Lvl 2 - Bouncer Meditates and Survives The Long Dark

Fairly_Bouncer

It's that time of year here in MN! This time of year has been the hardest, with or without school. 

Last year, it whizzed by with little problem (except for my dad passing away, that was a whole other thing). I was able to get through it with my support and my own car. 

Just need to a little grinding with my goals and tracking. 

Image result for the long dark

The Long Dark Game 

By the end of the challenge, the winds of Spring will be coming (even if snow does stick around through March). While also getting through Spring break. 

Now with my Dad's death anniversary (March 9th)  coming up(dark memories surfacing) and me working on narrowing down on my goals i want to work in the next 38 Challenges here's what I came up with: 

Main: (Life)
Meditate/Journal Daily (Hoping to get 30 this challenge)
One Pomodoro of Schoolwork each day (on my own)  (Hoping to do 30)

YNAB 

Side :

Nutrition - A daily Green Shake  (the one thing that stabalizes my blood sugar and helps bring me a better idea with food). 

Fitness - Tracking walking through GoogleFit on phone (Walking to Mordor?)

Reward

If I update with weekly counts of each (better if I update daily), I'll get this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0779SKCXW/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_apa_i_zodpEb6X1GH5P (A cheaper tracker). 

I've been wanting a fitbit since before NF, but I'm worried I'll get bored or break it. 

This one I found through a friend that is half price of the kids fitbit. 

FIgured it will be the trial one before I buy brand name. Since any tracker connecting to my phone will make it easier to track, since many times I have to let my phone charge when I get home. 

Again big on tracking and finding my way through the grind. This is my survival. 

I have this semester and Fall before I do my internship next year. 

School work is my daily job outside of my two jobs. Priortizing it for the next few months will help! My wolf fights is daily with school to get those points I need. 

Wish I had more brain space... but a cool way to kind of theme it. 

Also will be looking up my old challenges... maybe have a write up. Curious on how others are doing it. 4.5 years probably not going to find a whole lot. 

• Like 8

Fresh Druid Graduate Lvl 0

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

13 hours ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Now with my Dad's death anniversary (March 9th)  coming up(dark memories surfacing)

tenor.gif

The first year or two are the hardest anniversaries.  

I like your challenge goals.  Very feasible but a little bit of a stretch.  

I haven't decided how to do my retrospectives yet.  I did a review in 2017 and found out strategies that worked once often didn't work in another challenge.  This time, I'm going to be looking for what I achieved and celebrate that.  

• Like 2

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

*Hugs* for the difficult time lying ahead. :love_heart:

I don't think I've ever actually said it, but... I have a serious lot of respect for you doing two jobs AND school work. That is amazing. Good luck with all your responsibilities and this challenge.

(Oh yes, and cute photos of you, the hats and your and your boyfriend in the previous challenge).

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

On 2/15/2020 at 6:48 AM, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

tenor.gif

The first year or two are the hardest anniversaries.  

Thank you

I think what makes it harder  is that I was estranged from my father at least 2 years prior to his death (even though he had no memory of the hardest years, he still knew the buttons to push and had a gaslighting pattern to use/manipulate my mother and I... and I discovered his entire family had it and were not going to work on it in heathy ways). And I for sure thought he would live to 90 despite the parkinsons (my mom brought up that Parkinson's lengivity is about 20 years... which with her timeline matches it). 

I find it crazy how my dad passed away on my last day of Spring Break (I was working on leaving my BF's when I was given the call)... 

God gave a strong nod to me when I discovered the priest was Nigerian (in a rural Caltholic church...)

I haven't decided how to do my retrospectives yet.  I did a review in 2017 and found out strategies that worked once often didn't work in another challenge.  This time, I'm going to be looking for what I achieved and celebrate that.  

For looking back, I think for sure I want to go back and see my goals and make an area for them on my battle log. There was some neat ideas back there, and this was the main website I've been working on trying to keep up with. 

12 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

*Hugs* for the difficult time lying ahead. :love_heart:

Thank you :) 

I don't think I've ever actually said it, but... I have a serious lot of respect for you doing two jobs AND school work. That is amazing. Good luck with all your responsibilities and this challenge.

