• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jupiter

Jupiter Stays Consistent

Monday Stats:

Fitness:

100% plan:    

- Strength training 20 minutes on Mondays ✔️ -- A little harder to get through than I was hoping today, but I'm not really surprised since I didn't do much exercise last week. Need to figure out how to fit everything in now that my work hours are getting longer. 

- Yoga 20-30 minutes on Wednesdays/Fridays 

- Walking 30 minutes on Saturdays 

10% plan:

- Strength training 5 minutes on Mondays  

- Yoga 10 minutes on Wednesdays/Fridays 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat 2-3 servings of fruit per day -- Nothing today.

- Eat 1 serving of veggies per week   

10% plan:

- Eat 1 serving of fruit per day 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- Rewrote 3 pages. I like it so far, though I'm not sure about this one little bit. I'm not sure which direction to go with it, if one way or the other would be more true for my main character. 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page every day 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day ✔️ -- Read for a couple of hours. 

- Cook breakfast on Sundays -- Ran around all afternoon so nothing yet. 

- Go to bed half an hour early 

- Draw once a week 

- De-clutter the junk room once a week 

• Like 2

On 3/9/2020 at 8:07 PM, Jupiter said:

I'm not sure which direction to go with it, if one way or the other would be more true for my main character. 

Why not write both and see what happens? I've heard that when writing sometimes the character takes over and does the writing for themselves when it's authentic to their nature. As I'm not a writer I don't know if this is true or not, but it sounds awesome right?!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, nianjufe said:

Why not write both and see what happens?

Yeah, I may do that and then I'll see which one I like better. I think it really could go either way, I just need to decide which emotional path is best for the character at this point in the story. 

10 hours ago, nianjufe said:

I've heard that when writing sometimes the character takes over and does the writing for themselves when it's authentic to their nature. As I'm not a writer I don't know if this is true or not, but it sounds awesome right?!

LOL, yes, that does sound awesome. :) 

Tuesday/Wednesday stats:

Monday Stats:

Fitness:

100% plan:    

- Strength training 20 minutes on Mondays 

10% plan:

- Yoga 10 minutes on Wednesdays/Fridays ✔️ -- Rest day yesterday, around 12 minutes of yoga today. 

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat 2-3 servings of fruit per day ✔️ -- 2 servings today. 

- Eat 1 serving of veggies per week ✔️ -- 1 yesterday. 

10% plan:

- Eat 1 serving of fruit per day ✔️ -- 1 serving yesterday. 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day 

10% plan:

- Revise half a page every day ✔️ -- Was really tired today and only managed about a page. Hoping to get to bed early tonight, get a good night's sleep, and try for more tomorrow. 

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day ✔️ -- Read for a couple hours. 

- Cook breakfast on Sundays ✔️ -- Cooked twice this week. Some scrambled eggs yesterday, some spaghetti today. I'm aiming for cooking tomorrow too. I've been craving pancakes like nobody's business. Not exactly the healthiest, but at least it'll help to get me more into the habit of cooking. Hopefully. 

- Draw once a week 

• Like 3

Wow your work is crazzzzzzy :( BUT Vacation I hope its relaxing and calming because you deserve it. 

Suddenly I want pancakes too ... weird.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2020 at 8:29 AM, Rookie said:

Wow your work is crazzzzzzy :( BUT Vacation I hope its relaxing and calming because you deserve it. 

It's very crazy. I heard from one of my co-workers that now we have to take on work from another position as well as our own work (because apparently we don't have enough). Everyone is so swamped, and there's not enough people to do the work. And thank you, I appreciate that. :D It was very calming and relaxing, but now I'm afraid to go back LOL. 

On 3/12/2020 at 8:29 AM, Rookie said:

Suddenly I want pancakes too ... weird.

