Grandkai Get's back to basics 2.0

Grandkai_NL

Grandkai Get's back to basics 2.0

Last challenge i did fairly well with getting back on the horse and bettering my every day life. This challenge is a continuation of my previous challenge to first go back to a good basic life.

Workout

Goal 1A: Workout 3x a week

Goal 1B: Run outside 1x a week

Last challenge i did pretty good with workout out a few times a week and i want to continue that streak. So gonna keep doing my Push/Pull/Legs Full Body setup.
I also used to be a decent/regular runner, used to run 2-3 times a week for about 5-10 km every time. But after a running competition...uuh 2 years ago?.... i stopped running. The weather here is going to the better side of it all and i want to take this opportunity to get back into running and enjoy the outside again and clear my head.

Nutrition

Goal 2A: No ordering food for the whole challenge

Goal 2B: Use a protein shake to UP my protein intake

Last challenge i did...oke with not ordering food but near the end of the challenge i got lazy and ordered food. Yeah its handy but i still ordered mostly "bad, fatty, fried" food. So i want to stop ordering that all again and enjoy the meals I MAKE.

I did realize with the last challenge and tracking all my food, well most of my foods, that protein wise i was a bit lower than i need to be. According to MFP i need to eat 100g of protein but if i calculate i should be getting more around 200g. So i'm buying some protein powder to help me up my protein amount and help me get closer to the amount i should be getting.

Hobby/Skill

Goal 3A: Everyday Blender with Pomodoro cleaning

Goal 3B: Everyday stretch/Handstand practice

Last challenge i started learning Blender and i'm loving it, did it 2-3 times a week and noticed every time i worked with it i had to really remember all my short-cut keys. So i decided to practice/learn it every day to remember the keys and get faster progress. I am gonna combine this with my Pomodoro style of cleaning. 

I also used to stretch every morning and do some form of Handstand practice (on a regular basis), i want to get better at this stuff aswell cause doing a handstand is one of my goals for 2020. So every morning i'm going to do stretches (after i'm done with reading and coffee), at the gym i'm doing the NF Handstand workouts & if i dont have a gym day i'm doing some wall stands & headstands.

giphy.gif

Here we go!!

• Like 4

These are great goals! I might do the exact same things next challenge... 😅

1 hour ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Goal 3A: Everyday Blender with Pomodoro cleaning

So i decided to practice/learn it every day to remember the keys and get faster progress. I am gonna combine this with my Pomodoro style of cleaning. 

I'm confused what "Pomodoro cleaning" means in the context of learning Blender... I know the Pomodoro technique for working, but I can't  parse the word "cleaning".

• Like 1

The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.

Instagram food log

10 minutes ago, Akura said:

I'm confused what "Pomodoro cleaning" means in the context of learning Blender... I know the Pomodoro technique for working, but I can't  parse the word "cleaning".

I'm doing 10 minutes of Blender work and then 5 minutes of cleaning. Then Blender again for 10 minutes, clean 5 minutes, blender 10 minutes, clean 15 minutes. 
I know it easier to clean up immediately after i used something but, for me atleast, this is a great way to clean up and clean the big stuff every day (like the bathroom & the toilet)

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Grandkai_NL said:

I'm doing 10 minutes of Blender work and then 5 minutes of cleaning. Then Blender again for 10 minutes, clean 5 minutes, blender 10 minutes, clean 15 minutes. 
I know it easier to clean up immediately after i used something but, for me atleast, this is a great way to clean up and clean the big stuff every day (like the bathroom & the toilet)

Ah, that's clever!

• Like 1

The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.

Instagram food log

Week 1, Day 1 till 3

A decent first few days. Ordered my protein powder and got delivered yesterday, which was perfect cause it was a workout day. I forgot that protein shakes don't have the most amazing taste :D I have to tiny bit of trouble to change up my routine with the stretching again in the morning and changing my Pomodoro stuff with Blender. But i'm sure after week 1 i will have gotten used to it. Not much more to report as of now...

Progress:
Goal 1A: X X - / - - - / - - - / - - - / - - -

Goal 1B: - X X - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / 

------------

Goal 2A: X X X - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / 

Goal 2B: - - X - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / 

------------

Goal 3A: X - X - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / 

Goal 3B: X X X - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / 

• Like 3
On 2/20/2020 at 9:40 PM, Akura said:

For me it took a lot of testing to find a brand and flavour that is okay.

Luckily i have a 1000g container, so i can finish it somewhat fast and try a different taste.

On 2/21/2020 at 12:36 AM, Defining said:

If you can find it, I've found that the unflavoured/unsweetened whey & casein tend to be the easiest to use.