Thank you again! 

I had to work up to this, and part have to remind myself I"m still keeping up my homework and sanity (even if I am cutting corners when I need to). 

(Oh yes, and cute photos of you, the hats and your and your boyfriend in the previous challenge).

Thank you! Gives a small window into my life, I always like other's posts so try to give back... And I sadly can't share my few couple photos on FB due to bf's privacy. Few of you knew his first name, no less full name so I think he's safe here. 

I like your challenge goals.  Very feasible but a little bit of a stretch.  

And I totally didn't come up with ANOTHER goal area... will just call it "Little Mermaid Secret Mission" (slgihtly based off of Teros/ @TheMadness old Batman Challenge)

I have my big goal and know what to do to get there.. but not a huge deal if I don't get there. 

Disney Ariel GIF - Disney Ariel TheLittleMermaid GIFs

Makes me excited enough to make sure I hit my main challenge goals, and if I have enough energy I can get to the special ones.... 

Will let you know when I hit them or add them on. But trying really hard to stick to my main ones this challenge!

Stay GIF - Monkeys Grab Stay GIFs

Stay close little self, these goals matter. 

• Like 4

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

My Wk 0... 

Involved a lot of sleep. I only HAD to go to school Monday and Friday. $1 lunch, school food shelf, paper work and meeting with a professor had me on Tuesday. 

Thursday day was mostly sleep until I bought some caffiene to get me going. 

Lots of Sugar.... I'm going to keep dark chocolate around again to help with when I need something sweet. 

Main: Friday Wk 0 Day 6
Meditate/Journal Daily -Yes! 
One Pomodoro of Schoolwork each day Yes!

YNAB  - Yes 

Shake -Yes

Walking - Yes (when it wasn't charging or not dead) 9,000+ from walking to school & for work 

All done after 11 pm before midnight. Actually completed somethings. 

Saturday Wk 0 Day 7

Main - No

Shake - Yes

Walking 1000+ (walked more but needed to charge)

When I got home I made myself food. Enjoyed it and played a bit of "Fitness RPG", intrigued will post code when I get over lvl 40. 

Uses walking for certain energy, got to lvl 14 before my 1000 tracked walking... Which was nearly an hour of gameplay. 

When I was done, I showered the day away and crashed into bed before 8. 

Gave myself an early morning on Sunday with no alarms. So hence no harships over that, since I"m working on getting my laundry caught up for the first time since school started. 

Getting laudry caught up is part of Secret Mission. 

• Like 6

On 2/16/2020 at 8:42 PM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

I think what makes it harder  is that I was estranged from my father at least 2 years prior to his death (even though he had no memory of the hardest years, he still knew the buttons to push and had a gaslighting pattern to use/manipulate my mother and I... and I discovered his entire family had it and were not going to work on it in heathy ways).

Sounds like you've gone through really tough times. I hope it's getting better. Whether it does or not, I'll join in the virtual hug.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

On 2/16/2020 at 2:03 PM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Fitness RPG

Looks fun!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

On 2/18/2020 at 4:56 AM, Jean said:

Sounds like you've gone through really tough times. I hope it's getting better. Whether it does or not, I'll join in the virtual hug.

giphy.gif

Thank you and is better! I luckily have large amounts of support, and finally released some more resistance!

Gets even better month by month. 

12 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Looks fun!!

And I've ignored it since its a little time consuming. Some parts of it I don't care for in a busy life. 

My actual goals...

Tracking this week hasn't gone with the plan. 

Journaling: Almost every day I've missed journaling. Except Sunday. 

Meditating has been small bits, on keeping myself centered. Especially when fear comes around (so trying to keep up my tools), 

Homework... It has been overcast by another project (need to be a little bit more diligent). Found the app Forest, found it helps with work and other stuff. May have come up with a small narrative to match my theme. 

YNAB haven't done it this week

Some up of some of the business: (Rewrote 3 times, this is the shortest it gets out of excitement -- may add pics later). 

Changing Little Mermaid Secret Mission, to Adventures Zone (because my world expanded a bit). 