LOL, cravings happen that way. :D I did end up making the pancakes, but it's been so long that I burned them a bit. They still tasted good though. :)

The stores are crazy. Nearly everything is completely sold out. I only went out to grab a few things, and ended up buying a few extra things for my pantry because who knows when the stores will be restocked. It's madness. Anyway, mostly keeping up on things. Didn't get as much work done as I'd like, but I should still have this chapter finished by tomorrow (crossing my fingers). I'm hoping I only need to give it another once over after this to add a few details that I forgot about and clean things up a bit and then it'll be good to go. We'll see. Had 2 to 3 servings of fruit the last few days. Missed a workout yesterday but got it in today. Cooked three times this week. Read some. Finished all three seasons of Shadowhunters, which is an awesome show (except for the ending, I didn't like it very much). Also finally got around to watching the new Charlie's Angels movie, which was also awesome. I don't really like Kristen Stewart, but she actually did really well in this. Still have things left on my list that I wasn't able to get done this week but hopefully I can do some of it next weekend. 

Anyway, I think that's it for an update. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. 

• Like 4

Sorry I haven't been on much. Will update that on my thread.

You're doing a great job with all the pressure you've been under. Don't beat yourself up. *hugs*

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

Sorry I haven't been on much. Will update that on my thread.

You're doing a great job with all the pressure you've been under. Don't beat yourself up. *hugs*

No need to be sorry, things happen. And thank you, doing my best. :) *hugs back*

Sunday stats:

Fitness:

100% plan:    

- Strength training 20 minutes on Mondays -- Rest day, though I did two 30 second planks just because. 

10% plan:

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat 2-3 servings of fruit per day 

- Eat 1 serving of veggies per week ✔️ -- Only 1 serving. It was part of my frozen meal but it counts.  

10% plan:

- Eat 1 serving of fruit per day 

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- And done. I can't believe I finished rewriting this chapter in a week. It's been months since I managed to do that. And I don't think it's too bad either, just need to give it another pass through and clean it up some and then I can call it done and move on. Four chapters left now (well, maybe five, I may be adding a chapter). 

10% plan:

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day ✔️ -- Read for about 2 hours. 

- Cook breakfast on Sundays 

- Draw once a week 

I go back to work tomorrow. Wish me luck. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Jupiter said:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day ✔️ -- And done. I can't believe I finished rewriting this chapter in a week. It's been months since I managed to do that. And I don't think it's too bad either, just need to give it another pass through and clean it up some and then I can call it done and move on. Four chapters left now (well, maybe five, I may be adding a chapter). 

Yay! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I go back to work tomorrow. Wish me luck. 

Feeling overwhelmed while at work? Go hide in the bathroom for a minute. 😉

Seriously though, it sounds like the routine you started with taking mini-breaks was helping. Keep it up.

• Like 1

Monday stats:

Fitness:

100% plan:    

- Strength training 20 minutes on Mondays ✔️ -- Officially added another set for a few exercises in one of my workout plans. Didn't do too badly. 

10% plan:

Nutrition:

100% plan: 

- Eat 2-3 servings of fruit per day 

- Eat 1 serving of veggies per week ✔️ -- 1 serving. 

10% plan:

- Eat 1 serving of fruit per day ✔️ -- Just 1 serving today. I'm running out of fruit since I wasn't able to get anything this weekend. Hoping I can get something tomorrow, but we'll see.

Intellectual:

100% plan:

- Revise 1 and a half to 2 pages every day -- No revisions today. Decided to give it a break and come back to it tomorrow, so I came up with a new plot point on the outline for another project. 

10% plan:

Miscellaneous goals:

- Read 30 minutes a day -- Will do once I log off. 

- Cook breakfast on Sundays  ✔️ -- Cooked scrambled eggs with toast and nutella for dinner. Yum. 

