• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KB Girl

KB Girl plunges into chaos

6 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Sorry to hear about the fight, but thank you for being open and sharing - I so often have this mythology in my head of marriages free from spats of conflict, which I think I know isn't the case, but it's still some weird ideal I think I should be striving for in my own relationships.

I think if you get two people with gentle temperaments who don't tread on each other's sore points too often because of a fortunate compatibility of ideas, and who practice really cooperative, peaceful, non-ego driven methods of communication, you will get away with many mild disagreements and only the very occasional more heated and upsetting fight. Maybe. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

I think if you get two people with gentle temperaments who don't tread on each other's sore points too often because of a fortunate compatibility of ideas, and who practice really cooperative, peaceful, non-ego driven methods of communication, you will get away with many mild disagreements and only the very occasional more heated and upsetting fight. Maybe. 

Maybe. But eventually, after however long, one of them will squeeze the toothpaste tube in the wrong spot one time too many, and the shit will hit the fan with impunity.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Harriet said:

And birds will be chirping, unicorns farting rainbows and pizza will grow on trees.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Maybe. But eventually, after however long, one of them will squeeze the toothpaste tube in the wrong spot one time too many, and the shit will hit the fan with impunity.

That's what I meant by an occasional more heated and upsetting fight. 

On 2/19/2020 at 11:19 PM, starsapart said:

Oof. Marital spats are a normal part of married life, but they're still tough to navigate, and I can only imagine that the hormones and general discomfort of late pregnancy make it that much harder. I'm glad you worked through it, but I'm not surprised if you're emotionally drained after that - I know I always am. Good luck with the work. ❤️

It does! as does having a small child right? you really need to learn how to effectively handle fights before children become part of the mix. 

On 2/20/2020 at 2:48 AM, Harriet said:

Ooh, sorry about the fight, that sounds stressful. I too, am generally gentle and empathetic to Mr Harriet, but am not usually the one who apologises. Maybe because it's not my fault? Just a hypothesis...

hehehehe, that's my hypothesis too, but Jaap assures me it's a faulty one.. I'm still not so sure :P 

On 2/20/2020 at 12:05 PM, The Hero of Time said:

I know this feeling all too well. Breaking it down into smaller chunks, as you're doing by just doing a bit of it tonight (or is it last night, now?), seems to be the only thing that works.

Glad to hear you and Jaap worked things out. This degree of change is bound to result in uncertainty and stress.

It is! and on top of all this he had his first day of quitting smoking, so that probably explains a lot. 

On 2/20/2020 at 8:41 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

Sorry to hear about the fight, but thank you for being open and sharing - I so often have this mythology in my head of marriages free from spats of conflict, which I think I know isn't the case, but it's still some weird ideal I think I should be striving for in my own relationships.

Also, best of luck tackling the program writing - I can definitely relate to tasks becoming huge in my head even though they're objectively quite manageable.

Always ready to shatter some illusions! :D no really, I think it's really 'healthy' to have a look at other peoples fights and struggles, just to put things into perspective a bit. 

I do think there are marriages without fights, but I think that's a very very bad sign.. then either nobody cares enough about the relationship anymore to fight, or it's all bottled up and comes out in really mean underhanded ways- not healthy. 

• Like 2

Thursday I had a checkup with my midwife; she checked my blood pressure (perfect) and we listened to the heartbeat for a bit. It's nice and low, so the midwife said 'she must be sleeping' and then she got kicked :D I think it's low because she exercises with me. 

Then I had a regular workday, just made it slightly shorted than usual, so 6 hours with 4 classes. it was okay. 

Friday morning I had the ladies-strength class, we've had this class on Tuesday mornings for a year or so and now we added it to the roster on Fridays- it was good, and very pleasant that there were 4 regulars and 1 new lady who immediately signed a contract. It's a really nice class, I feel like I'm really making a difference here. Though admittedly it's sometimes shocking how many problems people walk around with. 

Also finally got around to that laundry that had been waiting for me- all that's left is ironing it. And I made a really nice tuna pasta, it was very simple and surprisingly tasty. 

Saturday I had some good coaching sessions in the morning, again love that I feel like I'm making a difference there. Then had Jaap help me with some mail I couldn't bring myself to handle. Came home for a nap and then went to my moms to celebrate both our upcoming birthdays over dinner with my siblings. We gave my mom a composting bin and they gave me a 'we'll take you out to dinner' which they also did 2 years ago and it was really nice to just go out to dinner as siblings- spouses are not invited :D so that'll be nice to do again. 

Tomorrow is my birthday and also carnaval. My daughter has been dressed up as a fairy princess for almost 2 weeks now, so I hope she'll have lots of fun. I don't like carnaval at all because people drink too much alcohol and go stupid. 

Extra note- I did work for 1,5 hours on writing programs Wednesday night and I made some good progress too, but unfortunately the barrier towards working more was still there the next morning.. I think I'm going to have to recruit Jaap to sit with me while I do it or maybe have some more late nights when I have the possibility to sleep in.. better hurry the F up with this though, don't want to have to think about it when this baby isn't quite as conveniently located. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

I do think there are marriages without fights, but I think that's a very very bad sign.. then either nobody cares enough about the relationship anymore to fight, or it's all bottled up and comes out in really mean underhanded ways- not healthy. 

Agreed!

I firmly believe that the myth that healthy and happy relationships are easy and free of conflicts, is a major contributor to the high divorce rates in modern society.

Haha, thank you all for the birthday wishes! I didn’t actually dress up... but here is a pic of the princess and her pet dragon;

C579B614-DEEA-447E-82F4-73AB002D01EB.jpeg.0a38818a5366c9aafa932a7246da32f7.jpeg

Unfortunately the carnaval parade was cancelled because of the very stormy weather.. it’s really sad for all those people who spend literally months building the wagons and making costumes..

we still spend the whole afternoon and early evening at my mother in laws house- she lives on the parade route- which was.. meh. We had fries for dinner, which I can quite enjoy occasionally, but not after a whole afternoon of cake and snacks. My daughter seemed to feel the same way, she had only 2 fries and requested yesterday’s leftovers when we arrived home. 

so I’m 32 now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

You're right, you and I are almost exactly a decade apart. I'm 42 on Wednesday. :) 

10 years and three days! It’s special :)