• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Red1263

Red1263 embarks on a new journey! Externship: Part 2

1.png.b90be6e19b0facec1999aed939ffdb57.png

'A Stranger in a strange land...' Red1263 thought to himself, 'What adventures lie ahead in the foreign horizon? What glories await his grasp? What terrors? What wome--' "Hey! New Guy! Are you done organizing those bracelets?!" "Err No sir! I'll get on it right away sir!" Red1263's thoughts are interrupted as the item shop keeper, his manager, orders him to get back to work.

2.png.d6590f1f272f37af6c8afe0b6957e241.png

"And make sure Xandar's Blessed Boots do not get too close to the Living doll relic again! We don't want another marionette attacking the customers again" "Yes sir! Will not happen again, sir!" Red ran frantically, maintaining the item shop that he now works in, Lisfos Item Shop. As he tried to serve the travelling adventurers, he can't help but think about the youthfulness of their eyes. 'I wonder if I had that look...' He thought to himself...

3.png.9e285ca9f6585ef776e82761c3c61260.png

As the day ends, he looks back at the past, and recalls the times when he was the newest warrior, venturing out in what was once unknown lands. "Man, home looks so far away... I wonder how far I've gone..." He thinks outloud, not knowing that the crystal shards in his pocket are glowing with his thoughts. a few feet from him an apparition appears... it looks strangely familiar, it was... HIM!

4.png.6b4bfc1c0cbd7e105be188ce83eae313.png

"Huh, I thought only Monks who meditate under waterfalls, have these kinds of visions." Red1263 spoke outloud "Well do you have any waterfalls around you?" The apparition spoke. "Err... no." "Then I guess this will have to do then!" '-_-Yep. There was no denying it. It was him. His old self.' "So... what brings you by... Me?" Red1263 asks casually. "Well, you wanted to see how you once were, and so I'm here to remind you of what we once aspired to." 

"You see, our path was aimed for a much different direction than where we are now. You had aspired to be a Medical doctor, You had the youthful strength to push mountains and pull down the earth. Back then, your biggest obstacle was waking up at 7 am." The apparition said with a chuckle. Red1263 laughed along with him, "Oh man, I had completely forgotten about that, the... the Earth Dragon! Wow, so that's where I got this scar from!" Red1263 motioned to a scar on his left flank. "Man, what became of me? I used to be so strong." "Heh, well while you might have weakened physically, you have grown in wisdom. Life tends to do that to you. You did not have the burdens that weigh on you now, and your destiny has led you here. So, you've done everything correct so far, If not, then we wouldn't be here, would we?" "Yeah, you got a point, me. I've gotten a lot more scars since that battle, physically and mentally." 

"Yep, and now, as it was back then, you have to keep moving forward. The Fates call you to reclaim your lost strength. And I'm here to help you!" "Help me? But how--" The Apparition manifested a sword in his hand "-- the heck did you do that?! Wait... Why are you looking at me like that?"

5.png.addab31e1439aa8375a4eed9fdd5953f.png

"One battle with Destiny, coming right up!" the Apparition yelled.

• If you want to get the best of me, you better get stronger quick! - Stretching and warming up are no longer enough, it's time to eat some floor and do push-ups, squats, planks, and shadowbox once more! On days that I do not have work, I will do at least one set of each, if I have time to do more then I will do more sets.
    • 10 push-ups
    • 25 squats
    • 1 minute plank
    • 5 minutes shadow boxing
  • The Sun sets and so shall you! - I have waking up on time down, however in order to truly wake up efficiently, I need to make sure I'm in bed by 2330 hours. Which means, turning everything off by then and going to sleep.
  • Strength comes from within, so what's inside better be good! - I had problems drinking enough water on my first challenge, and now I have to do it again! I have a 25 oz water bottle, I'll start with drinking the whole thing twice, every day!
  • That's it! Keep it up! - Externship isn't over (until March) so I still have to do my bounties and find a Residency. 

6.png.41b5bc54999ac77050dfc390ef71e23a.png

OH! One last thing! With the sudden power of Necromancy I attempt to bring back , @goodbyeharrison, @Pyrorazor, and @Talvi

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Starpuck said:

My favorite Red1263!

Found you and following.

Great set up!  You're gonna nail this.

And you're my favorite Starpuck!

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following, may your necromancy be successful! 

Fingers crossed, I'll admit that I have forgotten some names when I first wrote this

Ooo I remembered one more: @Nuala

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SkyGirl said:

Hey I found you!! What a marvelous challenge - I'm here for it!!  :D 

Yay! You're back! I'm glad to have you here!

OK These are the last few days of Week 0, so I'm going to try to start my goals and get a bit of a headstart on solidifying these habits.

