Rebel Rebel Truth Or Dare!

RedStone

LATE CHALLENGE SURPRISING TWIST THING!

Here we are at the near end of our challenges with another two weeks to go still, and well, this is about the time we all start losing steam amirite? @Rookie and I have a little game for you, just for fun if you want to play - the game is simple, and you all know it...

tenor.gif

Here's how we're going to try it - post here with a GIF indicating if you would prefer a "truth" or "dare" question, or if you're not really feeling this round and would rather not be tagged. (If that's the case, no biggie!) The truth questions can be anything appropriate for a public forum (lets keep this light and fun, yeah?) and the dares can be anything reasonable as well, and not restricted to fitness stuff! If you agree to play but get a truth or dare you don't want to deal with, 5 squats will clear the air.

So, take a second (or 15) to respond to this thread, I'll start by challenging @Rookie with her preferred thing and then it'll be her turn to truth or dare one of you! All of the fun of middle school without any of the awkwardness. Seriously, where was this, (uh, wow,) that would be 27 years ago for me! 

Here are some suggestions to help get in the spirit of things!

truth-gif-1.gif

What's one thing you'd do differently in your fitness journey

What is an embarrassing thing you've done this year

What's the funniest thing to happen to you

tenor.gif

Dance to a supplied song

Attempt a self portrait (and share it)

Attempt a cartwheel 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Rookie said:

Oh Genie inspiration for this one lol 

If you could have 3 wish come true right now, what would you choose? 

Legit answer spoilerised because it's too serious:

Spoiler

1) Hit Ctrl+Z on this whole plague thing

2) No more lymphoma for my puppy

3) $500K to buy a house with

Fun answer because I'm here for fun:

1) House to be magically clean and tidy at all times with no effort on my part

2) All movies should feature a blooper reel during the credits

3) And it would be un-Australian not to wish for A packet of TimTams that never runs out

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Lateral Planet said:

Hide contents

3) And it would be un-Australian not to wish for A packet of TimTams that never runs out

I wish I could have 2 reactions on this. I would like your serious answer and I would laugh at your fun answer.  Both sets of answers are great ❤️ 

I am going to add to your #2 ... show the "after scenes credits" soooooner or let you know there will be one or not.

• Like 3

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

11 hours ago, Rookie said:

@RedStone

Image result for dare gif 

😉 please keep in mind my bum ankle though haha

Well it looks like I'm a wee late! But I'll dare ya anyway :) 

In my shopping this week I'm thinking about all the new recipes I'm going to have time to try in the upcoming weeks, I dare you to find and try a new recipe yourself this week! Let us know the recipe and how it goes!

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Well it looks like I'm a wee late! But I'll dare ya anyway :) 

In my shopping this week I'm thinking about all the new recipes I'm going to have time to try in the upcoming weeks, I dare you to find and try a new recipe yourself this week! Let us know the recipe and how it goes!

Sounds good! :) I will update when I have done that 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

Hide contents

Your turn! Tag someone and ask them Truth or Dare!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

Hey @J3NN, since you're here already, I saw you mentioned Supernatural in your first post this challenge. How do you feel about the show finally coming to an end?

Oooh, what a great question.

How do I feel about Supernatural ending? I watched the very first episode the night the pilot episode aired and I have never missed any episode. This show has been a part of my life since September 13, 2005. I've been through the good shows and the bad shows, the crazy plot lines and fallen in love with the characters. My whole family watches, and for us it is a family affair. When social media became a thing, it took me a while to find the Supernatural fandom and to follow the actors, but once I did, that took things to another level entirely. In 2016 I discovered GISHWHES the scavenger hunt hosted by Misha Collins/Castiel. It literally changed my life. At that point, I truly joined the fandom. I suck at the show trivia, but I don't make Supernatural a part of my life for the details in the shows, I do it because I can't imagine my life without those people in it.  So, how do I feel about the show ending? My heart is breaking. I understand, and even appreciate that it's time for the cast and crew to do different things. Yet, every little sign that it's coming to an end stops me in my tracks and brings tears to my eyes. When the end is really here, I have no doubt that I will be a sobbing mess. I can't imagine anything taking the place or filling the hole that will be left. I'll continue to follow the cast and crew, but the camaraderie will not be the same I fear. I don't think it's any coincidence that we're seeing a global pandemic the same time this show is ending... They say there will peace when we are done, I'm afraid that the peace comes at too high a cost. 

• Like 3

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

14 hours ago, J3NN said:

Oooh, what a great question.