I'll have to try unflavored after this Strawberry one

• Like 1

Week 1, Day 4 till 7
Rest of the week went oke, didn't have a chance to go for a run outside (the weather was shitty as f**k, a lot of rain and strong winds). But i did stretch a bit everyday and notice my wrist and body have gotten a bit stiff so its nice to get it all loose again. I made some great progress with Blender, its been a bit since i worked with it so i had to re-learn shortcuts but when i got that dialed in i was able to follow the tutorial pretty good. Last challenge i shared this picture of my tutorial donut:
Donut_render.png?width=832&height=468
Which is already pretty cool and tasty looking. But during the weekend i was able to add something to it to create this:

Donut__sprinkles_render.png
ITS HAS SPRINKLES!!!!! 
So its looking better and better. I'm still a long way off from starting with my project but seeing this stuff is just amazing and really motivating.

Progress:
Goal 1A: X X X / - - - / - - - / - - - / - - -

Goal 1B: - / - / - / - / - 

------------

Goal 2A: X X X X X X - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / 

Goal 2B: - - X - X - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / 

------------

Goal 3A: X - X - - X X / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / 

Goal 3B: X X X X X- - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / 

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1
On 2/17/2020 at 2:30 AM, Grandkai_NL said:

Goal 3B: Everyday stretch/Handstand practice

Where are you with your handstands right now?

Your tutorial donut is also super cool, btw. How long did it take you to get there?

Challenge:   0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  

Really late update...
How long has it been since i updated? 2 weeks? Woah thats quite a long time. Time to explain what happened.
There's no deep explanation, no extreme situation that has happened. I just got sucked into Destiny 2 PVP, trying to get better because a new content drop coming tomorrow with a big emphasis on PVP events. And that has taken a lot of my time, focused a lot on that when i was home. WOOPS!

So what did go well the last 2 weeks? Getting my workouts in & tracking my food intake with MFP. So.......only 2 out of 6 YIKES!
However i got that itch scratched pretty good right now and even tho the next content comes tomorrow i feel much better pushing it to the side and focus on other stuff. 

Workouts have been going great, getting stronger every week. The food tracking is also going well, have been eating a bit higher calories last week and when i stood on the scale a hour ago i lost a tiny bit of weight (0,2kg & 0,1% bf). So i have to be close to what MFP says to lose weight. (i ate about 2200-2700 and according to MFP i need to eat about 2000 to lose weight consistently) 

The plan for the last 2 weeks, changing the goals up a bit cause i said in the title "Gets back to basics 2.0" but its too much basics:
- Workout 3 times a week STAYS
- Run 1x a week  im removing this one cause the weather isnt looking to get any better for the next 2 weeks. So i'm gonna shift that to next challenge where the weather will be better, hopefully

- No ordering food STAYS
- Up my protein with a shake STAYS, trying to hit 200g of protein on workout days and somewhat near 130-150g on non-workout days
- Everyday Blender with cleaning CHANGES I need to focus on Blender instead of doing it with cleaning, dont know yet how many times a week i'm going to do it but i will do it on days i dont workout (more time)
- Stretch/Handstand CHANGES: dropping the handstand practice but keeping the stretches, right now i feel overwhelmed with everything so only keeping the most important one. 

On 2/24/2020 at 3:05 PM, Manarelle said:

Mmmmm, sprinkles. That looks really good, with no obvious repeat patterns and the shading is amazing. Nifty how you can rotate it, too. Boo to crappy weather, here's hoping this week improves. 

well as you probably read...it didnt :( Near the end of march the weather seems to really change to spring (which is my favorite season)

On 2/24/2020 at 8:42 PM, Akura said:

👀 My 750g container last like forever...

I take about 4 scoops a day (the max they recommend :D ) to get to my 200g protein. I did some math and if i do that every day that container can last about 2 weeks :D so...probably good to get more prtein from other sources aswell

On 3/1/2020 at 6:17 AM, juliebarkley said:

Where are you with your handstands right now?

Your tutorial donut is also super cool, btw. How long did it take you to get there?

I'm not really far right now, the furthest i have come with handstands were free HEADstands and maybe 5 second crow poses. 
I think it took me, if i only take the time i followed the tutorial on the dot, a couple of hours. But i took a lot of days between episodes to continue. I have been working on it now for a couple of weeks. Following the tutorial is easy, but i know that when i start with my project and have to do it on my own the progress will be really slow

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Run 1x a week  im removing this one cause the weather isnt looking to get any better for the next 2 weeks. So i'm gonna shift that to next challenge where the weather will be better, hopefully

I feel you on the weather, but is there anything you could do indoors to ease you into running outdoors next time? Like jogging in place for a few minutes or something? Then you have a chance to build momentum for that transition to the outdoors.

Challenge:   0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  

On 3/9/2020 at 9:51 AM, Grandkai_NL said:

The plan for the last 2 weeks, changing the goals up a bit cause i said in the title "Gets back to basics 2.0" but its too much basics:

Plans change, good that you recognize that before it drives you nuts. How'd the altered plans go? 

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current