• Get stronger quick! - One set has been completed today! My body was shaking for the entire minute of the Plank, but it felt good to be on the floor again... You know what I mean!
    • 15 push-ups
    • 25 squats
    • 1 minute plank
  • The Sun sets!- This goal's main difficulty is making sure I finish up everything so that I hit my bed exactly at 1130.... Hmm... maybe I shouldn't be so precise with this one.
  • What's inside better be good! - I only finished the bottle once! This was because I didn't have my water bottle on my person at all times, if I did, then I'd instinctively would keep drinking it.
  • That's it! Keep it up! - Bounties all caught up, and meal prep has been completed for the week! This meal is Pork, Veggies, Potatoes and Rice! ^_^ I think I'm getting the hang of this!
  • Like 3

Ah, so this is where you're hiding! Thanks to your challenge, I now have a certain Iron Maiden song playing in my head. And since I like Iron Maiden, that is a good thing. :) 

• Like 1

Following for the awesome sprites and solid progress. :) What time have you usually been getting to bed? I'd think as long as you're making it earlier than that, you're aimed in the right direction. 

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I love your intro! And it looks like another awesome challenge

Thanks EG. It's always nice to have you here!

12 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Ah, so this is where you're hiding! Thanks to your challenge, I now have a certain Iron Maiden song playing in my head. And since I like Iron Maiden, that is a good thing. :) 

Uh oh! You found me! Oh well you've gotta share which song, you can't leave me hanging like that!

7 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Following for the awesome sprites and solid progress. :) What time have you usually been getting to bed? I'd think as long as you're making it earlier than that, you're aimed in the right direction. 

Thank you! Err... around 12-1am >.> But another problem is that it has always been inconsistent, I need to establish a set sleeping time. 

4 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Uh oh! You found me! Oh well you've gotta share which song, you can't leave me hanging like that!

Stranger in a Strange Land, of course. Fair warning, it's a bit melancholy... but I consider it one of their best. :)

On 2/16/2020 at 1:31 AM, Scalyfreak said:

Omg, for serious, when I first joined NF, I was a half-orc ranger.  Because I felt I was curvy but thick like a muscle beast orc-ess.... Your profile pic was my FIRST avatar here!   Hiiiiiii!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Omg, for serious, when I first joined NF, I was a half-orc ranger.  Because I felt I was curvy but thick like a muscle beast orc-ess.... Your profile pic was my FIRST avatar here!   Hiiiiiii!!!

You obviously have great taste in avatars.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 5:18 PM, Scalyfreak said:

Stranger in a Strange Land, of course. Fair warning, it's a bit melancholy... but I consider it one of their best. :)

Although it was melancholy, I really liked it!

21 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Here and following again

It's an honor to have you here, Ghost!

6 hours ago, Starpuck said:

3 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

You obviously have great taste in avatars.

I'm glad that my thread can bring people together.

Day 1

• Get stronger quick! - So, an interesting thing occurred today, my co-workers are aiming to do 100 pushups, dips and squats every day. at a certain time every how, they'll start knocking out one set of 25 of each, then the following hour, it's 20 of each, and so on. I thought it was pretty cool and participated with them. All that was left was planks, so I'll probably knock out a couple of them in a few minutes.
  • The Sun sets!- Last night, I left work pretty late because these guys wanted something 5 minutes to close, and took 30 minutes to come to a decision! I didn't even get home until AFTER midnight. So suffice to say, I'm already tired.
  • What's inside better be good! - I have to try to keep my water bottle as close to my person as possible, otherwise I keep forgetting to drink water and next thing you notice I'm chugging the whole bottle like a frat boy on a dare.
  • That's it! Keep it up! - Bounties will be done right after this, and some good news! I have an interview for the Residency position here where I'm at, Next Monday! I'm a little nervous, but that's normal. I was told that the guy interviewing me has like 5 degrees so I hope I don't get crushed under the pressure of his intellect :P Other than that, last saturday, I got my brakes and oil changed on my car. The next target is to get new tires, however I have to pay for rent first. So I have to pick the bigger of the two beasts to tackle first. The tires are going to have to wait, hopefully nothing happens, but if they do, I know how to change a tire ^_^
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

Although it was melancholy, I really liked it!

Well, we already knew you have good taste in music. This merely confirms that. :) 

• Haha 1

Your coworkers started a random 'everyone do exercises' thing?   That's pretty amazing.

Like finding a village full of fellow adventurers in the place you stopped to pick up some health pots.

Awesome!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Scalyfreak said:

Well, we already knew you have good taste in music. This merely confirms that. :) 

Image result for oh you stop gif

9 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Your coworkers started a random 'everyone do exercises' thing?   That's pretty amazing.

