Brovatar Korra

8 hours ago, Brovatar Korra said:

My gym is a small independent meat head gym (5 people there at once is an unusually busy day) so they are going to say open for now. There are lysol cans and wipes everywhere, it is actually the cleanest I have EVER seen it. Other than workouts husband and I have been burrowing into our living room. So glad we recently replaced our old beat-up couch.

Small (or big?) blessings :)

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Well that was short-lived, all gyms must now be closed through the end of the month due to governor's orders. I understand why it is for the best, though it is frustrating since the gym has done so much for my mental and emotional health as well.

We don't own any weights at home save for one 15 lb kettle bell that I never learned how to properly use (other than Turkish get-ups, which I love). Time to do some You Tube research and bust out some bodyweight routines.

giphy.gif

Powerlifter, Strongwoman, Pharmacist, Earth bender, Mom, Iowan, Pianist, Gloomhavener, Madeira enthusiast, Apex Legend, Flexitarian, Combat veteran, Occasional Twitter troll, Watches too many reality cooking shows

40 minutes ago, Brovatar Korra said:

We don't own any weights at home save for one 15 lb kettle bell that I never learned how to properly use (other than Turkish get-ups, which I love). Time to do some You Tube research and bust out some bodyweight routines.

Does this help?

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/the-20-minute-beginner-kettlebell-workout-build-muscle-and-burn-fat/

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31

Well I don't think this challenge is ending as anybody had planned, but I am very grateful for my health.

On 3/17/2020 at 9:42 PM, Scalyfreak said:

Yes thanks! I watched the videos and then tried it out with my 15# KB, ooph that was tough! I got though 3 circuits... eventually. I think I took a solid 4 min break between each round laying on my yoga mat staring at the ceiling. I enjoyed this more than I thought so I'm going to try to do it at least 3x next week.

I've been able to stick to my nutrition goals ~90% of the time. I compared my 7 day average of last week's weight compared to this week and it is 2.1 lb lower, woohoo! I might even start back up some yoga and really make the most out of this non-gym mobility time!

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Powerlifter, Strongwoman, Pharmacist, Earth bender, Mom, Iowan, Pianist, Gloomhavener, Madeira enthusiast, Apex Legend, Flexitarian, Combat veteran, Occasional Twitter troll, Watches too many reality cooking shows

On 3/21/2020 at 7:58 PM, Brovatar Korra said:

I watched the videos and then tried it out with my 15# KB, ooph that was tough! I got though 3 circuits... eventually. I think I took a solid 4 min break between each round laying on my yoga mat staring at the ceiling. I enjoyed this more than I thought so I'm going to try to do it at least 3x next week.

Aren’t humans funny creatures :D glad you already found something you’d like to do!

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram