• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WritingWeaver

Welcome to Hope County, WritingWeaver

Welcome to Hope County, Ren Carris!

HC.PNG.1b579f79666081c0b677ee760f78fdd7.PNG

You’ve read your briefing on the way here, right?

Good.

The Seed family, their Project at Edens Gate, it needs to be stopped and you’re going to help us. People are scared, scared for their life, for their families, and it’s getting worse.

This mission is just a scouting mission for now, I’m not prepared to send a Rook like you in to deal with this, but we need eyes on the inside. If you find yourself in trouble, send word and I’ll send help.

Study everything you can for each member of the Seeds, and when you come back, we’ll formulate a plan.

Good Luck.

Joseph Seed

Father.PNG.a129ff0f3a02495568dd5fdfc2892bf1.PNG

"We are all special, we are all smart. But yet we seem to need the desperate approval of some 'digital friends' that we hardly even know, and your family and your loved ones are right here, sitting beside you." 

Deputy, Joseph Seed is not one to be taken lightly. In fact, he’s a downright nut.

He’s the leader of this Project, thinks a higher power whispers in his ear about the end of the world. He’s been gathering followers, willing or not, to prepare for it; building bunkers, soldiers and a massive following in general that are willing to die for him and his family.

Be careful

Charismatic Presence

Presence: Keep mind on the here and now, focus mental and emotional energy on someone during interactions.

• Bring self to the here and now - To bring the mind back, focus on physical sensations typically ignored for a second: Breath, Feet touching the ground. Don't think of how you will respond while the other is speaking
  • Eye Contact and non verbal signs of Listening (nodding)
  • Ask Clarifying Questions; wait a few seconds before responding

Power: Aiming to be perceived as able to affect the world around us.

• Boost Confidence:
    • Know a little about a lot
    • Dress for power: 
    • Body Language: Try several Power Poses when needed 

Warmth: Being approachable, caring and empathetic.

• Practice Gratitude: Write down 3 things each day I am grateful for
  • Develop Empathy:
    • Think of others as family, or being connected
    • Interact face to face
    • Be curious about others
    • Smile!

Trying for 5 genuine conversations per day under these guidelines. 

John Seed

John.PNG.cb6186bb397c3f782048f2e298b0a498.PNG

"I know, opening yourself, exposing your darkest secrets can be… challenging. Can be scary. But this is a safe space, there is no judgement here"

John has everyone’s hands tied legally around here.

He uses intimidation and violence to get what he wants out of people. Indoctrination and influencing those he deems worthy are forced to join and they kill those who resist.

Be careful around him, Ren.

Eliminating Self-Deception

Stop Limiting Thoughts: Try to catch limiting thoughts/beliefs/statements before I act (or don't act) on something. When one comes up, try flipping it to be a positive statement or affirmation. Make it:

• Personal
  • Positive
  • Present Tense
  • Powerful

Say Yes: Stop limiting opportunities and chances!

• Leads to more opportunities that don't always come up again 
  • Attracts Positivity
  • Life's Too Short
  • Someone Believes In Me

Find 2 things per day to say yes to when the chance arises!

Jacob Seed

Jacob.PNG.94837db541322bedd6223d29b7f3190f.PNG

"This world is weak. Soft. We have forgotten what it is like to be strong"

The soldier and head of security, Jacob is no pushover.

We’ve had reports of some kind of mutations with a few of the predator animals, mostly wolves; these mutations he calls Judges. Stronger, faster and more resilient than their standard kin.

He also uses torture as training for the soldiers he trains for Edens Gate; conditioning, starvation and trials that force people to kill each other, all to cull the herd. Sacrificing the weak to the strong.

Ren, keep your wits about you when dealing with Jacob.  

Workout: 

• Insanity: Monday to Saturday
  • Walk to Work

Nutrition:

• Eat at least twice a day, 80% Paleo. 
  • No junk food; One day off per week, allowed a few snacks within reason.  
  • Drink mostly water, maybe some tea if in the mood. 

Faith 

Faith.PNG.0a15bcfca2fce3068fa6ae06c4c5e0b2.PNG

"Think about your life: Where you are, what you’ve done. Does it give you purpose? Do you feel fulfilled?"

Faith.

She is the siren that keeps the people complacent. There have been stories of those that lose themselves and become so brain dead that they are essentially husks.

She’s a liar and manipulator, she’ll spin a story for you to try and lure you in with her talks of purity and finding fulfillment.

Don’t fall to her lies.

Make Life Goals

• Where do I want to be in 5 years? 
  • What do I need to get there?
  • What could hold me back and how to overcome obstacles?

Work on a project that's been delayed or abandoned

• Pick one story and write it
  • If other ideas come up, jot notes and put them away
  • Finish one before working on the next idea.

• Like 6

Ohhh my gosh this freaking game. 😬

I love your challenge theme, I love your goals. I look forward to all of the awesome! Let me know if I can help in any way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WolfDreamer said:

Ohhh my gosh this freaking game. 😬

I love your challenge theme, I love your goals. I look forward to all of the awesome! Let me know if I can help in any way.

Such a great game :)
I'll post something in the next day or two, just an idea right now, but I think it will keep me accountable. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, WritingWeaver said:

Such a great game :)
I'll post something in the next day or two, just an idea right now, but I think it will keep me accountable. 

Can I be Dutch? 😁

This challenge looks so cool. I am not familiar with the game, but I love the way you have structured your goals around it, very creative. These also sound like some really good goals to be working on.

• Like 1

Ren,

We're hearing whispers that you aren't eating properly. 

One meal a day, regardless of how much you want to push yourself on this mission, is not sufficient for the tasks you have before you. 

Be warned, you now have Jacob's attention. 

Do whatever you can to lay low. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, WritingWeaver said:

Ren,

We're hearing whispers that you aren't eating properly. 

One meal a day, regardless of how much you want to push yourself on this mission, is not sufficient for the tasks you have before you. 

Be warned, you now have Jacob's attention. 

Do whatever you can to lay low. 

The question is what happens when Jacob does get your attention...

Good luck with all your goals! Hope you aren't getting overwhelmed, beutfiul fun challenge as always!

• Like 1

Ren,

First off, I know it's not easy, the mental and physical training you're having to go through, but I know you're pushing yourself. Don't forget to try sending information and updates when you can. And when it's safe. We'll need it when you return. 

However... 

We're hearing whispers once again of you not eating properly. I shouldn't have to remind you that we need you in top form on this mission; that includes getting enough nutrition for the training you're going through. 

Be warned, Jacob's going to be watching you like a Hawk, so focus. I don't think you'll get another chance to escape suspicion.

• Like 3

I was thinking this might be some positive energy that would help with your "eliminating self deception" goal.

p.s. Food is fuel. Listen to that very wise voice!

-------------

You've been caught in the "crossfire" of the Scouts Virtual Color Run!

image.png

It's just a little bit of light-hearted fun and a celebration of Spring.

If you want to "participate," here are some ideas for this week:

• For one exercise session this week, pull out the brightest version of clothing you might reasonably wear
  • Get into the spirit of the holiday by letting go of an old grudge or resentment, or by taking the opportunity to turn over a new leaf and make a fresh start on something
  • Enjoy the season...find an extra reason to spend a few minutes enjoying being outside
  • "Throw some color" on someone else...maybe spread some cheer, or do a good deed.
  • Like 4