tonic's taking it back

tonic

On the last adventure, our hero was fighting the mighty tax season beast. It is a beast that comes back each year and she is fighting it yet again.

Our hero has been on a very long detour over the last two years and has decided it was time to continue the journey, getting past this beast for the year. After that head towards another mountain.

Goals for this challenge:

Three Steps Forward:

Lift 3 times a week. Keep the progress from the last 11 weeks going with Day A and Day B.

Gym workout:

Cardio

Goblet Squat(A)/Deadlift(B)

Pushups

Rows

Goblet Squat/Deadlift

Pushups

Rows

Goblet Squat/Deadlift

Pushups

Rows

Snatches

Squats are A day Deadlifts are B Day. I can snatch instead of my last set if I am running out of time or I feel like it.

Take a Short Rest when needed:

Yoga Thursday.

Recover hit points:

• Keep track of food in LoseIt. The goal is to keep your average weekly calories in the range: 1600 to 1900.

• Self-care once a week: Things like a massage, short walk, read a book, have fun(Don’t freaking work all the time)

My overall goal of this challenge is to keep moving forward with my momentum this year. Stay on track and enjoy the journey.

• Like 2

tonic

Shapeshifting Rebel

It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish. - J.R.R. Tolkien

tonic's taking it back

Thanks @Salinger!

10 Year Recap: Holy smokes, I joined in 2012?! I can’t believe it has been that long. It has really been 8 years and my life has so drastically changed. In 2012, I lived in a different state was engaged and was soo young. Since then I have moved across the country, got married, started a company, got divorced, got engaged, then married again and bought some property to build on. 

I am at the best mentally than I have ever been. It also shows. I have stayed on track this year like no other. I am at the heaviest weight I have ever been at but I am making progress at lowering that. My word of the year is Sustainability and I am keeping it in the forefront of my mind.

My 2020 overarching goal is to make sustainable changes. The more detailed goals are:

Get to a healthier weight: 170 to 185lbs

Keep lifting and gain my strength back

Build a house

Grow our family(knock on wood)

This challenge is all about keeping my changes on track.

This weeks update:

Three Steps Forward:

Lifting on Monday, Wednesday & Friday - Done

Cardio on Tuesday - 20 minutes on a recumbent bike - Done

Short Rest:

Yoga on Thursday - Done

Hit Points Recover:

Been tracking food all week and I am on point

Massage today for relaxation and recovery!

This week, I have rocked it and stuck to all of my plans. It helps when I plan out my recovery in advanced and it makes it easier to go to the gym the rest of the time. I am in that weird zone where I am focusing on weight loss and strength gains. My current plan is working so far. My weight is slowly bouncing down around .5lbs a week and my lifts are increasing.

A Day Workout   1/23/2020 1/29 2/3 2/10 2/14 2/19/20

Cardio - minutes 10 10 10 10 10 10 10

Goblet Squat 10 20 25 25 30 35 40
Pushups 10 10 10 10 10 10 10
Rows 10 25 25 35 35 35 40

Goblet Squat/Deadlift 10 25 25 25 30 35 40
Rows 10 25 35 35 35 35 40

Goblet Squat/Deadlift 10   25 25      
Pushups 10   10 10      
Rows 10   35        

Snatches 10         30 30

B Day Workout   1/27/20 1/31 2/5 2/12 2/17/20 2/21/20

Cardio - minutes 10 10 10 10 10 10 10

Deadlift/RDL 10 25 40 50 50 60 60
Rows 10 25 30 35 35 35 35

Deadlift/RDL 10 25 50 50 50 60 60
Rows 10 25 30 35 35 35 35

Deadlift/RDL 10 25       60 60
Pushups 10 10       10 10
Rows 10 25       35 40

Snatches 10   25   25 30 NA

• Like 3

tonic

Shapeshifting Rebel

It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish. - J.R.R. Tolkien

tonic's taking it back

Hello fellow tax accountant. I'm in my second season doing it as a full time job and gotta say you're doing awesome at keeping up with your goals through this 

Current Challenge: Maigs Settles In

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10 #11, #12, #13, #14#15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23, #24, #25, #26, #27, #28, #29, #30, #31, #32#33#34#35, #36, 373839,  4041, and 42

2020 Races:  Spartan Trifecta - pushed to 2021 / Big Red Challenge 7k June 13 (cxld) / 5k the Hard Way Oct 17 (cxld)

@MaigsTax Accountants Unite!

I am on my 11 or 12 tax season this year - my 4th as a firm owner. Thing has gotten better as I manage capacity at our firm, plus we are a remote firm - taking the commute away has helped things. I also workout BEFORE my day begins at work, otherwise it doesn't happen. You doing a challenge this month? 55 days to go!

