So I looked at Nerd Fitness’s own website about healthy eating, and I use the plate diagram as my guide to eating for lunch and dinner.

Protein is almost always chicken, either a leg or two thighs. Carbs is almost always white rice, I eat cucumbers and carrots and lettuce, and fruits are apples and bananas. I eat almonds throughout the day for healthy fats. Two cups of milk, one flavored. 
I drink water 8 cups.

is this a good diet for losing 1kg every week?

i also pair this with strength training Monday, hiit next, then this pattern continues.

Hey Azzedar. We can't tell you whether it's good for losing weight, because weight loss depends on being in a caloric deficit--that means eating less than you need to maintain your weight--and that varies from person to person. It depends on your height, weight, age, sex, bodyfat percentage, how active you are, and your unique metabolism. TDEE calculators can give you an estimate of your daily calories (TDEE stands for total daily energy expenditure) and those can be a good starting place to test how many calories you can eat in order to lose weight. Or you could just see if/how fast you're losing weight on your current diet and adjust based on results. The only other comment I have is that if this is all you eat, it doesn't look very varied. Every food offers a different range of micronutrients, so it's good to eat a wide variety of plant foods, proteins, and carbs. It's up to you, though.

Try it out and see. Weigh yourself every couple of days, take waist measurements once  a week, and pay attention to how your clothes fit, Give it a few weeks and see if you are losing weight. If you are, then keep going. If you are but are too hungry, eat more. Personally, I think it is agood idea to track calories for a few week, just to give you a good idea of what food portions you should be eating