Hello!

I just joined NerdFitness and the NerdFitness Academy! Funny enough, I found this site because I was looking for a way to prep myself to take a martial art and learn how to limber up and get in shape. I'm not limber at all, so that's definitely something I'll be working on.

I'm rather new to the fitness arena; I've been going to the gym off and on, but I don't quite know what I'm doing just yet. I'm excited to learn and grow and see where I end up!

Thanks! I've tried one yoga class haha. I did purchase I think the beginners NF Yoga? We'll see how that goes, plus on of my friends does yoga all the time. I got super self-conscious in that yoga class, even though they were really nice about it and the whole point is to just be there and do the best you can, but my mentality wasn't the greatest when I did that class 😬

I'm not sure which martial art I want to try. I did karate for a bit when I was a kid, so I'm thinking maybe kenpo or something like that

It’s hard to be a beginner in yoga, like many things. Hang in there! The stronger you get, the more the rest poses are actually relaxing like they claim they are 😆

I’m 100% nerd, so I often find myself surprised that I find fitness so interesting. I like all the different ways people figure out how to improve and entertain ourselves. 
Welcome!

• Like 1

Great! I might try yoga again, especially since one of my achilles tendons is so tight. My foot can't always touch the floor, but I think yoga should definitely help with that.

I've always been a nerd, too! But I've only recently gotten into fitness, and it's nice to see that there are different ways to get into shape and be healthy :D 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, kwetterman said:

Thanks! I've tried one yoga class haha. I did purchase I think the beginners NF Yoga? We'll see how that goes, plus on of my friends does yoga all the time. I got super self-conscious in that yoga class, even though they were really nice about it and the whole point is to just be there and do the best you can, but my mentality wasn't the greatest when I did that class 😬

I'm not sure which martial art I want to try. I did karate for a bit when I was a kid, so I'm thinking maybe kenpo or something like that

Makes sense, I was tumbling all over the place when I did my first class.

On 3/9/2020 at 2:50 AM, kwetterman said:

Hello!

I just joined NerdFitness and the NerdFitness Academy! Funny enough, I found this site because I was looking for a way to prep myself to take a martial art and learn how to limber up and get in shape. I'm not limber at all, so that's definitely something I'll be working on.

Welcome! I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I see a lot of people say "I want to get fit and in shape before I start Jiu Jitsu, what exercises should I focus on?" and the standard response generally from Black Belts is "just turn up to class, you'll get in shape along the way"

Now I know with everything going on, turning up to class is probably not a thing at the moment, but when this is all over don't be afraid to just jump into your first class, I was nowhere near fit when I started and just by turning up and practicing I managed to really improve my strength and cardio. Don't wait until you think you're good enough to try! 😊

• Like 1

Battle Log: Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Fox of War// Challenge 1 (Do Over) // Respawn Log: Continue [Y]/[N]

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” 

Thief of Time