DdayOmaha's Challenge

Guest DdayOmaha1944

Guest DdayOmaha1944

I've been a reader of nerd fitness for about two months now and finally decided to get in on the boards. What better first post than a 28 day challenge intro. I'm a senior in college and really want to get my act together before graduating. As for profession, I would like to be a Warrior/Monk combo. I want to be really strong, but also really agile. As for my race, I'd have to say human, average height, but a little hefty.

These are the goals I'm setting for myself.

Fitness/Diet

1:Complete my bodyweight workout everyday

2:Run 5 miles a week

3:Not eat out when on Campus -Bad for my diet, bad for my wallet

Life

4: Wake up everyday before 9:30am. It doesn't sound like much, but as a college kid, I've fallen into the horrible habit of sleeping until 12pm. I lose way too much daylight and am not as productive as I should be.

Hope this goes well and I look forward to cheering on my team

-Will

Hey, good to meet you! I hear you on the sleeping in thing, actually. When left to a completely unregimented schedule, I'm a noon sleeper. I've learned a grudging 7am, and am progressing to a cheerful 6:15.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

yay more warriors!

when i was in college i was offended if someone expected me to get up before noon. now i'm up without an alarm at 6:30 every day. you can do it :)

welcome to the boards, and good luck with the challenge!

Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

I concur with the learning to wake up early. I was notorious for sleeping in, until I started my fitness quest. Since I workout in the mornings, I have found that I wake up ready to do it. I have only woken to my alarm once in the last month or so. I usually wake up about 15 minutes before I was planning (at about 5:45 -- back in the day, 5:45 only happened if I was still awake). It takes a bit of adjustment, but you can do it.

Set 15 alarms that go off 2 minutes after each other all around the room at various places. Start the first one 10 minutes before you actually want to get up.

You'll get so frustrated at moving around to constantly turn them off that you won't go back to sleep.

(Yes I'm also a masochist)

What's in the bodyweight circuit? Pull ups? Dips? Squats? Press Ups?

That is the best idea ever. You are a cruel, cruel man, Dantes.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines