• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter sets it all on fire. Slowly. Part I.

On 2/22/2020 at 3:29 AM, Harriet said:

Whee! Sketches! Just gonna say some of the good stuff I see happening here.

Thanks for taking the time to write that out. 😊 Sometimes I can see some good things, if I zoom in on a very specific part, but it feels very random and nothing to do with my skill improving. Guess I gotta trust the process...

Mostly I think I just needed to be sad about something as a stress relief, and since training is plodding along nicely, drawing took the hit. 😂 

14 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Hah I get it! you're allowed :D especially when you knew you were due for the next progressions! 

and the bolded stuff is just not okay, blah. HOGs are annoying enough without trying to play coach! 

Haha thank you for thinking less of me 😄 Because I really do appreciate the small classes  (max 10 but average is about 5) and the teaching and the practice time I usually get.

1 hour ago, @mu said:

Really enjoying the sketches too, I see a lot more assertiveness and precision in your lines. It's great!

Thanks, I’m working on being more assertive, that’s why I forced myself to use the brush pen for example) but it’s difficult to get it right.

1 hour ago, @mu said:

Was he giving directions to other people as well, or just his GF (if so, that makes want to  🤮 ...)

Just his GF! So gross.

1 hour ago, @mu said:

I started working on flags a little because there are in Room 21 programme. So far I only managed a very very small ROM free standing (on 2 arms obviously). And it feels HEAVY. On Room 21 videos, they do them very deep. I felt like I was going super deep too. But on my video, it looked like I moved about 2 cm :D Super deceptive!

Cool! I think a spot really helps to get a feel for the deep shape. It’s so heavy, in the I didn’t even know I had these muscles sort of way. 😄 I got really sore in this one spot in my obliques at the front of the hip.

• Like 1

My goals are purposefully vague, but let’s do a check in anyway.

Keep drawing - doing Figuary every day so that’s cool. But I’m often unfocused and too tired and most days I’m only doing the bare minimum. But I’m doing the thing!

Keep flipping - this is going great, consistency is high and I’m making slow but steady progress. The biggest improvement is that I feel much more comfortable and that cues have meaning now. Before it went so fast that I couldn’t really apply them, now I have enough time to consider the the take off, the landing and the stuff in between as separate entities. 

I’d really like to add a bit of strength work though as I’m almost exclusively doing skill work at the moment. And try to find the time to do a bit of myflex work because I think it would be extremely beneficial in helping with the niggles in my shoulder and hamstring. 

Make time - this is not going well and I feel constantly rushed. I have plenty of time, but in the mornings I procrastinate because of an impending sense of doom, i.e. work, and after work I have classes, and on the weekends I have to do the adulting I’ve procrastinated during the week. As a result Monday-Thursday in particular feels extremely rushed, but it’s purely because I’m not taking the time to reset properly and not using my time well.

Do it because I love it - The low key feeling stressed thing is not helping here. But I’ve found myself doing a little bit of backbending for example pretty consistently lately, without it being this thing I have to do. It’s nice.

However I really felt I missed rolling around the floor this week and feel more stressed as a result.

Buy pants - going to try today! Wish me luck.

Write? - it’s complicated. I have an idea for a thing but I need to make time (see above) and consider the feasibility of the thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

Oh spirits. Pants are evil. Good luck! 

1 hour ago, Scalyfreak said:

Buying pants is a brave undertaking... good luck to you!

Thanks.

I failed.

I reached my adulting limit, and the pants buying suffered.

First I installed new memory in my computer, which was quite stressful as my computer wouldn't start up. First with the new memory, then also with the old memory. I suspect a RAM slot is bust. FYI, this was to replace the RAM that I took out six months when it started acting up. Yes it took me that long to contact customer service to get a replacement. 

I then finally picked up my shoes at the (far away) climbing gym where I forgot them two weeks ago. I didn't go climbing though, instead I popped into the large sports shop next door someone recommended to check out pants. Turns out it was garbage, it had exactly the same expensive brands, and a poor selection. Disappointing, but not unexpected.

Since I was in the area, I popped into the gardening shop nearby to get soil. I put it in my backpack and figured it would be fine to walk back to the shopping center I was planning on visiting for pants buying. Half an hour later my shoulders hurt so frickin' much from wearing a 30kg backpack designed to carry a laptop, all I managed was to grab a comfort coffee and cookie and quick rest, then I went straight home. So much for shopping. 

I also cleaned my whole flat, bought groceries and did all the laundry including towels and bedsheets this weekend. It's a terrible way to sacrifice a weekend, but hopefully it will make next week easier so I can feel less stressed.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

First I installed new memory in my computer, which was quite stressful as my computer wouldn't start up. First with the new memory, then also with the old memory. I suspect a RAM slot is bust. FYI, this was to replace the RAM that I took out six months when it started acting up. Yes it took me that long to contact customer service to get a replacement. 

Laptop or desktop? If only one slot is bust, then the other should work with functional RAM and you should be able to get the computer up and running again. Whatever was in there for six months is still good, unless something has happened to it, so in theory you should be able to put everything back to how it was and be back where you started.

25 minutes ago, Scalyfreak said:

Laptop or desktop? If only one slot is bust, then the other should work with functional RAM and you should be able to get the computer up and running again. Whatever was in there for six months is still good, unless something has happened to it, so in theory you should be able to put everything back to how it was and be back where you started.

I did make it work eventually, a black screen of death was just not the way I wanted to start the day. 😒 Luckily the new RAM seems to be working fine, as I would rather not spend another six months of constantly getting memory warnings haha.

• Like 2

Hopefully sacrificing the weekend to the adulting gods will do lots of good for that low level stress! 

12 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Mostly I think I just needed to be sad about something as a stress relief, and since training is plodding along nicely, drawing took the hit. 😂

Not relatable at all :X

12 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

thank you for thinking less of me 😄

I hope you just missed the ‘not’ there x) 

17 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I failed.

It's not you. It's the pants.

17 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I also cleaned my whole flat, bought groceries and did all the laundry including towels and bedsheets this weekend. It's a terrible way to sacrifice a weekend, but hopefully it will make next week easier so I can feel less stressed.

Most surely. How is monday feeling?