- Draw once a week 

Not quite 9.5 hours but pretty close. A bit of a rocky start as I get back into the swing of things but by the afternoon things weren't too bad. I took some work from other people to help lighten their loads and bulk up mine, and I'm taking on more tomorrow. Still, I was hoping to get all caught up today and stay caught up, but the system was soooo slooooow. Everyone is officially working from home until everything blows over and as a result we're overloading the system, which slows it down, which means we get less work done. Oi. Anyway, off to watch the start of season 2 of Roswell, New Mexico. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fitnessgurl said:

Feeling overwhelmed while at work? Go hide in the bathroom for a minute. 😉

Seriously though, it sounds like the routine you started with taking mini-breaks was helping. Keep it up.

LOL I've been doing that occasionally when I'm in the office. :D And thanks, it seems to be helping, though I forgot today (as I have a tendency to do, especially when the routine gets broken up), so I added reminders in my calendar. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Ugh, work is kicking my behind. Close to 10 hour days all week and I'm back to barely sleeping. Need to fix that. 

Your pain, I feel it.

At work now for my 5th 10 hour day this week after another lousy night's sleep. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Whisper said:

Your pain, I feel it.

At work now for my 5th 10 hour day this week after another lousy night's sleep. 

Ouch. :( Hopefully you're able to take a break and rest some this weekend. 

8 hours ago, bdwilson said:

That work schedule is rough 🙁

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Eeep. 10 hours is a lot. 

Yup, for sure. My boss tried to get me to stay longer today, but in the end I didn't. I have to work OT over the weekend though. 

Worked around 9.5 hours. Today stressed me out so much I stress-ate Nutella straight from the jar. Still, got in my yoga, 2 servings of fruit, and managed to somehow cook myself dinner. No writing since Monday. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Today stressed me out so much I stress-ate Nutella straight from the jar

Sometimes it's the right thing to do.  And with scifi movie that is life now you still managed the other things.  Rock on

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Still, got in my yoga, 2 servings of fruit, and managed to somehow cook myself dinner.

Great job getting these in! That's hard to do when things are so busy.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chesire said:

Sometimes it's the right thing to do.  And with scifi movie that is life now you still managed the other things.  Rock on

11 hours ago, bdwilson said:

Great job getting these in! That's hard to do when things are so busy.

Thanks guys. :) 

Did all the things today. Had to go to two grocery stores to get enough frozen/pantry foods to last me for a bit. They surprisingly had plenty of fruit and veggies so I grabbed some of that too. But no one has fresh meat. Like, none. Why is everyone stockpiling all the meat? Crazy. Anyway, got in a 30 minute walk with all the running around I had to do to find food, de-cluttered a little, worked a couple of hours (I'm just shy of 50 hours right now, still have to work some tomorrow too), did some laundry, read for an hour, and revised about a page, aiming for another half a page, but I don't know. I think I'm beat. 

And that's the end of the challenge. All things considered, I don't think I did too badly. Had a couple of off days but otherwise mostly kept up with things.

See you all for the next challenge. 

• Like 4

On 3/21/2020 at 8:34 PM, Jupiter said:

Did all the things today. Had to go to two grocery stores to get enough frozen/pantry foods to last me for a bit. They surprisingly had plenty of fruit and veggies so I grabbed some of that too. But no one has fresh meat. Like, none. Why is everyone stockpiling all the meat? Crazy. 

It is weird. I guess people see meat as an essential? But, I mean, we're all going to have to go shopping some time... so what's the point? 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 9:00 AM, Harriet said:

It is weird. I guess people see meat as an essential? But, I mean, we're all going to have to go shopping some time... so what's the point? 

Yeah I don't know, the whole thing does seem rather pointless. I'm just curious where they are putting it all. 

Looks like you did pretty darn good over this challenge! I think stress levels are just plain dialed up right now, stress eating a jar of Nutella is pretty understandable and doesn't sound like a bad idea tbh 😛 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 10:47 PM, NightWatcher13 said:

Looks like you did pretty darn good over this challenge! I think stress levels are just plain dialed up right now, stress eating a jar of Nutella is pretty understandable and doesn't sound like a bad idea tbh 😛 

Thanks! :D LOL, yeah agreed, just as long as it's only every once in a while.