• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ormaybemidgets

Samantha's 28 Day Challenge

Oof. I'll write it all out so I feel guilty.

12/02 Thursday

No.

12/03 Friday

No.

12/04 Saturday

No.

Oh, Samantha. Reading Week is not your friend. I've been doing pretty well on eating, relatively. Usually by this point I would have gone to the 7-11 a couple times, bought a bag (a big bag) of chips, eaten all but the last few crumbs on the first day, gotten sick, and then eaten the crumbs out of the bottom by tilting the chip bag right into my face. Haven't done that yet, so good job me! Not eating as well as I should be, but I'm mostly just cleaning out the pantry before I leave for Christmas break, so it's a lot of spaghetti, or rice. I'm hoping to make a plan over break of healthy meals for when I get back. Women's Health had a good one that I never got around to implementing.

12/05 Sunday

No.

12/06 Monday

No.

12/07 Tuesday

No.

(And I can predict most of the rest of the week too.) School just has priority right now. Reading and Finals Weeks are hard, because you've got nothing but TIME. And while I might waste an hour watching an episode of Hellcats, when I try to justify an hour at the gym I can only think of all the work I have left.

I hope our next 28 Day-er starts pretty soon after this one ends, I think I'll be much more capable at home.

12/05 Sunday

(And I can predict most of the rest of the week too.) School just has priority right now. Reading and Finals Weeks are hard, because you've got nothing but TIME. And while I might waste an hour watching an episode of Hellcats, when I try to justify an hour at the gym I can only think of all the work I have left.

That's okay, Finals are tough. Just do as best as you can, get your goals planned, and attack everything head on when everything is done. Don't let an hour in the gym ruin your concentration or put you in the wrong state of mind for them.

Thanks for your encouragement!

12/08 Friday

No.

12/09 Saturday

I did a 21-minute fitness video on On Demand. It's Fame-Modern Dance Part 1. I liked it! It's apparently one of the dances from the 2009 movie (I didn't see it) but this is awesome. Just like being back in dance class. I think it might be this, and as an interesting sidenote, when I searched "FAME fitness" Amazon asked if I meant "face fitness." Face fitness? Really? Lol.

http://www.facefitnesscenter.com/

Evidently it's a thing. I can almost believe them. When I was a portrait photographer I perfected The Bright And Cheery Smile To Make People More Likely To Smile Themselves. After doing that for 8 hours a day, 4 days a week, I actually did have nicer cheekbones. That said, don't people have better things to do with their time? Watch this become the next biggest health fad.

See, you need to find something that you want to do even less than working out, and thats your default if you don't do your thing. I used chores for that very purpose for the longest time. Working out = better than scrubbing a toilet.

That website is... kind of scary. I think I like your method better, can't we all just smile? ;)

I am finding that I like the fitness videos on TV. A little bit ago, before break, I was on that kind of a system. I was either going to study or work out and there was no third option. I just didn't self-police very well, and ended up either doing neither (have you ever wanted to resist work SO MUCH that you read comment sections of articles? It's scary out there) or just wrote papers much more slowly than I would have had to.

I'm not sure if I read it on here or somewhere else, but it was about healthy behaviors, like you need to reinforce healthy behavior with healthy behavior, like "if I run this 5k, I can buy new tennis shoes" instead of "if I run this 5k, I can make myself sick on Dairy Queen." So I usually try to do that when I give myself an option too - "either I'm going to the gym, or I'm pre-making tomorrow's dinner" or "writing my paper" or "applying to law school" (done, suckas! Accepted to U Tennessee JUST NOW!). I'm great at making the plan but not great at following through, as I'll find the internet, or cleaning my room, or transferring written notes to the computer back to the notebook just ridiculously interesting.

Also,

12/10 Sunday

No.

But

12/11 Monday

17-min FAME dance video

20-min Kickboxing video

Sign in to follow this