There And Back Again - and Again! 2020 Battle Log

03/19/20:  

I'm munching on an Asian Pear as I type this - makes my allergy irritated throat feel better somehow.  Had a serious downfall - but I forgive myself.  50th birthdays and too much celebrating can make for a tubby Hobbit!  Yes, I turned 50 on 2/27 - and now a new page in my book is opened.

Strange times, these...  Gyms closed, almost nobody out walking or jogging, no movies, no library - for a few weeks anyway.  It has indeed changed a few things about my lifestyle that needed changed anyway, such as not eating out anymore (where? everyplace is either closed or take-out/delivery only!) and using up what groceries I have (waste not, want not).

I changed my focus recently to 'take better care of YOU' instead of all of my past 'goals' that didn't come through.  It only works if on a subconscious level you really desire to do it, and part of me just wasn't ready.  But for some reason I'm ready now, and it's starting to show. 

Amongst the things I've successfully done recently:

a.  Finally got my teeth cleaned and partial dentures fitted;

b.  Cut waaaay back on breads and crispy carby non-veggie/non-fruity things; (My downfall? crunchy/salty)

c.  Work in an extra min. 30 minutes a day of activity, stretching, and body work;

d.  Get to bed early;

e.  No online shopping allowed until June (bad habit);

f.  No cell phone or TV after 8:30pm so I can actually relax and rest at night!

May you all be blessed, my fellow Travelers, and may the Orcs leave you alone on your journey!

Master Blackhawke

• Like 3

"The only decision that matters is what you do with the time that has been given to you." (Gandalf - LOTR)

Something else that I've been trying:

I used some birthday money to try a few of the meal delivery services.

Thusfar, I've tried Hello Fresh, EveryPlate, and Dinnerly.  All took some major tweaking to add some extra health to them... A couple of them offered Vegetarian options...

Anyway....

MB

"The only decision that matters is what you do with the time that has been given to you." (Gandalf - LOTR)

3/24/2020 Tuesday

Trying to keep a sense of levity during this time of Stay Home Stay Safe... Working regular hours, but not sure how long...  But this too shall pass.   Making sure, in the meantime, to put in some extra activity.  No time like the present, says I!

tolkein.jpg

• Like 1

05/05/20 TUESDAY

Check-in time....

Work is starting to pay off.  Had to make myself laugh when I caught a reflection in the mirror during a Richard Simmons workout session - but hey, it was FUN.  Feeling a LOT better.

Am going a little stir-crazy  however - Sunday before last I couldn't get out of the house and to the park fast enough and I stayed out almost until it got dark, it felt so good.  My furniture has been rearranged, the cupboards scrubbed.... and I'm driving my cats bonkers.  :)

Blessings to you all!

• Like 1