How do I feel about Supernatural ending? I watched the very first episode the night the pilot episode aired and I have never missed any episode. This show has been a part of my life since September 13, 2005. I've been through the good shows and the bad shows, the crazy plot lines and fallen in love with the characters. My whole family watches, and for us it is a family affair. When social media became a thing, it took me a while to find the Supernatural fandom and to follow the actors, but once I did, that took things to another level entirely. In 2016 I discovered GISHWHES the scavenger hunt hosted by Misha Collins/Castiel. It literally changed my life. At that point, I truly joined the fandom. I suck at the show trivia, but I don't make Supernatural a part of my life for the details in the shows, I do it because I can't imagine my life without those people in it.  So, how do I feel about the show ending? My heart is breaking. I understand, and even appreciate that it's time for the cast and crew to do different things. Yet, every little sign that it's coming to an end stops me in my tracks and brings tears to my eyes. When the end is really here, I have no doubt that I will be a sobbing mess. I can't imagine anything taking the place or filling the hole that will be left. I'll continue to follow the cast and crew, but the camaraderie will not be the same I fear. I don't think it's any coincidence that we're seeing a global pandemic the same time this show is ending... They say there will peace when we are done, I'm afraid that the peace comes at too high a cost. 

Your turn @J3NN :) @RedStone still hasn't done one

1 hour ago, Rookie said:

Your turn @J3NN :) @RedStone still hasn't done one

Tell-her-the-truth-GIF.gif

On 3/13/2020 at 2:44 PM, Rookie said:

Sounds good! :) I will update when I have done that 

You get 2! 

Pizza

20200313_134625.thumb.jpg.763437e11129fbca304bdb04a452f60d.jpg

So I used my naan bread recipe for the crust. It was pretty good lol but not for everyone as it kind of felt like the dough wasn't cooked (even though it was). 

Dough:

1 cup self-rising flour *

1/2 cup plain yogurt

*Was supposed to be 1/2 cup flour but I needed more because it was a gooey mess. I think the recipe I looked up said to use Greek yogurt... Which probably makes a difference lol

Toppings: anything you want but I put 2 tbsp pasta sauce as a base, 30g low fat marble, 6 pepperoni, diced tomato, handful of broccoli, 3 mushrooms sliced, fresh basil as a garnish

Directions

- preheat oven to 400F

- put yogurt and flour in a mixing bowl or mixer and mix until it forms a ball. You need to add a bit more flour in this step

- once dough is not super sticky roll it out into your pizza stone or pan

- put your sauce on

- put your toppings on

- bake for 20 mins or until dough is cooked

-broil for 1-2 mins

- let rest for 5 mins then enjoy!

Roast beef in slow cooker

20200314_185452.thumb.jpg.3a4a0657956822fdfb3045eb99edb9d8.jpg

So I have made roast beast (beef roast lol) in the cooker before but I tried something new this time. 

Ingredients

- your roast beast

- 2-3 cups beef stock

- onion soup mix (optional)

- garlic cloves (I used about 5-6) crushed and cut into thickish slices 

- 5tbsp pasta sauce or 2tbsp of tomato paste

- Your preferred seasonings (I used keg Steak spice, black pepper, garlic powder)

Directions

- Mix up your beef stock, onion soup mix and pasta sauce

- put 1/3 the mixture in the bottom of your slowcooker

- put your roast in your slowcooker

- make random stabs into the roast and insert the garlic clove pieces into the roast

- pour the rest of your mixture over the roast

- season your roast and pat the herbs in

- put the lid on and set for 8hrs on low

- after 8 hours, take your roast out and make a tent with tin foil over it for 10 mins before cutting (it will probably not cut nicely lol but it tastes delicious)

20200314_144250.thumb.jpg.d539d1c0f335895a0dca9a3b80e46275.jpg

Optional

- put some of the drippings (I used 2/3cup) from your slowcooker into a pan. Add 1/4 cup of flour and whisk it so it's a paste and let that cook on medium heat for 3-5 mins stirring randomly. Then add some beef broth and/or more drippings and simmer until it's the desired thickness. 

• Like 2

On 3/14/2020 at 10:22 AM, J3NN said:

So, how do I feel about the show ending? My heart is breaking. I understand, and even appreciate that it's time for the cast and crew to do different things. Yet, every little sign that it's coming to an end stops me in my tracks and brings tears to my eyes. When the end is really here, I have no doubt that I will be a sobbing mess. I can't imagine anything taking the place or filling the hole that will be left. I'll continue to follow the cast and crew, but the camaraderie will not be the same I fear. I don't think it's any coincidence that we're seeing a global pandemic the same time this show is ending... They say there will peace when we are done, I'm afraid that the peace comes at too high a cost. 

Yep it's been such a huge thing for so many years we're going to get to the end and be like:

L6EoLS78pcBag.gif.d41d2ab6cc2ecac23842592b25ce276c.gif

Plus there's always so much anticipation when something so long-running comes to an end. They could hit us with the feels perfectly like MASH did or they could bollocks it up at the last minute like How I Met Your Mother. I'd like to think it'll be the former! Either way, there's 15 years worth of reruns to keep us entertained in these trying times.

• Like 1