KB Girl plunges into chaos

KB Girl

6 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Sorry to hear about the fight, but thank you for being open and sharing - I so often have this mythology in my head of marriages free from spats of conflict, which I think I know isn't the case, but it's still some weird ideal I think I should be striving for in my own relationships.

I think if you get two people with gentle temperaments who don't tread on each other's sore points too often because of a fortunate compatibility of ideas, and who practice really cooperative, peaceful, non-ego driven methods of communication, you will get away with many mild disagreements and only the very occasional more heated and upsetting fight. Maybe. 

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

I think if you get two people with gentle temperaments who don't tread on each other's sore points too often because of a fortunate compatibility of ideas, and who practice really cooperative, peaceful, non-ego driven methods of communication, you will get away with many mild disagreements and only the very occasional more heated and upsetting fight. Maybe. 

Maybe. But eventually, after however long, one of them will squeeze the toothpaste tube in the wrong spot one time too many, and the shit will hit the fan with impunity.

• Haha 3

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

9 hours ago, Harriet said:

And birds will be chirping, unicorns farting rainbows and pizza will grow on trees.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Maybe. But eventually, after however long, one of them will squeeze the toothpaste tube in the wrong spot one time too many, and the shit will hit the fan with impunity.

That's what I meant by an occasional more heated and upsetting fight. 

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

On 2/19/2020 at 11:19 PM, starsapart said:

Oof. Marital spats are a normal part of married life, but they're still tough to navigate, and I can only imagine that the hormones and general discomfort of late pregnancy make it that much harder. I'm glad you worked through it, but I'm not surprised if you're emotionally drained after that - I know I always am. Good luck with the work. ❤️

It does! as does having a small child right? you really need to learn how to effectively handle fights before children become part of the mix. 

On 2/20/2020 at 2:48 AM, Harriet said:

Ooh, sorry about the fight, that sounds stressful. I too, am generally gentle and empathetic to Mr Harriet, but am not usually the one who apologises. Maybe because it's not my fault? Just a hypothesis...

hehehehe, that's my hypothesis too, but Jaap assures me it's a faulty one.. I'm still not so sure :P 

On 2/20/2020 at 12:05 PM, The Hero of Time said:

I know this feeling all too well. Breaking it down into smaller chunks, as you're doing by just doing a bit of it tonight (or is it last night, now?), seems to be the only thing that works.

Glad to hear you and Jaap worked things out. This degree of change is bound to result in uncertainty and stress.

It is! and on top of all this he had his first day of quitting smoking, so that probably explains a lot. 

On 2/20/2020 at 8:41 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

Sorry to hear about the fight, but thank you for being open and sharing - I so often have this mythology in my head of marriages free from spats of conflict, which I think I know isn't the case, but it's still some weird ideal I think I should be striving for in my own relationships.

Also, best of luck tackling the program writing - I can definitely relate to tasks becoming huge in my head even though they're objectively quite manageable.

Always ready to shatter some illusions! :D no really, I think it's really 'healthy' to have a look at other peoples fights and struggles, just to put things into perspective a bit. 

I do think there are marriages without fights, but I think that's a very very bad sign.. then either nobody cares enough about the relationship anymore to fight, or it's all bottled up and comes out in really mean underhanded ways- not healthy. 

• Like 5

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Thursday I had a checkup with my midwife; she checked my blood pressure (perfect) and we listened to the heartbeat for a bit. It's nice and low, so the midwife said 'she must be sleeping' and then she got kicked :D I think it's low because she exercises with me. 

Then I had a regular workday, just made it slightly shorted than usual, so 6 hours with 4 classes. it was okay. 

Friday morning I had the ladies-strength class, we've had this class on Tuesday mornings for a year or so and now we added it to the roster on Fridays- it was good, and very pleasant that there were 4 regulars and 1 new lady who immediately signed a contract. It's a really nice class, I feel like I'm really making a difference here. Though admittedly it's sometimes shocking how many problems people walk around with. 

Also finally got around to that laundry that had been waiting for me- all that's left is ironing it. And I made a really nice tuna pasta, it was very simple and surprisingly tasty. 

Saturday I had some good coaching sessions in the morning, again love that I feel like I'm making a difference there. Then had Jaap help me with some mail I couldn't bring myself to handle. Came home for a nap and then went to my moms to celebrate both our upcoming birthdays over dinner with my siblings. We gave my mom a composting bin and they gave me a 'we'll take you out to dinner' which they also did 2 years ago and it was really nice to just go out to dinner as siblings- spouses are not invited :D so that'll be nice to do again. 

