Lady Morbuks opens a new volume

4 very assisted chin ups today! Got a long way to go...but no deadline, after all. 
Still going strong on the 3 body weight workouts per week goal, it has been very rewarding to really stick with it instead of inserting a few too many “rest days”. 
Surprisingly, the hardest part of this challenge has been building in time for dedicated meditation. I think it’s a symptom of lack of self care...perhaps? I’ll build in a break tomorrow mid-afternoon to de-stress.

Nutrition has been pretty good, not perfect, but still sticking with my challenge goal there—thank goodness it was simple!

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, Lady Morbuks said:

4 very assisted chin ups today! Got a long way to go...but no deadline, after all. 
Still going strong on the 3 body weight workouts per week goal, it has been very rewarding to really stick with it instead of inserting a few too many “rest days”. 
Surprisingly, the hardest part of this challenge has been building in time for dedicated meditation. I think it’s a symptom of lack of self care...perhaps? I’ll build in a break tomorrow mid-afternoon to de-stress.

Nutrition has been pretty good, not perfect, but still sticking with my challenge goal there—thank goodness it was simple!

Nice! For me, meditation is difficult to commit to because the benefits are diffuse and long term rather than concrete and immediate. 

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

1 hour ago, Lady Morbuks said:

Pretty good is better than perfect, some might even argue. 🙂 Funnily enough, while I'm blessed to say that I've got a decent streak going for meditation (a disclaimer though: some of those days involved a single, one-minute breathing meditation lol), I, too, have yet to meditate at a regular time! I've been doing it long enough to feel weird when I haven't meditated yet, but not at a regular time yet, just like my sleep schedule, lol.

Thanks so much for sharing!

• Like 1

5 assisted chin ups today! In the disgusting cold rain, no less. A triumph of willpower.

Bodyweight workout is still kicking my bum, irritatingly. I can do push-ups easily with bad form (elbows flared out) but barely at all with good form a la Nerd Fitness. Sigh, still progressing. Some day I will break the plane!

999054FE-6E02-4D40-B6FF-691299B8B7DA.jpeg

• Like 3

Completed my first challenge! What an interesting and positive experience.

I completely dominated my workout goal!! Except for a day when I couldn't work out due to illness, which doesn't count. Score! 100% success!

I did pretty respectably but not perfectly with my nutrition goal, but I'm glad I still made progress. I'd say 85% success. Not bad, and it helped me increase my general nutritional awareness, and that's very good indeed. 85% success.

Meditation goal: yikes, major fail here. So I have to wonder why, and I guess it just doesn't seem important? Maybe I should have picked a more compelling goal? I think the lack of success on that goal is due to 2 factors: meditation is not that important to me after all, and B.) I find it really hard to make time for just sitting and "doing nothing". That's probably most of it. Good food for thought, but I'm not going to beat myself up over missing the goal, just learn from it. 15% success.

It has been fun to interact with people here, though, and I think I'll stick around. See you guys around!!

Stats for NF BW workout:

Increased dumbbell row from 30lb to 45 lb. Can do 50 for 5 really shitty reps, though! :D 50% increase, baby!!

Record plank for 78 seconds! Went from total plank time per workout of around 120 sec (=3 planks) to 182 sec (=3 planks) 50% increase, baby!!

0 assisted chin-ups to 5 assisted chin-ups with 150lb resistance band.

No weight change, but I don't think I give a damn. And I've been drinking beer the whole time, so.

image.png.f1b52d8fad0d2f3a50f1647ceb99fada.png

• Like 2

Woohoo for smashing the challenge! On the meditation goal, one thing I've found in challenges, is that I've found they are a good way to determine what your priorities are. I've made goals, and then for one reason or another , figured out it just wasn't something I wanted to prioritize. And figuring that out is helpful, because knowing what things not to prioritize is really just as helpful as knowing what to prioritize.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

15 hours ago, Lady Morbuks said:

I completely dominated my workout goal!! Except for a day when I couldn't work out due to illness, which doesn't count. Score! 100% success!

I did pretty respectably but not perfectly with my nutrition goal, but I'm glad I still made progress. I'd say 85% success. Not bad, and it helped me increase my general nutritional awareness, and that's very good indeed. 85% success.

Meditation goal: yikes, major fail here. So I have to wonder why, and I guess it just doesn't seem important?

Awesome job with the exercise and nutrition. And yeah, you don't have to do meditation if it's not important to you. I'm choosing to do it because I think it will help my mood, long term, and I know it boosts the immune system. I can't feel those things happening when I do it, though, so I have to trust it's for the best despite the lack fo obvious positive feedback. But it's not necessary if you've got other things to do.

15 hours ago, Lady Morbuks said:

Increased dumbbell row from 30lb to 45 lb. Can do 50 for 5 really shitty reps, though! :D 50% increase, baby!!

Record plank for 78 seconds! Went from total plank time per workout of around 120 sec (=3 planks) to 182 sec (=3 planks) 50% increase, baby!!

0 assisted chin-ups to 5 assisted chin-ups with 150lb resistance band.

Nice gainz! 

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.