Like finding a village full of fellow adventurers in the place you stopped to pick up some health pots.

Awesome!

It was the most random thing, one guy just shouted "25!" and I was looking around like, "What's '25?' " And they did push-ups. So I was like, "Oh I'm definitely going to be a part of this!" So I dropped down and did 25 push-ups! So the system goes like this

• 0900: 25 push-ups, bodyweight squats, and Dips
  • 1000: 20 push-ups, bodyweight squats, and Dips
  • 1100: 15 push-ups, bodyweight squats, and Dips
  • 1200: 15 push-ups, bodyweight squats, and Dips

The concept is to aim for 100 of each exercise, but we're up to 75. As we all get used to these, then we'll bump up the numbers by 5 each. so 30, 25, 20, etc. So with that...

• Get stronger quick! - 75 push-ups, bw squats, and Dips. I am going to need to fit in some planks to round everything out.
  • The Sun sets!- Last night, I hit the bed at 11:30 pm exactly I finished everything ahead of time, so I caught up on comics and took my time.
  • What's inside better be good! - Yesterday I successfully drank the two bottles. I know I can knock out one bottle easily during my lunch break, it's when I'm home that I have to actively drink more.
  • That's it! Keep it up! - Bounties are done, I'm going to budget my next paycheck, I might actually take care of my tires (~$300) and on my next paycheck pay for rent ($500). I'll have to discuss this plan with my landlady. Otherwise, I'm looking for more 1 bedroom apartments for when I get residency. I appreciate my landlady letting me stay here and she's even offered to let me stay longer so that I'm in no rush to move out (so long as I pay rent). But I want to be as good a tenant as possible, and stick to the agreement we made.
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Red1263 said:

It was the most random thing, one guy just shouted "25!" and I was looking around like, "What's '25?' " And they did push-ups. So I was like, "Oh I'm definitely going to be a part of this!" So I dropped down and did 25 push-ups! So the system goes like this

• 0900: 25 push-ups, bodyweight squats, and Dips
  • 1000: 20 push-ups, bodyweight squats, and Dips
  • 1100: 15 push-ups, bodyweight squats, and Dips
  • 1200: 15 push-ups, bodyweight squats, and Dips

Haha, that's freaking brilliant, and very cool that you have work buddies that push this. 

On 2/17/2020 at 11:19 PM, Red1263 said:

So, an interesting thing occurred today, my co-workers are aiming to do 100 pushups, dips and squats every day. at a certain time every how, they'll start knocking out one set of 25 of each, then the following hour, it's 20 of each, and so on. I thought it was pretty cool and participated with them. All that was left was planks, so I'll probably knock out a couple of them in a few minutes.

These are the employees I've wanted my entire life. 😮

I would say coworkers, but in my dreams I own the company.  😋

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Haha, that's freaking brilliant, and very cool that you have work buddies that push this. 

Yeah, I honestly don't know what inspired them to do that, but I'm glad that they did

12 hours ago, Hazard said:

These are the employees I've wanted my entire life. 😮

I would say coworkers, but in my dreams I own the company.  😋

Well you know, you can add that to the interview questioning...

You: So tell me, how do you feel about performing exercises at every hour?

Them: ... I'm sorry, what?

11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Oh man that is so awesome!   What a well timed crossing of paths!!

I know right?! And if I stay for residency, I told them we're going to tackle a Spartan!

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

That is super cool that your co-workers are doing that! Have you told any of them about NF? I bet they'd like it here.

I don't think they're nerds, but I'll keep sliding NF things here and there, and if they're interested, then I'll tell them

• Get stronger quick! - So more on my co-workers, They want to do this 100 thing for 30 days straight. Almost sounds like something out of One Punch Man but with that being said, I did all 100 today! This marks today as the official Day 1 of the 100 Things.
  • The Sun sets!- Last night, I was so tired, I went to bed at 1030, which would've been great if I hadn't fallen asleep at 1130 -_-# .
  • What's inside better be good! - Today I drank one water bottle during my lunch break and now that I'm home, I'm going to drink the second one after this update.
  • That's it! Keep it up! - Bounties are good. I also need to fold my laundry (not folding them is a habit I'm trying to break)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Red1263 said:
  • That's it! Keep it up! - Bounties are good. I also need to fold my laundry (not folding them is a habit I'm trying to break)

I tried to break that very same habit, and my cat became absolutely miserable when his favorite day-time nesting place bed of unfolded laundry vanished and would not return. When he is miserable, he becomes aggressively vocal about his misery, and so for obvious reasons I do my best to avoid animal cruelty by not folding my laundry.

• Haha 2