Finally in a long time, I lost fear on getting outside my comfort zone by knowing I'm going to be tire, uncomfertable and crying at any job. 

Why not somewhere with a view? (Which was my ultimate career goal for over a year now, next to a kind atmoshphere). 

Through people, I looked outside of camps and am at Northern MN resorts near the Boundary Waters (very popular area of outdoor recreation do to over 1000s of lakes being protected - while rich men try to pipelines and mines in it for decades). 

Compared to where I live where agriculture has severly changed the land and lakes, this is "untouched like wilderness". 

Barely no cell service, select wifi (a few builidngs have it). Boating more than allowed with many trails to on freely (a perfect place for a Rec and Park girl could work on her skills). 

While also a place for me to get pretty fit with no effort.... I need to get fitter, due to this. 

Within 4 days I did an application in, 2 cold calls. 

Both calls liked me, and thought I would fit in well. 1 sent me an application right away, and I have an interview with her this afternoon  on Skype. Yay! I've literally laughed with this woman within a five minute conversation... So I forsee a good convo. 

Interview Day GIF - Interview Suit Ready GIFs

TOP it OFF-- I had a simulated internview in front of my class on Monday. The critique was be confident, be a bit more summed up on some answers, else I was the one known for making an interview sound like a friendly conversation... 

• Like 4

I had my mom's death anniversary Jan 22.  It's tough but I know you'll get through it.  My relationship with her was strained and my therapist said it was 'complex grief' and what he said made a lot of sense.  You mention being estranged towards the end and gaslighting:  I know that my mom wasn't what I wanted her to be and my therapist said that you essentially mourn the loss of the parent and also mourn the fact that the relationship never got better.  No matter what happens - this is the card/person you are dealt.  *hugs and kisses and happy smiles and jolly handshakes all around*

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Teros said:

I had my mom's death anniversary Jan 22.  It's tough but I know you'll get through it.  My relationship with her was strained and my therapist said it was 'complex grief' and what he said made a lot of sense.  You mention being estranged towards the end and gaslighting:  I know that my mom wasn't what I wanted her to be and my therapist said that you essentially mourn the loss of the parent and also mourn the fact that the relationship never got better.  No matter what happens - this is the card/person you are dealt.  *hugs and kisses and happy smiles and jolly handshakes all around*

That makes sense a lot more for the last few years, mourning on not having the parents I have wished for. 

With my growth, in the end I'm very lucky. Despite the ilnesses my father was more than on task on being protective (my mother had to teach him to, and he was on full mode). 

Just how ended it up was junky, the layers of it. 

But I know now more than enough of you understand and deal with it daily. 

Interview in 1 hour... will upate after. 

• Like 4

I love the Boundary Waters. I have a couple of friends who went to the College in Vermillion, I think for parks and rec. One was a park ranger for a while and the other is a guide in Yellowstone. Anyway, good luck.

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I love the Boundary Waters. I have a couple of friends who went to the College in Vermillion, I think for parks and rec. One was a park ranger for a while and the other is a guide in Yellowstone. Anyway, good luck.

OOh you know somebody from YELLOWSTONE!!!
Tell you the truth that is close to celebrity level when talking about jobs with my professors. 

Idk if I ever will be a park ranger (this job will get me a better idea on skilling with my "dude don't do that" talk and getting heavy criticsm. 

The one college I haven't heard much from (hear more about Wisconsin here, despite that part of SD being close). 

Interview went fantastic! 

More than once she has repeated on "you will do well here". 

Its a family business with the new generation taking over (close to my age), looking for peeps to be able to switch between jobs (from cleaning to office work). Cleaning up after bears will not be a problem on my "handling disgusting moments".

Cheap housing, with my own studio apartment (my own SPACE) with 2 days off a week (which is amazing for this type of work).  I forsee sunrise hikes this summer...  Work day doesn't start still 8 and ends normally. 

She is calling up my past jobs, had talked with an old Zoo coworker right after the interview. Only one I'm worried about is Como, since I got sick a few times. He said I shouldn't worry too much. 

My musuem boss messaged me less than 30 mins after my interview that she had a chat with a nice woman asking about me. So started off on a good note (my boss loves me there). 

