Nerd Fitness D&D: Looking For Group

16 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am recruiting players for a game I am starting up, is there still interest from the folks here who didn't get in last time?

@Jupiter, @Maggie-Miau, @bigm141414, @Strickland5

Full disclosure: I am new to DMing and so this will very much be a learning experience for me as I try to work through all the DM things. 

I'm interested. :) 

10 hours ago, bigm141414 said:

Oooo, what when were you thinking of kicking this off? My days are pretty busy with work, but I can take a look at fitting this in.

You know we really should set up a DM Academy for nerds to run their own one shots to try out DMing.

I am taking the super ambitious route and actually have 2 campaigns that I am preparing.  One is a Play by Post on Discord, set in a world that I created myself.  That has just launched (still in character creation mode) and I have room for 1 more person.

The second will be once/week live sessions on Roll20 using the Lost Mine of Phandelver module.  That one only has 2 players signed up so far, but I plan to launch that as soon I get enough players.  The sessions will likely be on a weekday evening US time.

Let me know your interest in either of those

4 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I'm interested. :) 

Cool, again let me know which of the two you would be interested in.

7 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Could I talk you into PMing me a Discord invite so I can look around and see what you've got cooking?

Also, congratulations on your first DMing! I'm quite sure that you'll do very well.

Apparently your insider connections have already hooked you up ;) 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

54 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Cool, again let me know which of the two you would be interested in.

Um, I guess the second one? I've never played before so I'm not really sure what they are, LOL. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Um, I guess the second one? I've never played before so I'm not really sure what they are, LOL. 

If you haven't played before, the second one is probably a good choice.  It is a campaign designed for beginners and is the one I used to introduce Ghostlet to the game.  I will sign you up for that and I can start working with you to build characters for the game ahead of time so that you can be up to speed when it launches.

• Like 1

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

WhiteGhost - I'm good thanks ... with running 3 games and playing in a 4th ... but thanks for thinking of me :) 

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

If you haven't played before, the second one is probably a good choice.  It is a campaign designed for beginners and is the one I used to introduce Ghostlet to the game.  I will sign you up for that and I can start working with you to build characters for the game ahead of time so that you can be up to speed when it launches.

Cool, thanks! :) 

• Like 1

@bigm141414  I tried to PM you but apparently you still can't get messages.  Let me know which of the games you are interested in joining and I will send you an invite.

Level 2 Ninja