Tomorrow is my birthday and also carnaval. My daughter has been dressed up as a fairy princess for almost 2 weeks now, so I hope she'll have lots of fun. I don't like carnaval at all because people drink too much alcohol and go stupid. 

Extra note- I did work for 1,5 hours on writing programs Wednesday night and I made some good progress too, but unfortunately the barrier towards working more was still there the next morning.. I think I'm going to have to recruit Jaap to sit with me while I do it or maybe have some more late nights when I have the possibility to sleep in.. better hurry the F up with this though, don't want to have to think about it when this baby isn't quite as conveniently located. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

I do think there are marriages without fights, but I think that's a very very bad sign.. then either nobody cares enough about the relationship anymore to fight, or it's all bottled up and comes out in really mean underhanded ways- not healthy. 

Agreed!

I firmly believe that the myth that healthy and happy relationships are easy and free of conflicts, is a major contributor to the high divorce rates in modern society.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

Happy birthday! Have a great day!

• Thanks 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Haha, thank you all for the birthday wishes! I didn’t actually dress up... but here is a pic of the princess and her pet dragon;

C579B614-DEEA-447E-82F4-73AB002D01EB.jpeg.0a38818a5366c9aafa932a7246da32f7.jpeg

Unfortunately the carnaval parade was cancelled because of the very stormy weather.. it’s really sad for all those people who spend literally months building the wagons and making costumes..

we still spend the whole afternoon and early evening at my mother in laws house- she lives on the parade route- which was.. meh. We had fries for dinner, which I can quite enjoy occasionally, but not after a whole afternoon of cake and snacks. My daughter seemed to feel the same way, she had only 2 fries and requested yesterday’s leftovers when we arrived home. 

so I’m 32 now. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

so I’m 32 now. 

You're right, you and I are almost exactly a decade apart. I'm 42 on Wednesday. :) 

Book Riot Challenge 2021

On 2/22/2020 at 8:23 PM, KB Girl said:

It is! and on top of all this he had his first day of quitting smoking, so that probably explains a lot. 

His decision to do this is definitely to be admired... but what a time to do it!

On 2/22/2020 at 8:23 PM, KB Girl said:

So the moral of this thread is: go find your partner and have a fight, right now, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! 😉

And a belated Happy Birthday!

• Haha 1

Current Challenge: More treasure-hunting in Kakariko graveyard

Epic Quest: Kokiri Forest | Great Deku Tree | Great Deku Tree, part 2 - boss fight | Meeting Princess Zelda | In the royal tomb | Still in the royal tomb | Treasure-hunting in Kakariko graveyard

___

"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage." --- Hero's Shade, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

___

I help research into the Coronavirus with Rosetta@home and World Community Grid. You can too.

3 hours ago, The Hero of Time said:

His decision to do this is definitely to be admired... but what a time to do it!

Well he should have done it sooner, but it’s non-negotiable. No smoking when you live with a new born. At least not my new born. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Well he should have done it sooner, but it’s non-negotiable. No smoking when you live with a new born. At least not my new born. 

I was just about to post this. The only wrong I see with the timing is that it's at the last moment. Smoking around infants is not a good idea.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

10 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

Smoking around infants is not a good idea.

Absolutely. The point I was trying to make is that leaving it until a time already laden with stress wasn't the best move. Smoking, at all, is not a good idea.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: More treasure-hunting in Kakariko graveyard

Epic Quest: Kokiri Forest | Great Deku Tree | Great Deku Tree, part 2 - boss fight | Meeting Princess Zelda | In the royal tomb | Still in the royal tomb | Treasure-hunting in Kakariko graveyard

___

"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage." --- Hero's Shade, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

___

I help research into the Coronavirus with Rosetta@home and World Community Grid. You can too.

Catching up from a weekend away from the internet but...

1. Glad the midwife appointment went well!
  2. Your daughter is adorable in her costume!
  3. Smoking around a newborn = hell to the no, agreed. Hope the quitting goes well for him.
  4. I also get into that place where I've had too many snacks and just want a healthful, nutritious meal... I think the fact that your daughter requested leftovers is a great sign that she's in the habit of eating well, too!
  5. Reaffirming the fact that every good, solid marriage has disagreements and probably the occasional outright fight. We don't "fight" very often (maybe... 4 times total in 13 years together?) but we have smaller spats and we bicker sometimes. I think it's healthy because it means we're willing to voice when something isn't working for us and we care enough to want to fix it.
  • Thanks 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Happy belated birthday! The princess and her dragon are so precious. <333

I love that your ladies strength training has been going strong. :D

• Thanks 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1