• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Marcus0606

How much calorie deficit should I have?

Hi,
I'm 18yo, 76kgs and 182cm, and I'm working out about 4 years ago. I'm not fat, But I have never been shredded too much before, so I decided to do that, cause I'm really interested how my physique look like shredded.
I working out 5 Times a week in the gym, and 3 Times doing a 25min HIIT sesh after workout.
A calorie calculator showed me that my maintain weight calories are about 2660. How much calorie deficit should I have, to lose mild weight, mostly fat? Eat that on every day, or weekends are different?

Depends on what strategy you want to try! When tracking calories it's a good idea to weigh portions to ensure that you have accurate numbers, and not to forget about liquid calories (eg. alcohol, soda, milk, sugar in coffee, etc.).

You'll also want to focus on eating enough protein (1.6-2.2g protein per kg of bodyweight), so ~120-170g for yourself; also vegetables and fruit, because they're good for you. Getting in enough sleep (7+ hrs/night) and managing stress will also be important as you try to gain muscle and/or lose fat.

There are two methods that I'd look at, if I were you (bearing in mind that I'm NOT an expert or fitness/health professional, just a random stranger on the internet):

1) 'MATADOR', which is eating at a 20-30% deficit (~1,800kcal/day) for two weeks, followed by two weeks at maintenance (~2,500kcal/day), and then continue to alternate as needed

2) 5:2, where you'd eat 2,500kcal for every day you work out, and then two non-consecutive days a week you'd only have ~1,000-1,200kcal (probably skip breakfast, small lunch, medium sized dinner)

If you treat 2,500kcal as your maintenance number it gives you some 'wiggle room' for the days where you go over a bit, without causing an inadvertent surplus that will make fat loss harder. At any rate, remember to be safe, stay healthy, and HAVE FUN! ;) Welcome to the forum.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Defining said:

Depends on what strategy you want to try! When tracking calories it's a good idea to weigh portions to ensure that you have accurate numbers, and not to forget about liquid calories (eg. alcohol, soda, milk, sugar in coffee, etc.).

You'll also want to focus on eating enough protein (1.6-2.2g protein per kg of bodyweight), so ~120-170g for yourself; also vegetables and fruit, because they're good for you. Getting in enough sleep (7+ hrs/night) and managing stress will also be important as you try to gain muscle and/or lose fat.

There are two methods that I'd look at, if I were you (bearing in mind that I'm NOT an expert or fitness/health professional, just a random stranger on the internet):

1) 'MATADOR', which is eating at a 20-30% deficit (~1,800kcal/day) for two weeks, followed by two weeks at maintenance (~2,500kcal/day), and then continue to alternate as needed

2) 5:2, where you'd eat 2,500kcal for every day you work out, and then two non-consecutive days a week you'd only have ~1,000-1,200kcal (probably skip breakfast, small lunch, medium sized dinner)

If you treat 2,500kcal as your maintenance number it gives you some 'wiggle room' for the days where you go over a bit, without causing an inadvertent surplus that will make fat loss harder. At any rate, remember to be safe, stay healthy, and HAVE FUN! ;) Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the lot of help, I think I will go with the 'MATADOR', hope it will show process. 😉💪🏼

• Like 1