So now to focus on life... Like work and school work while all this cool stuff happens (shaking from the awesomeoness). 

First time I've ever had someone get through the paperwork quickly, not wanting to lose me. Next week I could be hired!

Not even halfway through the semester and I could have a job lined up :) 

• Like 3

Congratulations on the great interview. It sounds like it’ll be a fun summer.

Vermillion College is in Ely. Students snowmobile to class, there’s a dog sled class. I was very jealous when I found out about it. I should have been a park ranger.

https://www.vcc.edu/programs-degrees/

My other friend was a park ranger in Glacier, but it’s seasonal and it’s hard to make a living that way. Mrs. Sloth had a good friend who grew up in Yellowstone because his parents were Rangers there. It sounded like a great childhood.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

3 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

My other friend was a park ranger in Glacier, but it’s seasonal and it’s hard to make a living that way. Mrs. Sloth had a good friend who grew up in Yellowstone because his parents were Rangers there. It sounded like a great childhood.

Man really??? 

Right with the boundary waters........ 

WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS!

Even from professors. 

Aww its a comunity college (not looking down), I think someone from my high school went there. But didn't do great and went into the Navy...

I have a a feeling this school was made so people could get the certification needed for jobs that are in the area. Since everything could be so hands on, the most nationally known area. I could see getting certain experience and such would be great for the larger National Parks.... 

Them being a community college is the only way I can see why I never heard of it (something in my soul told me to get a 4 years). 

Next year's MN conference is in Brainerd, so I wonder if I'll see that college when I go next year (free for Students when one volnteers, but also my school pays for the rooms).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Through people, I looked outside of camps and am at Northern MN resorts near the Boundary Waters

Awesome!!  I used to live in Duluth .... God's Country, truly.  Voyager Outward Bound School is up there.  I'm not sure how much staff they need at Base Camp (Ely area), but I loved being there for two courses and then volunteering to fix up the site in the spring and fall.  

Some sort of Jedi .....

10 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Awesome!!  I used to live in Duluth .... God's Country, truly.  Voyager Outward Bound School is up there.  I'm not sure how much staff they need at Base Camp (Ely area), but I loved being there for two courses and then volunteering to fix up the site in the spring and fall.  

Putting that into future job areas to watch!! 

I will have a look into, and perhaps another idea for my pracitcum/internship next year. I was advised to look for a learning community/agency to get full benefit on finishing up my major. 

Okay another celebration! I am 299lbs! (Since I attempted Whole30 when working at Zoo last August). And I don't feel like I'm losing anything. I don't feel like I"m starving, my menses cycle decided to push refresh. (I gained 25 lbs after getting implant birth control, that's the only bad side effect. Since my menses has stopped or quieted down from the angry cramps that made me ill. Just taking time to manage where my body is at). 

I started using MyFitnessPal (Bouncer333) for a couple days. Realized the lack of mindfulness I've lost.And found my inner hunger montior has a correct voice, its just me feeding correctly I need to work on (I don't have a lot of veggies and meat on hand). 

I'm thinking with this knowing of darkness, having been in darkness for awhile. (My zoo job had me bummed about life for awhile there). Makes the good stuff extra sparkly!

No work today. As my class is meeting at a local state park (American Indigenous POV of a park I"ve been to for Rec and Park).  (realizing I live close to state parks and don't go check them out as much as I would like since I got a car). My parent's "don't pay for a park thinking". However, State Parks I feel are safer on solo walking, when you run around on icy trails.... 

And walking around down and up icy trails will be a good workout.... Maybe worth the price... 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Okay another celebration! I am 299lbs!

Congratulations!!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

On 2/21/2020 at 5:28 PM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

"you will do well here"

Def a good sign.

22 hours ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

found my inner hunger montior has a correct voice, its just me feeding correctly I need to work on

This is exactly what happens when I do w30.  You hear so much info about diet like IF or 5 smaller meals or whatever else; but if you focus on the quality of the food; your body makes the right call for how much/when.  Congrats.

• Like 1
On 2/22/2020 at 8:35 AM, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Congratulations!!!

Thank you!!!

10 hours ago, Teros said:

Def a good sign.

