It starts like many adventures start. in a corner of a tavern. The adventurer listens to the tale of the bard and an idea for a quest forms in her head. A quest to a local mountain, to steal from the dragon within. She'd be a local hero. The plan lights a fire in the young adventurer and she sets about preparing for her quest. 

Once again I attempt to complete a challenge and I have decided this will be the one where I actually manage to do so. I am in a rough spot right now. Most of that is outlined here in my Daily Battlelog. So the challenge goals with be related to that. 

Main quest: Hike to the mountain: To feel better about myself and moving. To go on longer hikes

Challenge Quests:

• Physical health: Go to the Gym 3 times a week + a walk in the woods every week with the dogs
  • Dental health: Brush every morning and evening, Floss every evening
  • Mental health: Meditate every day
  • Adventure goal: Hike to Kollen

Completion (80% completion will be considered a success)

• Physical Health: Gym 2/15 Walk 0/5
  • Dental Health: Morning 2/35, Evening 4/35, Floss 4/35
  • Mental Health: 2/35
  • Adventure: 0/1
  • Like 2

Character sheet

Discord: Craftyviking#1460

5 hours ago, Craftyviking said:

this will be the one where I actually manage to do so.

Yes it will. You know, I consider a challenge successful even if I don't hit my goals, provided I report in about why I didn't hit them and start plotting the next step.

Gym and meditation are never wrong. Good luck.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

9 hours ago, Hazard said:

Welcome back @Craftyviking

How far away is the mountain?

Well. the mountain in the post is more of a metaphorical mountain. But I do have a hiking goal. https://www.barnevandring.no/stage-1

It has 7 stages, 136 km in total and a tragic story behind it.  This is also local history for me since I am raised not too far from the trail and live not too distant from the end. 

The hike that is in the adventure goal is a more local one https://ut.no/turforslag/116627/kollen-i-fjreheia-grimstad

• Like 2

Character sheet

On 3/4/2020 at 10:01 PM, Ranger Hal said:

Hey, how are things going?

Well. They could both be going better and worse. 

On March first I discovered I had completely lost track of my tracking for this. And I took some steps to make a new tracking for it. I made a google spreadsheet that you can see Here

I have lost two weeks of tracking but Eh, if I can keep this up for 3 weeks I will be happy. 

Status March 1st to 7th

I am doing quite good. Most of my goals I am hitting all the steps on, the only one I am struggling with is brushing my teeth in the morning. But since I am remembering to floss AND brush in the evening I am still managing to hit over 80% there. 

I also had the hike to Kollen on Saturday. It was a tough trip emotionally. It is a hike that is supposed to take 1 hour each way and I used 1 hour and 45 mins. It was also exhausting and reminded me of how out of shape I am. But it was great and the dog really enjoyed himself. If you want to see pictures Here is my instagram post on it

• Like 2

Character sheet

6 hours ago, Craftyviking said:

I also had the hike to Kollen on Saturday. It was a tough trip emotionally. It is a hike that is supposed to take 1 hour each way and I used 1 hour and 45 mins. It was also exhausting and reminded me of how out of shape I am. But it was great and the dog really enjoyed himself. If you want to see pictures Here is my instagram post on it

Beautiful pictures! I look forward to seeing more.

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 20212022