Kat's Respawn

Hi all!

Over the past year I have lost about 15 lbs, which I’m really happy with! Unfortunately, I went into the holidays and got my ass handed to me. Though I haven’t put the weight back on completely, I started eating more and doing less during the holidays, and it’s continued out till now. So, time to restart and get the last 20 lbs off! I figured out I really need something to track my progress if I want to get to my end goal, so I’m going to try and use this like a weekly journal.

Gym Quest:

Nutrition Quest:

• Clean diet, no unhealthy snacking (+1 Daily)
  • Look into starting 5:2 instead of a daily 16:8 Daily Fasting

Life Quest:

• Wake up at 5:30 am (+1 Daily)

Hopefully this will help get me back on track! I took measurements and photos this morning,

image.png.ff62ece8b37b97067cfbde8ec22ce6f2.png

Here are my measurements:

2_25_20_Measurements.JPG.26663a6f0fa8be0e27d2326804a8d6b1.JPG

• Like 1

Hmmm...

Theoden meme 

Sindarin by-name 

...I think we might have another Tolkien Nerd up in here :D

4A9F8A74-74D6-41FD-8725-127CF4EDDBF5.gif.8ad80353c1119dc589444badf58a3657.gif

May I ask how tall you are? Your measurements look, um, familiar...

Good luck with your challenge!

hröa Periano, sanar Eldaro, fëa Núnatano

(body of a Hobbit, mind of an Elf, soul of a Dúnadan)

Memories of a former Age [ 1 |  2 ]  ~  Return from Mandos [ respawn ]

Recent sojourns in Middle-earth [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ]

[ Current: The Last Homely House ]   ~   [ Tracking spreadsheet ]   ~   [ Instagram ]

The warrior and the artist live by the same code of necessity, which dictates that the battle must be fought anew every day.  ~ Steven Pressfield, The War of Art

15 hours ago, oromendur said:

Hmmm...

Theoden meme 

Sindarin by-name 

...I think we might have another Tolkien Nerd up in here :D

4A9F8A74-74D6-41FD-8725-127CF4EDDBF5.gif.8ad80353c1119dc589444badf58a3657.gif

May I ask how tall you are? Your measurements look, um, familiar...

Good luck with your challenge!

Definitely a huge fan of Tolkien! Always nice to meet other Tolkien Nerds!

Image result for lord of the rings gifs friend

Anyways I'm about 5'7", why they are familiar? Now i'm curious lol.

Thanks for the encouragement!

• Like 1

image.png.54a5ae0eca668e5bbe240fb67948f900.png

Had a great week this week! Ate very well and was even able to start the new workouts

Image result for nerd movie work out gifs

Really enjoyed eating this week and tried a new type of salad to bring to lunch! Next week I really need to add in the boxing. I miss going and can't wait to get back to it. I'll be posting the weekend in a separate post since it's extra hard to eat clean then. Till Sunday my friends!

Image result for cat goodbye gifs

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Kat Peredhil said:

Definitely a huge fan of Tolkien! Always nice to meet other Tolkien Nerds!

frodonodding.gif.7370ae7310584fd2a936054300e561b0.gif

19 hours ago, Kat Peredhil said:

Anyways I'm about 5'7", why they are familiar? Now i'm curious lol.

Oh, they just look a lot like mine, that's all. But I'm only 5'3" so I'm much more hobbit-shaped than your lithe half-elven self  :) 

18 hours ago, Kat Peredhil said:

<fancy spreadsheet image>

You're a dancer too! Yay! Lots of dance Nerds popping up around here. I'm a ballroom girl myself. What kind of swing? West Coast, East Coast, Lindy? 

Recent sojourns in Middle-earth [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ]

[ Current: The Last Homely House ]   ~   [ Tracking spreadsheet ]   ~   [ Instagram ]

The warrior and the artist live by the same code of necessity, which dictates that the battle must be fought anew every day.  ~ Steven Pressfield, The War of Art

On 2/29/2020 at 12:44 PM, oromendur said:

You're a dancer too! Yay! Lots of dance Nerds popping up around here. I'm a ballroom girl myself. What kind of swing? West Coast, East Coast, Lindy? 

Oh awesome! I do Lindy primarily, know a bit of Charleston, and recently I've been learning Balboa! I've been really thinking about starting up ballroom! I'm at a university where they have free lessons and a lot of people I know who swing also do ballroom, so maybe next semester. It looks awesome! How long have you been dancing?

2 hours ago, Kat Peredhil said:

How long have you been dancing?

Not long in the grand scheme of things. Maybe six years? It kind of fills the niche in my life that used to be occupied by martial arts, so I am much more into the social, lead/follow, interactive-body-conversation aspects of ballroom rather than the athletic, flashy, rhinestones-and-spray tan competition aspects. Also, unlike all those martial arts adventures, it's the sort of thing I'll be able to do for the rest of my life. I'm not getting any younger, so it's been very nice to discover that there's a complex, disciplined physical art out that doesn't necessarily involve getting punched in the face -- at least not on purpose :D

I enjoy the occasional West Coast or Jive (modern or otherwise), I can sort of dance Lindy (basic, nothing fancy), and if the lead is confident I'll generally give anything a go :) What I find most satisfying about social ballroom is that I don't have to dance the same dance all night long. I would much rather dance swing, and Latin, and ballroom, and club dances, and actually enjoy the challenge and excitement of a variety of dance styles all in a single night, rather than just do West Coast over...and over...and over... Same with Salsa, or Blues, or really any single dance style. It just gets boring to dance the same thing for hours.

2 hours ago, Kat Peredhil said:

I've been really thinking about starting up ballroom! I'm at a university where they have free lessons and a lot of people I know who swing also do ballroom, so maybe next semester. It looks awesome!

IT IS AWESOME. If you have a chance at free lessons, you should totally give it a try! If nothing else, one semester of exploring other dance styles will expand your existing Swing repertoire. And if you don't like it? No biggie, didn't cost you anything but some time to learn that. I *really* wish I could have started when I was younger.

Maybe with a minor forum summoning we can get ballroom Nerd extraordinaire @Mike Wazowski to join the thread; I believe he is a ballroom teacher in a collegiate program, and he might have more detailed advice.

You've been caught in the "crossfire" of the Scouts Virtual Color Run!

image.png

It's just a little bit of light-hearted fun and a celebration of Spring.

If you want to "participate," here are some ideas for this week:

• For one exercise session this week, pull out the brightest version of clothing you might reasonably wear
  • Get into the spirit of the holiday by letting go of an old grudge or resentment, or by taking the opportunity to turn over a new leaf and make a fresh start on something
  • Enjoy the season...find an extra reason to spend a few minutes enjoying being outside
  • "Throw some color" on someone else...maybe spread some cheer, or do a good deed.

p.s. You guys probably know this, but @Raxie is also really into ballroom.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016