Yesh, and i keep having dreams that i get the job.

Waking up and searching it not there yet... Gah need to get lost in my homework, but that's tough

11 hours ago, Teros said:

This is exactly what happens when I do w30.  You hear so much info about diet like IF or 5 smaller meals or whatever else; but if you focus on the quality of the food; your body makes the right call for how much/when.  Congrats.

Yeah onto the next steps of figuring out keeping which food around. 

On other note... if I get the job. There will be only one place to get food within easy reach, unlike where I live in a college hub area (the city only five miles long at its widest). 

Up North, I'll have my own space but cooking everything when tired... 

Eating cold beans out of a can? Probably will happen. 

A wake up call...

This weekend I spent more than usual time outside. Hung out with an easy friend that followed on to an errand, that ended in a day out. I wandered REI, realized I needed to get my homework done so I good do fun research......

So onto DISCIPLINE.... fun... FUn goals. 

MILESTONE MARKERS

I'm opening up HabitRPG again and doing tracking for goals like @Chris-Tien Jinn. Getting to gold markers through certain goals. 

Mainly daily habits (that take less than an hour) and gain more through tasks.... 

I would like a new water bottle and gloves for my class trip on Thursday, and for rest of Winter. (Going to the National Momument Pipestone). 

If I don't reach the gold goal, oh well. I have other options. But need something to concentrate on.

As I will be tired on and off! ANd my goals matter for longer term!!!

• Like 4

On 2/23/2020 at 5:44 PM, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

On other note... if I get the job. There will be only one place to get food within easy reach, unlike where I live in a college hub area (the city only five miles long at its widest). 

Up North, I'll have my own space but cooking everything when tired... 

This is when you think about what strategies work for you.  Cooking ahead on weekends (slowcooker!!)??  Instapot? Warm up soup and make sandwiches?  Fast stir fries??  Fish tacos have become one of our staples because it takes about 5 minutes to microwave them from scratch (if you remember to take the fish out to defrost  .....).  

Some sort of Jedi .....

On 2/26/2020 at 7:49 AM, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

This is when you think about what strategies work for you.  Cooking ahead on weekends (slowcooker!!)??  Instapot? Warm up soup and make sandwiches?  Fast stir fries??  Fish tacos have become one of our staples because it takes about 5 minutes to microwave them from scratch (if you remember to take the fish out to defrost  .....).  

I need to get better at this... 

How on earth are you microwaving fish??

(My mom is allergic to most fish, and questions food posioning for the food she can eat... Otherwords I know i can eat tuna straight from the can... but its TUna from a can.... 

Been trying to work on school work... 

After going to see a site of a National Monuement (Pipestone...) for my Sacred Landscapes class. 

I sent myself to Perkins to reevaluate my school work. 

It helped, finally have all my notes organized. An ACED an exam I didn't study for, but was able to use my well orgnaized notes. I at least know how to reference for this professor (He gave a 30 min time limit, so if you do Ace it with notes you probably at least had an idea). 

Whelp more to go.. Maybe more time at Perkins at the future (or at least lattes when I get work done). 

Blah, it must be the atmoshepere or something. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Nice job on your test.

The Office Bow GIF - TheOffice Bow MichaelScott GIFs

I’ve never been to Pipestone. I should go.

Agreed, its Free now! Which is cool for a National Monument. Their updating the exhibits also. 

Just the long drive out there, town is very big on "selling" the Pipestone image with their small town/rural Minnesota. 

They have a great diner with all the options (Waitress gave us 20 mins to look through the many pages). 

What are you learning in Sacred Landscapes. ?

Kind of learning what causes a Land to be sacred. From looking at patterns of what would have made a place sacred or respected by Native people in the past (from resources to stories/connections with the land). Along why did Western culture chose to do on the land also. 

We will be visiting Jeffer's Petroglyphs, Bdote sites and going up to Superior to see a few places (hope no snow storms at the end of April). 

I need to work on my readings, but we will also be going into the conflicts of the fight for the return/protection of land. Along with how to raise one's voice in support of an organization. 

I wanted the class since a lot of the locations also are big Rec and Park places (many connections between my major and minor). 

