Seduisante Refuses to Go Down Without a Fight

Seduisante

OK.  Deep breaths and do the thing!  

I haven't done a challenge in years but figured with the 10th anniversary challenge - why the hell not?!?!  So taking a shot at this while trying to not bite off more that I can chew.

Any of my old challenges were all in the Monks forum.  But since then I've added in lifting and I love it.  So I guess you could say that I'm more of a Warrior Monk these days?  Unfortunately, a mysterious shoulder injury has befallen our hero, making martial arts training nigh impossible.  In fact, it's become difficult to pick up heavy things and put them back down.  But I refuse to go down without a fight.  So I've revamped my gym routine to work around the injury until such a time that it can be identified and eliminated.  SO!  All that being said, here's the plan:

Nutrition - no excuses.  Even if I can't exercise I should be able to keep this in check

1) Log what I eat M-Th and AT LEAST 2 weekend days (F, Sa, Su).  (those damned weekends tend to get away from me!)

2)  Hit my protein goal 80% of the time

Fitness

1) Some sort of exercise 4 times/week.  Preferably the gym.  Though sometimes life gets in the way (3 kids, 1 full time job, and one part time job).  But also, if I piss off my shoulders I still need to do SOMETHING.  So going on a 30 minute walk also works.

2) Foam rolling (back, neck, chest) at least 1x/day.  Preferably 2x/day.

Overall health

1) Turn off electronics (phone, tablet, computer, ALL of it) by 10pm.

2) Take those vitamins every day

That's probably plenty.  Ready?     . . . . . . . . GO!

ETA - apparently I am unable to GIF.  Must research.  

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Heather

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

Well shit.  Migraine apparently powered up overnight and returned.  Day 7 of this shit and I've had enough!  Hoping to medicate it enough that I can still get to the gym this evening.  Especially since I missed going yesterday for the same reason.  

• Sad 1

Heather

Well, you win some, you lose some.  Migraine lifted for most of the day, but returned in the late afternoon/early evening.  Went to the gym anyway and then off to teach  karate.  Tried a new script last night for the migraine and woke up at 4:30 with my head hurting anyway.  Sigh - will try again today and hope for the best?  

Nutrition 

1) Log what I eat - done!  

2)  Hit my protein goal 80% of the time - got within 10% yesterday, so I'm counting it

Fitness

1) Some sort of exercise 4 times/week.  1/4 for the week

2) Foam rolling (back, neck, chest) - done!  :)  Only got to the back once because when I woke up with my head hurting yesterday the thought of getting down to the floor and back up to roll out my back made me want to cry.  But I got it done at the gym in the evening, rolled out my neck morning and night (mostly because I can do that standing up and have figured out how to do it while I brush my teeth.  LOL)  Got the chest rolled out, too.  

Overall health

1) Turn off electronics (phone, tablet, computer, ALL of it) by 10pm.  I may have gone over by about 5 minutes, but I'm still calling it a win.  I didn't bring the phone to bed to with me and, in all fairness, I did,'t even get home until about 9:30 (typical for Tuesdays and Thursdays for me).

2) Take those vitamins every day - Yay!   got them done yesterday.  Which makes me feel good in general.

Lifting went OK yesterday, all things considered.  Shoulder was only a little pissed off and it feels fine today.  Headache came and went throughout the session, but that was pretty much going to happen anyway, I think.  Managed to increase the weight a bit on my zercher squats, so that makes me happy.  It's the little things.

Fingers crossed that the Maxalt kicks in for the migraine and I can function like a mostly normal human being at work today.  

• Sad 1

Heather

Hey @Seduisante, how are things going? Did the Maxalt ever kick in?

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32