• Like 1

tonic

Shapeshifting Rebel

tonic's taking it back

I've been doing taxes part time/on the side for about that long but my full time jobs were non-tax accounting until about a year and a half ago. The hours are crazy right now but it's the size of firm I wanted to work for (small, 6 accountants plus the owner) and we get Friday's off through the summer to help make up for the tax season. If I hadn't gotten this job I might have started my own little firm by now, but I wouldn't have been a CPA (8 more months!)

I do have a challenge, I guess I haven't updated my signature. I'll find it for you

.....searching

......searching

Here it is

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Maigs Settles In

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10 #11, #12, #13, #14#15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23, #24, #25, #26, #27, #28, #29, #30, #31, #32#33#34#35, #36, 373839,  4041, and 42

2020 Races:  Spartan Trifecta - pushed to 2021 / Big Red Challenge 7k June 13 (cxld) / 5k the Hard Way Oct 17 (cxld)

On 2/20/2020 at 5:29 PM, tonic said:

Recover hit points:

witch-0029-heal.gif

I love the spreadsheets you're using to track your goals.  Very gamified!  :D

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik 'Hav0k' Harrgath, Blademaster Adept and shadow-running Ronin extraordinaire.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

@Rurik Harrgath That is the accountant part of me shining brightly. Oh we can add gifs?! This is awesome.

@Maigs *nods* Yeah, we are an office of 6 total, 1 tax accountant, 1.5 bookkeepers, admin and me reviewing. Folks have to ask to be able to do overtime in our 'office'. We really focus on a work life balance even during tax season. Now I sound like a recruiter so I am gonna shut up about work. =P

Today I had my massage at 1pm and I have the rest of the day off. This was my 'Saturday', tomorrow I will be working from 10 to 3pm. I am finding this sustainable especially compared to last year, plus it gives me time to focus on actual work instead of email. 

This weekend I get to focus on my long rest from the gym, two whole days or no lifting or cardio. If I want to I might go on a short hike, but given I took this afternoon off it isn't likely. I instead want to make sure I get my seeds started for my garden. My tomato plants are sprouting and this weekend I need to get my peppers in the little seed pods.

giphy.gif

#55daystogo

• Like 2

tonic

Shapeshifting Rebel

tonic's taking it back

Okay so for me rest days are the FREAKING HARDEST. Like no yesterday was not a gym day. Take the day off from that, do work for most of the day, clean the kitchen make good food and RELAX. You can do it tonic! I did it but it is so hard for me to not be constantly doing #allthethings.

Speaking of, I might do some yoga today. I am a little stiff in my shoulders and neck from my appointment with my chiropractor yesterday. Yoga is a rest day activity for me. I do an easy 22 minute session that I have so down I don’t need to really listen to it anymore.

Weekly Recap:

Three Steps Forward:

Lift 3 times a week. The streak is continuing up to 14 days!. I hit MWF like I was supposed to.

Take a Short Rest when needed: Yoga Thursday after Dnd felt really good. I will do a session today to keep loose.

Recover hit points:

Keep track of food in LoseIt. The goal is to keep your average weekly calories in the range: 1600 to 1900: 1,650 - In range but a bit lower than anticipated.

Self-care once a week: Massage accomplished this week on Friday, I took the rest of Friday afternoon to relax. The trade off was I made up the hours on Saturday with a bit more. 

Next week:

Self-care item: Bubble bath with a book on my kindle

I got this!

• Like 3

tonic

Shapeshifting Rebel

tonic's taking it back

Sunday went well - I ended up not doing yoga.

Monday - I got my lifting in, in the morning but I didn’t sleep well which made it a sluggish day.

Today: Cario day 20 minutes on the recumbent bike at the gym. I slept awesome and rocked it out of the park today at work. 

Tonight is my self-care bubble bath and book.

@Salinger I am going to read Mud Season - it is a memoir. I am looking forward to my bath - I have bath bombs ready to go!

I had had some weird sensations over the last couple of days in my limbs and I am slightly worried I pinched a nerve. I hope it goes away on it own. *fingers crossed*

• Like 3

tonic

Shapeshifting Rebel

tonic's taking it back

This was a good week and a tough one. The pinched nerve got worse before it got better. It totally messed with my mental health.

Weekly Recap:

Three Steps Forward:

Lift 3 times a week. MWF - though friday was really really hard to get up for.

Take a Short Rest when needed: Yoga Thursday after Dnd was a chore to do but I did it.

Recover hit points:

Keep track of food in LoseIt. The goal is to keep your average weekly calories in the range: 1600 to 1900: I am in the upper of the range this week but doing well.

Self-care once a week: Book reading happened but not the bubble bath, pinched nerve made this a no go.

I took measurements today and the biggest change was my chest is down by 2 inches - which is amazing. My weight isn’t doing what I want but that is okay with inches melting off slowly.

I transplanted my tomato plants and the peppers are sprouting.

Next week: 

Self-care item: Not sure. I might make a chocolate cake. I have a really good book that I am reading so that is awesome.

• Like 2

tonic

Shapeshifting Rebel

tonic's taking it back