That will hopefully have me be aware. 

Soo...... I got the job!!! 😁😎

In 70ish days I will be done with the semester AND moving up to Sasquatch/Moose land. 

So simutanesly while I live in the hardest part of the school year, I need to get my life setup to be disconnected. (No cell phone access, limited wifi, 40 mins from a grocery store). 

I forsee myself despite if I have a rought time with work, getting a needed  time in nature. 

Nature GIF - Nature Scenery GIFs

So levels of getting school work, paper work and SPRING cleaning. 

I foresee myself making a list soon... Many lists. 

I also figured out this week that I do better with folded up paper than a notebook for my lists. 

For the past 2 weeks I've eben able to keep track of some lists due to be able to fold and fit into wherever I need to (pocket or bag). 

And found it easy enough to check off from. 

If more than one paper? Just staple away!

So updates later....

• Like 2

And other life stuff: This week is the last week before the "Spring Break Week". School just annouced they will not allow trips to International Locations due to Coronavirus... I haven't been keeping with many of you, and I darn hope none of you have this coming anywhere near you. 

My social support system update: 

My mother is getting all 25 of her teeth pulled tomorrow. 

Insurance luckily covers everything! But she will have not teeth for at least 3 months for healing. Which with only 70 days left before I move, its going to be interesting.

My mom's boyfriend will be taking care of her. While I get the apartment to myself for a week (reasons like this I love/appreciate my to be stepdad).

She is looking forward to the pain relief, but the ability to speak and all that is going to be intersting (thankful my bf got her a tablet for her birthday which will help I think with talking with her). 

My brother is looking to buy a new car, he asked me to cosign. The dude has better credit than me so I see no worries there of him not paying up. He tried yesterday to see if he could get a car loan, the credit location was already closed... He has no money for a down payment so IDK how this is going to go.... 

Will try Monday (they wouldn't hold the car till Friday sadly). Which I'm a little annoyed with him since Monday and Tuesday are going to be my most stressful days this week.... Not couting today.

I told him he will have to feed me... Which will be needed. 

Upside if he gets a car before I move up, he will have no problem coming up and visitng me for camping/fishing vacay. 

My boyfriend, so we've had to make a boundary in our lives. He still cares for me, but has limited energy to share. Seeing him has been put off except for maybe going out to eat in rememberance of my dad. It's hard to explain, but basically realizing how much I've been needing our realtinship. A good chance to revaluate, and see what I need before I move away from my connections. 

Due to this, Spring Break is going to be more on rest/school work/goals. I wanted to go to a Natinal Wildlife refuge in the Cities, but might go in the smaller places around me since I do have a state park pass (FREEDOM!)

On my dad- I've started to remember stuff about my Dad that are nice, were from love, stuff that's been locked up. Like I said before its just all the other bs layers that his family has that lead to problems (where it was healthier despite issues to live at least 30-45 mins from relatives). While also remembering the day very strongly where he was entered into the hospital, where he wouldn't come back home (realizing how much that type of stuff was a norm).

For my father I realized there is a food connectiong with him. 

With my father, I got my love of Food. My mother always told me I should be a food blogger, but I need some confidence to do that. 

But may start with these: 

On his death (March 10th)  I will be finding "liver and onions" dish that people remember him eating on the day I was born (and every time before and after). 

On July 14 its a Chocolate Bismark with Sprinkles (the donut he was eating when my mother called, was the first time they meant for a Toastmasters event). 

Coming  up with something for his birthday, November 12... The birthday I've been avoidng for at least 5 years. If I can face his death, why do I have difficulty with his birthday?

• Like 2

Congrats on the job!

Good on you for starting early to get everything squared away - hoping your mom gets used to her new mouth quickly; she should - dentistry has come a long way since when mine had her teeth done and she was so thankful to have hers.

Glad you’re remembering the good about your dad, and I get why his birthday is hard. I barely remember to stop and think on my mother’s death day, but I celebrate her birthday every year with a nice sushi (or other Asian) meal - which I usually take myself out to while wearing her pearls or at least favorite color - and a glass of wine.

• Like 2

Level 77 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59