RoachRex Starts from Scratch

RoachRex

So uh, man... lots of stuff happened last time and kind of threw me off.  Basically it all comes back to a Sinus cyst I had to get surgically removed. Lots of limits, I couldn't even blow my nose for almost 2 weeks.  Couldn't lift more than 15 lbs, no straining allowed, no breathing through nose, it was... a lot. I started back at work but I noticed that 2 weeks of being able to do p much nothin has not had a great effect on my str and sta stats.  I feel like I got hit with an ability drain effect. 

So here we go in an effort to get back into shape! I'll be p much using the same rubric as last round. 

Starting Stats

Height:5'4"
Weight:222#

The Goals: 

Log Foods Daily!
I don't really know how many calories I should be eating anymore, but I definitely need to get back in the habit of keeping track! I'm on MyFitnessPal, my username is RoachRex!

7 days- A

6 days - B

5 days - C

4 days - D

3 or less - F

Meal Prep!
My goal is every week, to prep my meals for the entire week. I'm honestly A-ok with eating the same thing every day, I even was into Soylent for a while (but it messed with my gut too much). Honestly, the reason I eat junk is out of convenience.  So if I can batch-cook and make all my meals in advance? Ain't nothing more convenient than that! 
          5 weeks - A
          4 weeks - B
          3 weeks - C
          1-2 weeks - D
          0 weeks - F

Exercise 3xwk!!
My plan is to do bodyweight training 3x a week. I'll incorporate things into my off days when I can but I'm not gonna stress too hard about it. 3x a week is more important.

pass or fail

Save up! 
I am planning to move in just a couple months and i need to save up for moving costs. Luckily I have a place to go already my main barrier is saving up. (I also need to find a job before I move but that's in process.) I certainly expect the meal prepping to come in handy here though!
          $1000 - A
          $800 - B
          $600 - C 
          $400 - D
          $0 - F
  • Like 3

Leon, the Roach King - Troll Ranger - 5' 4"  224 lbs

"Of course it's not going to be easy, why would it be easy when it can be hard?"

Challenge 22 - [RoachRex Starts from Scratch]
[Kingmaker Questline]

I haven't exactly worked out what my workouts will look like , but I'll be doing the lower level exercises from Convict Conditioning: 

Wall pushups,  Jackknife squats, Vertical pulls , Knee Tucks, and short Bridges.

Probably splitting it to do Wall Pushups and squats one day and then the rest on another day and just alternate through each week 

• Like 4

"Of course it's not going to be easy, why would it be easy when it can be hard?"

[Kingmaker Questline]

SInus cyst, that sounds miserable. Glad you are back and ready to rock

• That's Metal 1

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Yeah but I'm sure happy it's out! It's been in there for over 15 years and all this time I thought breathing through my nose wasn't hampered it was just like that for everyone.  Little did I know! It's been the biggest change, just no resistance when breathing through my nose (It's soooo nice!!) 

But I've been cleared with 0 restrictions so it's time to get back at it! I've got a whole slew of off-day activities to choose from too so I don't have any excuses! Bro and I got some archery stuff we can set up in the back yard,  I got a skateboard a while back that I'm still learning on, Hiking if it's a nice day, Ring Fit adventure if outside is no good, etc. 

• Like 1

[Kingmaker Questline]

15 minutes ago, RoachRex said:

Yeah but I'm sure happy it's out! It's been in there for over 15 years and all this time I thought breathing through my nose wasn't hampered it was just like that for everyone.  Little did I know! It's been the biggest change, just no resistance when breathing through my nose (It's soooo nice!!) 

But I've been cleared with 0 restrictions so it's time to get back at it! I've got a whole slew of off-day activities to choose from too so I don't have any excuses! Bro and I got some archery stuff we can set up in the back yard,  I got a skateboard a while back that I'm still learning on, Hiking if it's a nice day, Ring Fit adventure if outside is no good, etc. 

Oh , wow, 15 years. It's going to be interesting to see how much your life improves now that you can breathe!

• Like 1

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

6 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Oh , wow, 15 years. It's going to be interesting to see how much your life improves now that you can breathe!

Yeah! For one thing I'm expecting less sinus infections (Ideally 0 >> ),  supposedly they said it should cut down on the number of times I get sick overall since my immune system won't constantly be in a state of high-alert.

• Like 4

[Kingmaker Questline]

So Saturday and sunday I forgot to report here but, I mostly slept both days.  I did manage to workout on saturday though! 

2x10 Vertical Pulls- slow and deliberate this was hard on my fingers. 

2x10  Knee Tucks - Really hard! My stomach was hella shakey after these. 

Lunges around the house. I didn't write down how many I did so I don't remember 😐
Overhead Dumbbell tricep extensions - 1x10 with 5lb dumbbell . 

• Like 2

[Kingmaker Questline]

[WEEK 1] Day 2 (2/17/20)

Exercise (Totals)

2x10 Wall Pushups - slow & deliberate. Hands slightly closer together than standard (My triceps need a lot of work)
2x10 Jackknife squats - Slowly working down to a full Deep squat 

2x10 Hip Raises - I'll have to be careful here, for some reason these made me dizzy? 

39 sec Plank  - woo my stomach was shakin like a chihuahua 

Food

Small red gatorade
Cheddar Rice Crisps
Granola bar
Trail Mix
Vegetarian Bahn Mi

Goals

[X] Log Foods
[  ] Meal Prep
[X] Workout
[  ] Save up

To do
Grocery Shopping
Decide on lunches this week. 

• Like 2

[Kingmaker Questline]

[WEEK 1] Day 3 (2/18/20)

Exercise (Totals)

2x10 Knee Tucks
71 min walking

Food

Big Breakfast
- 3 eggs
- 2 bacon strips
- A LOT of hashbrowns!
- 2 slices of sourdough toast
Protien Bar
Granola Bar
Rice Crisps
Candy bar

Goals

[X] Log Foods
[  ] Meal Prep
[X] Workout
[  ] Save up

[Kingmaker Questline]

I did less exercise than I intended yesterday but luckily work had me get some decent walking in!  I end up doing exercises at work lately, but there's not really any decent door jambs for vertical pulls so it threw me off yesterday. 

[Kingmaker Questline]

I was to busy actually working today x x  it is hard to use the legs for lifting when pulling boxes out of shelves holy smokes. My back hurts but hopefully that's just from all the up and down and not that I injured anything... 

[Kingmaker Questline]

[WEEK 1] Day 4 (2/19/20)

Exercise (Totals)

Moving heavy boxes/bins

Food

Taco bell
- nacho fries
- cheesy potato griller
- 2 bean burritos (no onion or sauce)
- Med sierra mist

Goals

[  ] Log Foods
[  ] Meal Prep
[  ] Workout
[  ] Save up

[Kingmaker Questline]

[WEEK 1] Day 5 (2/20/20)

Exercise (Totals)

Moving heavy boxes/bins
Walked 89 min

Food

Reeses puffs cereal & milk
Pizza
rootbeer (20oz)

Goals

[  ] Log Foods
[  ] Meal Prep
[X] Workout
[  ] Save up

• Like 1

[Kingmaker Questline]