of conflict, which I think I know isn't the case, but it's still some weird ideal I think I should be striving for in my own relationships.

Also, best of luck tackling the program writing - I can definitely relate to tasks becoming huge in my head even though they're objectively quite manageable.

• Like 1

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

42 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I so often have this mythology in my head of marriages free from spats of conflict

Oh, they exist. And they also tend to be free of passions, any deep emotions, any kind of spark, and any kind of genuine intimacy. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

2 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

Oh, they exist. And they also tend to be free of passions, any deep emotions, any kind of spark, and any kind of genuine intimacy. ;) 

7f1.gif

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads